ModChipCentral - Wii

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Wii Mini comes without SD Card slot

It will be impossible to transfer saves to the Wii U

Nintendo of Canda has confirmed that the new Wii Mini don't have SD Card slot.

The new Wii Mini comes without backward compatibility with GC games, without the ability to connect to the Internet but... it comes also without SD Card slot! According to Nintendo of Canada, the new Wii Mini will lack an SD Card slot, so it will be impossible to transfer saves to the Wii U.

The price for the Wii Mini has been set to $100 and it will arrive on December 7, exclusively to Canada.

What do you think about this?

NEWS SOURCE: Wii-Mini has no sd-card slot (via) SiliconEra

Our thanks to 'Robe24' for this news item!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    This thing is an embarrassment to all Canadians.

Nintendo is stupid to waste their money on creating and promoting this garbage.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hankchill View Post
    This thing is an embarrassment to all Canadians.

Nintendo is stupid to waste their money on creating and promoting this garbage.
    Nintendo should be smart, and ship more Wii U units to canada, they got less then UK which only got 125,000

So us Canadians are stuck buying a Wii Mini which is not supported by Nintendo or developers, and hunting around used video game stores with overpriced old Wii discs with that can hardly play due to all the wear & tear from previous owners, since none of the big-box stores stock any new Wii discs, they all made room for the Wii U that Nintendo decided Canada was not a well-developed market to ship any of them to.

So sad....

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    still love the design but disliking the features more and more, with everything they have taken out this thing should cost no more that 50 and even then without sd and internet its of little more use than a vita.

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyopa View Post
    Nintendo should be smart, and ship more Wii U units to canada, they got less then UK which only got 125,000

So us Canadians are stuck buying a Wii Mini which is not supported by Nintendo or developers, and hunting around
    used video game stores with overpriced old Wii discs with that can hardly play due to all the wear & tear from previous owners, since none of the big-box stores stock any new Wii discs, they all made room for the Wii U that Nintendo decided Canada was not a well-developed market to ship any of them to.

So sad....
    uk got 50k not 125k

nintendo shipped them all, retailers sold 45k, more stocks mon / tue.

psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billysastard View Post
    still love the design but disliking the features more and more, with everything they have taken out this thing should cost no more that 50 and even then without sd and internet its of little more use than a vita.
    Yeah this is pretty much crap, collectors item only.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanD View Post
    Yeah this is pretty much crap, collectors item only.
    it just doesnt make sense, firstly it should be cheaper and secondly it should offer some kind of upgrade path to encourage a later wii u upgrade purchase.

although of course having no internet mean no need to transfer digital content but you'll loose your saves.

psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    What's the fucking point then? At least back in the days of cartridges, you could buy a new copy of the game if you run out of save slots. What's a person to do if they want more than what the game gives them? It was obscene enough that Twilight Princess allowed only 3 saves without obnoxious save file swapping, but now you can't even do that?!
    I used to fanboy consoles in my sig. Now I'm not so sure they are worth my love. Steam has done more for me than all 3 consoles combined this gen.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    lol well that is one way to stop piracy. no sd card means no smash stack, no usb means no usb loaders.
    i think its a bit to late nintendo. Only serious hackers would be able to get hacks on there by directly writing
    to the NAND Chip. NO internet is lame. there are wii games that people play online like mario kart wii.
    There is no point in buying this. Now if it was $49.99 then that's a buy. Better to buy a used wii from noobstop.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Y'know I also find it interesting that you can find a used Wii for about $50.

Why do that though when you can pay double the price for 1/10th the features!

I can imagine some poor kid who's grandmother is getting him the "new Wii" and this is what she comes home with

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast