ModChipCentral - 3DS

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Which Flashcart is best for 3DS XL and best place to buy?

Hi folks...

My friend has just purchased a 3DS XL with firmware - 4.1.0-8E

He's looking for a flashcart for it and asked for my advice. Not having a 3DS I'm really not sure what's best for him.

We've looked at the Acekard, Supercard DSTWO and R4i 3ds or R4i Gold 3DS...... but again not sure...

Can anyone suggest the best card to go for and if possible link to a place to buy a genuine one please, preferably in the uk such as uk-memory-cards etc.

Thank you very much...

P.S do the games carry an update or do they ask for specific firmware versions at all forcing you to connect to wifi and update etc?

Thanks

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DJHicks View Post
    Hi folks...

He's looking for a flashcart for it and asked for my advice. Not having a 3DS I'm really not sure what's best for him.

We've looked at the Acekard, Supercard DSTWO and R4i 3ds or R4i Gold 3DS...... but again not sure...

Can anyone suggest the best card to go for and if possible link to a place to buy a genuine one please, preferably in the uk such as uk-memory-cards etc.

Thank you very much...

P.S do the games carry an update or do they ask for specific firmware versions at all forcing you to connect to wifi and update etc?

Thanks
    the best is the supercard dstwo as that works with the latest firmwares and is the fastest to be fixed for new firmwares.

yes, a very few carts do contain a firmware update as they require that firmware but most games do not need the latest firmware.

worth pointing out that the supercard like all flashcards eats battery power so expect to be buying an extended battery or charging more often.

i'm not up to date on flashcards but gbatemp is a good place to look to see what works and what doesn't with each firmware.

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    ^ Yeah, I also agree, Supercard DSTwo is the best option for the 3DS.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Thumbs up r4i gold 3ds rts is one of the best flashcard

Quote Originally Posted by DJHicks View Post
    Hi folks...

Thank you very much...

Thanks
    It is said that r4i gold 3ds rts is considered to be one of the best r4 card in the world.

As main leader of r4i 3ds in the market, R4i Gold 3DS rts do best in firmware update and technical service. R4i gold 3ds card is one of the most popular R4i 3DS cards, it uses famous wood firmware, with a quicker updating as well as friendly GUI. With r4i gold rts 3ds, you can play many latest games, such as pokenmon white/black 2, harvest moon, murder on the titanic and so on. If you have noticed, you would found r4i gold rts 3ds flashcart always the first card to be bypassed the block of Nintendo console update. This is a very good card and also not so expensive, working great on the 3DS V6.1.0-12 directly. So, it is my first recommendation.

R4i Gold 3DS is the first R4i card support DSi V1.41 firmware, and also is the first R4 card works on Nintendo 3DS console, support microSD and microSDHC card up to 32GB. R4i Gold 3DS is designed by a special technical team, and always keep updating follow Nintendo DSi and 3DS firmware upgrade. R4i Gold 3DS also can work with the famous Wood R4 firmware. It only cost about $21.95 with free shipping.
    Sig spam is a bannable offence, please dont do it, we dont care abouut your chinese webstore or your fake r4 cards.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by r4-3 View Post
    it is said that r4i gold 3ds rts is considered to be one of the best r4 card in the world. R4i gold 3ds also can work with the famous wood r4 firmware. It only cost about $21.95 with free shipping.
    please note the sig of the seller above, it used to link to a chinese webstore that just happens to sell these cheap and nasty fake r4 cards, you might also not they just now brought up a thread that is from last year.

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    it mainly depend on your purpose, if your n3ds firmware stayed on V4.1.0 and play 3ds game is what you want, then the best 3ds games card was gateway 3ds. But if all you want is playing nds games or homebrew,then best choice was r4i gold 3ds. If you want play gba games, there is no doubt supercard dstwo is right for you. Dont suggested you buy ak2i, this card has been stopped update for ages. If you dont want play 3ds games, then you can buy dstwo, this is the best slot_1 card in the market ,with powerful features, if you need, here is a usa based store for you : http://www.modchipfactory.com/superc...slite-p-6.html , this is the place i got my card from, maybe you can reference.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    The supercard dstwo is the best flashcart hands down.