ModChipFactory

R4Depot

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation First Wii U firmware update is HUGE!!

It take hours to complete

When you connect your Wii U for the first time it will ask you to install a 5GB firmware update.

The awaited Wii U was released yesterday in the US and it arrived without Miiverse, eShop, Internet Browser and backwards compatibility, so users had to wait for a 5GB firmware update!! Depending on your Internet connection, this update could take around 1 - 3 hours to complete, or even more.

Also you should be careful, as if you unplug your Wii U while updating you could brick your new system, like that happened to a few people already.

NEWS SOURCE: Wii-U's first firmware update is huge and takes took over an hour to update (via) SiliconEra

Our thanks to 'Robe24' for this news item!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    5gb would only take around 10 mins to download so does this mean that nintendos severs are really slow? or is it just that american broadband isnt up to speed?

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billysastard View Post
    5gb would only take around 10 mins to download so does this mean that nintendos severs are really slow? or is it just that american broadband isnt up to speed?
    Both I'm guessing or the actual install takes allot of time. I wonder what UK quotes will be though, considering that our fastest internet connection gets gimped at peak times.

I remember when I got the original Wii I spent 30-60mins updating it on my 3mbps connection which should have been able to download the updates otherwise in a fraction of the time.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    The download itself will take short time here, but most people still have **** lines.

In some countries, there is even line cap/transfer limit! DOH.
    ---
    Norway just made the worlds first Smart Cruise Ship. Robots working in bars and lots of other high tech stuff.
    This ship have Xbox One's, but they also have Wii U in other ships.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cyyOUZjEIc#t=158

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    the update is 1.5 GB and not 5GB as originally reported

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Wow...5 gb 15 minutes...In italy need more then 2 hours.

Jolly Old England, The Land of the Trolls
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    missing key, this day one update shouldnt be needed, nintendo should have released a fully functioning system, insted of bragging all its fad features and forgeting about actually adding the software in the system.

lets roll on the "what about those without internet" which is allways comes up for sony or ms pmsl

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diztructor View Post
    missing key, this day one update shouldnt be needed, nintendo should have released a fully functioning system, insted of bragging all its fad features and forgeting about actually adding the software in the system.

lets roll on the "what about those without internet" which is allways comes up for sony or ms pmsl
    PS3 had launch update too, and its also the console with most firmware updates on the planet unless Vita have more.
    ---
    Norway just made the worlds first Smart Cruise Ship. Robots working in bars and lots of other high tech stuff.
    This ship have Xbox One's, but they also have Wii U in other ships.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cyyOUZjEIc#t=158

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diztructor View Post

yes, that is very much a concern, although of course most of the items in this patch are for the online services not all are i would hope that the update will become available on the game discs shortly.

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon