DSGamerWorld

ModChipCentral - Wii

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Ubisoft CEO is unhappy with Wii U pricing

Wishes it was less expensive.

According to Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot, the Wii U is 'expensive', and hopes it'll get cheaper before too long...

In an interview with Games Industry International, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said he is not pleased with the pricing Nintendo decided on for the Wii U and hopes for a price drop soon...

"I always prefer lower pricing, so I can't say I'm happy," Guillemot said.

"I'm never happy when the machines are expensive. What we have to do there is remember that compared to an iPad, it's cheap. With what it brings [to the gaming table] it's cheap. But I hope they'll be able to drop their price in time."
    Do you agree with him? Or are you getting one anyway when it launches at the end of the month?

Remember, the Wii U is due out in North America this Sunday November 18 beginning at $300 for its 8GB Basic model and scaling to $350 for the 32GB Deluxe version with copy of Nintendo Land. The Wii U comes to Europe and Australia on November 30, with a launch in Japan rounding out the bunch on December 8.

NEWS SOURCE #1: Ubisoft CEO would like lower price on Wii-U (via) GamesIndustry
    NEWS SOURCE #2: Wii-U is expensive says Ubisoft CEO (via) GameSpot

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!

Jolly Old England, The Land of the Trolls
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    well yea, its a revamp last gen

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Way too much here in the UK 299.99 for 32gb. At least 50 off that price!!

Jolly Old England, The Land of the Trolls
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sped View Post
    Way too much here in the UK 299.99 for 32gb. At least 50 off that price!!
    yup, considering you can get a 360 250gb with kinect for 288.99, and the wii u aint much more powerfuller than current gen systems

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    I reckon that once the other next gen console come around or six-eight months regardless I reckon there will be a price cut of some sought similar to the 3DS situation.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    The high price on Wii was not an issue, and why should it be now? Its the usual launch price for a new console.

Wii was a less upgrade, than a Wii-U is.. Still it...you know the story.
    Last edited by Battlefield; 11-14-2012 at 02:59 PM.
    ---
    Breaking news: I got mail from "Straight Right" in Australia. They are still working on the secret mature "AAA retail game" for Wii U.

Norway just made the worlds first Smart Cruise Ship. Robots working in bars and lots of other high tech stuff.
    This ship have Xbox One's, but they also have Wii U in other ships.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cyyOUZjEIc#t=158

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    As someone who wasn't interested in the WiiU, I have to say, I found its price point actually enticing. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but $350 just doesn't sound like a lot to me for a premium model. It's only $100 more than what the Wii lanuched at, and that system didn't come with a tablet controller. What remains to be seen is the quality of the titles on the system. $400 wouldn't be too much to ask if it's mind-blowing, and $200 would be highway robbery if all we get are the same casual Dogz and sports games rehashed all over again.

Yeah, like we really need more of those.
    I used to fanboy consoles in my sig. Now I'm not so sure they are worth my love. Steam has done more for me than all 3 consoles combined this gen.