ModChipFactory

R4Depot

ModChipCentral - Others

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation McAfee hasn't been captured

He's wanted for murder in Belize.

After being charged for murder, the McAfee Security founder said he's now out of Belize, eluding the country investigators..

Earlier last month, media reported that the antivirus pioneer John McAfee was named by Belizean authorities as a “person of interest” in the murder of another American expatriate also living in there.

Now, it looks like he eluded the police somehow, and he is now out of the country.

After rumors of his arrest on his own website over the weekend, McAfee now reports that he is “safe" and outside of Belize for the moment, but he plans on returning.

“I apologize for the silence, and misdirection,” he wrote on his own blog on Monday morning.

“I am currently safe and in the company of two intrepid journalist [sic] from Vice Magazine, and, of course, Sam,” using the name of his 20-year-old female companion.
    However, as many reporters who have tried to follow this story and all the weirdness that preceded it, it’s somewhat hard to know how much of McAfee's story is true...

“We are not in Belize, but not quite out of the woods yet. I will do a more detailed posting later today if all goes well,” McAfee continued. “My ‘double,’ carrying on a North Korean passport under my name, was in fact detained in Mexico for pre-planned misbehavior, but due to indifference on the part of authorities was evicted from the jail and was unable to serve his intended purpose in our exit plan. He is now safely out of Mexico.”
    You can read his full blog post HERE.

As you may know, since leaving the well-known security firm that he helped to create, McAfee, 67, has been on a strange odyssey of adventurism, entrepreneurialism and pranks that may verge on hucksterism.

NEWS SOURCE #1: McAfee security founder says he's now out of Belize eluding investigators (via) ArsTechnica
    NEWS SOURCE #2: McAfee was not captured (via) SlashDot

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    No captured for what?.