ModChipCentral - PS3

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Sony patents a Teddy Bear that gets sad if you don't play with him

Play with me!!

Sony Computer Entertainment has patented a teddy bear that knows if you’re with him or not, by tracking your eyes.

Sony Computer Entertainment, which is Sony’s PlayStation division, has filed a patent for a "teddy bear" that feels lonely if you don't pay attention to him.

The teddy bear knows if you’re with him by tracking your eyes. Here's what the patent says:

"When child 502 is not looking at toy 504, as illustrated in FIG. 5B, toy 504 responds by trying to induce the child to play with the toy, and eventually, after a predetermined period, by shutting down. For example, the toy may emit a verbal message (“Play with me”), or flash some lights, sound a siren, move closer to the child, etc. Thus, the behavior of the toy changes according to the gaze of the child."

The patent details several uses of their gaze tracking technology, including the teddy bear, but also more useful embodiments like a car that warns you if you take your eyes off of the road or a phone that reads out loud from where you left off if your eyes wander.

The whole thing does feel rather horrifying, though, as Sony plans to track your eyes pretty much all the time – from lighting up a watch when you stare at it, to working out if you’re watching TV in a bar.
    Well, that's surely creepy, don't you think?

NEWS SOURCE: SCE Patents Teddy Bear that gets sad if you don't play with him (via) PlaystationLifeStyle

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    looks more like the child represents the public and the creepy teddy is the entire Sony corporation to me

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    i wonder if we should start raising funds to get diztructors bear re-furred as he's bound to wear it out

speaking of which i wonder if it has touch sensors and how it would read a orgasm face?

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Watch Sony get sued by the disabled groups, for not tracking the motions of blind kid, or one born with a lazy eye, those groups play with toys also, and their parents buy 'teddy bear' for them also.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billysastard View Post
    i wonder if we should start raising funds to get diztructors bear re-furred as he's bound to wear it out

speaking of which i wonder if it has touch sensors and how it would read a orgasm face?
    I have shocking video of Diztructor with said bear!!!!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanD View Post
    I have shocking video of Diztructor with said bear!!!!
    i remembered that, its kind of what made me type what i did originally.

psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Jolly Old England, The Land of the Trolls
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    sure thing, best get raising hmmm nice to know that nintendo fanboys are thinking of me even when im not here pmsl.

ohh billy hows your anti consumer ranting going now that nintendo re release a sh1t systm but strip everything away.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diztructor View Post

ohh billy hows your anti consumer ranting going now that nintendo re release a sh1t systm but strip everything away.
    disliking it, but its not anti consumer as it is being sold like that not sold fully working then having all the stuff removed, however it's certainly one only for collectors or the terminally stupid as no sane person would buy it to play on when they could get a proper wi for the same price or less.

by the way, i saw your boss in nintendoland the other day, he's even been posting to the miiverse, looks like he's a fan (although his drawing skills leave a bit to be desired)

psn = Impaled-Gryphon