DSGamerWorld

ModChipCentral - Wii

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Nintendo finally explains Wii U's Online services

Nintendo Network, user IDs, eShop, and more!

Nintendo has finally released an English video explaining the Wii U online functionalities, including the Nintendo Network, eShop, Miiverse and the Internet Browser.

That's right, the Wii U is about to be launched and so Nintendo has finally released an English video explaining all the Online features of the upcoming console.

Phew, they made it. The Wii U comes out in five days, and now we finally know how its Internet functionality will work. Here's Nintendo's Bill Trinen talking about the Nintendo Network, user IDs, the eShop, and more.

There's also a lot of info on Miiverse, the system's web browser, and even some footage from New Super Mario Bros. U.
    About time, Nintendo!
    You can watch the video below!

NEWS SOURCE: Nintendo finally explains how the Wii-U's online will work (via) Kotaku

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!

Jolly Old England, The Land of the Trolls
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    nintendo release a video saying theyve finaly caught up and is offering what others have done for the past 7 years (for MS even longer) and lets love the day one update feature.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diztructor View Post
    nintendo release a video saying theyve finaly caught up and is offering what others have done for the past 7 years (for MS even longer) and lets love the day one update feature.
    a day 1 update isnt that unusual, the ps3 had one to put advertised features into place when it launched too.

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diztructor View Post
    Thats not true, integrating comments and stuff directly into the game world has not been done before (that I know of).

I still want to know about party. Can I play CoD and invite a friend to my party and then voice chat with them? Can I invite more than one? That is, in my opinion, the most important feature for online gaming.

But I have to say, these features look really nice and given the amount of RAM Nintendo has dedicated to the OS and its features, they will have lots of room to add more features. Unlike the PS3 for example, which cannot have cross game voice chat because of this initial mistake.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    its sad really, i want to want a wiiu but those controllers are terrible (i will not spend $50 on a pro controller that should be standard). 2d mario in hd is... it looks odd to me and $60 for another rehash NSMB no thanks. Come on nintendo branch out a bit, take risk and make something ill enjoy. Im sick and tired of your same old rehashed ips from the 80s.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billysastard View Post
    a day 1 update isnt that unusual, the ps3 had one to put advertised features into place when it launched too.
    ?? my ps3 didnt need updating to have its advertised features, it came with other os, it had the boring folding at home, since relesed it had new features added, but i didnt notice (unless im wrong) sony releasing the ps3 after saying it will have this, but make it a day 1 update.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattias800 View Post
    Thats not true, integrating comments and stuff directly into the game world has not been done before (that I know of).

I still want to know about party. Can I play CoD and invite a friend to my party and then voice chat with them? Can I invite more than one? That is, in my opinion, the most important feature for online gaming.

But I have to say, these features look really nice and given the amount of RAM Nintendo has dedicated to the OS and its features, they will have lots of room to add more features. Unlike the PS3 for example, which cannot have cross game voice chat because of this initial mistake.
    i guess youve not used the 360/ps3 then, you can message and even talk while playing, i dont get where you got this from, ive played many games whilst talking with my headset.

more features?? will these features be what they've cut out, that other systems included at launch, will these other features be what other systems have already offered such as netflix?

the wii u will be limited from day one, its specs are slightly better than the 360/ps3, so just by adding a little more isnt going to go that far really.

if you compare the ps2/xbox to the ps3/360 you can clearly see the difference, compare the gc to the wii, not so much really.

compare the ps3/360 to the wii u, again not much difference can be seen.

its like buying a rehased last gen system with a new controller that may i add, a software update could have offered, but shame the wii didnt have these resources to do so, chances are this new version will be the same.