3 PowerPC 750 cores @ 1.243125GHz, GPU @ 549.999755MHz. Also, possible hack incoming?

marcan (Team Twiizers) has shared more info about the Processor and GPU included in the Wii U. And while speeds are low, he added 'Espresso' isn't comparable clock per clock to a 'Xenon' or a 'Cell'.

marcan from Team Twiizers, has revealed the Clock Speeds for the Processor and GPU included in the Wii U.

Here's the info he posted on his Twitter account @marcan42:

Wii U codenames worth knowing: system Cafe, CPU Espresso, GPU/SoC/etc. Latte, ARM secure processor Starbuck (we made that one up).

1.243125GHz, exactly. 3 PowerPC 750 type cores (similar to Wii's Broadway, but more cache).

GPU core at 549.999755MHz.

we're calling the WiiU security processor the Starbuck (vs. Starlet on Wii). And it seems to be about equally vulnerable, too

sorry, I'd rather not talk about how I got that yet. It doesn't involve leaks, it involves Wii U hacks

He added that, even if clock speeds are low, 'Espresso' isn't really comparable clock per clock to a 'Xenon' (Xbox 360) or a 'Cell' (PS3).

The Espresso is an out of order design with a much shorter pipeline. It should win big on IPC on most code, but it has weak SIMD.

It's worth noting that Espresso is *not* comparable clock per clock to a Xenon or a Cell. Think P4 vs. P3-derived Core series.

No hardware threads. One per core. No new SIMD, just paired singles. But it's a saner core than the P4esque stuff in 360/PS3.

And I'm sure it's not an "idle" clock speed. 1.24G is exactly in line with what we expected for a 750-based design.

So yes, the Wii U CPU is nothing to write home about, but don't compare it clock per clock with a 360 and claim it's much worse. It isn't.
There you have it. You can find more on his official Twitter account linked below.

What do you think?

NEWS SOURCE #1: marcan42 (via) Twitter
NEWS SOURCE #2: Forum Thread #501905 (via) NeoGAF

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!