DSGamerWorld

ModChipCentral - Others

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Kickstarter game misses goal by just $28, won't get funded

Kickstarter said they won’t bend the rules

Kickstarter project game 'Alpha Colony' missed its $50,000 goal by just $28 dollars, thus the project will not receive a penny...

It looks like, over the weekend, a Kickstarter for the game "Alpha Colony" missed its goal of $50,000 by a mere $28. Twenty-eight dollars!

Dev 'DreamQuest Games' of course, is "very disappointed", as the project won't get funded, and Kickstarter won’t bend the rules just for this rare case.

Writing on the developer's Facebook page, the studio thanked fans, but lamented the shortcoming...

"Thank you all for your support, but I am afraid that we came up $28 short," reads a line from the statement.

"Kickstarter is very strict about their terms and our project will not be funded. Obviously, we are very disappointed. We have invested 10 months and over $60,000 of our own money into this project. It is so frustrating to come so close, but clearly there simply isn't that much interest in building the kind of game I envisioned."
    And this is what Kickstarter said:

"That's really, really uncommon," a Kickstarter spokesman told me in an e-mail.

"It was a tough finish, but unfortunately we wouldn't bend the rules. Of course, creators can always relaunch a project that was initially unsuccessful."
    Now, it seems that this is the second time Alpha Colony has failed to reach its Kickstarter funding
    goal!

The first time came over the summer, when the company sought $500,000, but only attracted $101,472. The statement from DreamQuest Games teased the project may return to some day, but for now must "accept the reality of where we are at the moment and what the world wants."
    So, third time's the charm?

Alpha Colony was to be a family-friendly exploration, building, and trading simulation game for PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Android.

NEWS SOURCE #1: Kickstarter game misses goal by 28 (via) GameSpot
    NEWS SOURCE #2: Kickstarter won't bend the rules for project that missed its goal by 28 (via) Kotaku

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Well...The problem is that that "everyone" needs a kickstarter....There is too damn many games that need donations, so many are bound to fail. The number is increasing, so it will be even harder to get a game funded.
    It worked for the first ones when there was only a few, 1000 games sure need hellowa much donations.

How much money did they actually need?
    First try 500.000, then down to only 50.000...

Kickstarter will fail and maybe die if they arent decreasing number of games. Its a thing that lasts as long as money pyramid.
    The first ones is the winners, and most else is "losers."
    Last edited by Battlefield; 12-03-2012 at 03:28 PM.
    Anyone played Dankey Kang? The game with that blue high speed thing?.
    ---
    Q: How can PS4 be superior to Xbone?
    900p vs 1080p + same textures. Similar hardware.
    I think MS was maybe right with that comparison, so its wrong to flame Xbone.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    I don't understand, why they could not just throw in the $28 themselves, be online during the last 2 to 3 hours, watching it, know they are that close, and just have girlfriend or other signup and pledge!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyopa View Post
    I don't understand, why they could not just throw in the $28 themselves, be online during the last 2 to 3 hours, watching it, know they are that close, and just have girlfriend or other signup and pledge!
    I was thinking the same thing. $28 i snot hard to get.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyopa View Post
    yah, that crossed my mind.

$28 is a drop in the bucket if you've raised 50k.... esp if it means your project sinks or swims.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    I dont think they followed the donations at all, because they expected it to succeed.

28$...Thats their own fault. Their ex-lesbian, uncle Harry or their transvestite aunt should have transfered 30$ to be sure.
    Anyone played Dankey Kang? The game with that blue high speed thing?.
    ---
    Q: How can PS4 be superior to Xbone?
    900p vs 1080p + same textures. Similar hardware.
    I think MS was maybe right with that comparison, so its wrong to flame Xbone.