ModChipFactory

R4Depot

ModChipCentral - Others

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Buy every SNES Game (US, Canada, Mexico) for $25,000

721 SNES titles.

byuu (BSNES) is selling on eBay every SNES game released in US, Mexico, and Canada for $24,999. He is willing to take the best offer, but has declined all thus far.

That's right, byuu (from SNES emulator fame) is selling on eBay an awesome collection that includes all 721 SNES titles released in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. The asking price is $25,000 or best offer.

Apparently, forty-nine offers have been made thus far, including 13 on Monday. All have been rejected...

I am currently selling my US SNES collection. It comprises all 721 retail SNES games released in the US, Mexico and Canada; boxes for every single game; and 85% of all manuals. It does not include NFR and unlicensed games (MBR/SR, DKCC, SFSW, and SNA3D.) It was built up from individual sales, so conditions range from near mint to fair. I took pains to spend more on better conditions for the more prized pieces of the collection.

Every single game has been profesionally cleaned and tested. They all work perfectly.

I built this set to obtain scans and clean verified dumps for every game, which I have now finished. The scans are appearing on snescentral.com, and the improved emulation will appear in the next higan/bsnes release. I will be using 100% of the profits from this sale to do the same for the European and Japanese sets next.

This set represents three years of effort. From scouring every used game store in my home state, to bartering purchases from dozens of vendors online, to enlisting the help of everyone willing to search around their areas to find things for me, to donations of items that are impossible to find for sale anywhere, to hundreds upon hundreds of hours cleaning and polishing everything. I've never seen a set this complete before, and it's unlikely another one will ever surface.

I am asking $24,999 or best offer for everything. The most expensive dozen games alone are worth half of the asking price. For a reseller, this is an easy profit of $10,000 or more. For the collector who likes to play their games, this set represents the best price point. Not insanely expensive for VGA graded material, yet still clean enough for display.

I would prefer, if at all possible, to sell outside of eBay. Their fees would take 10% of the sale price, which would hurt efforts to obtain more games to scan and dump.

If you are interested in making an offer, please e-mail me at setsunakun0 at hotmail.com

Also, if you could please spread the word about this sale, I would really appreciate it. Thank you!
    You can find a list of all of the games that are available on the eBay listing, including a rating of every game based on its condition.

You can find more pics from the collection HERE.

NEWS SOURCE #1: ByUU (via) Official Site
    NEWS SOURCE #2: Collector selling every SNES game for 25000 (via) GameSpot

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    hmmm buy a load of snes games for $25k or a (halo) warthog for $28k? https://twitter.com/peterbcooper/sta...65966796238848

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billysastard View Post
    hmmm buy a load of snes games for $25k or a (halo) warthog for $28k? https://twitter.com/peterbcooper/sta...65966796238848
    Decisions, decisions. Man...if I had the cash I'd jump on both of those.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billysastard View Post
    Actually he says he would probably take 20K if some one offered it, off of Ebay of course because they take like 10% or something.

He was posting all over the comments section on Slashdot about it.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanD View Post
    Actually he says he would probably take 20K if some one offered it, off of Ebay of course because they take like 10% or something.

He was posting all over the comments section on Slashdot about it.
    kind of the same with the warthog, he's wanting about 17k for it but i converted it to $ for easier comparison.

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    the price tag is ridiculous. If you do the math each game is about 33 USD a piece. Looking at the auction pics you can see that most of the games look to be standard North American titles. You can get most of these games CIB for 10 dollars or less on sites like racketboy.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Polydrone View Post
    the price tag is ridiculous. If you do the math each game is about 33 USD a piece. Looking at the auction pics you can see that most of the games look to be standard North American titles. You can get most of these games CIB for 10 dollars or less on sites like racketboy.
    Yeah, but in this case your math is not really applicable. Right from the description:

The most expensive dozen games alone are worth half of the asking price.
    This is a complete collection, so it also includes very rare and expensive collector's items that drive up the AVERAGE price per game.
    Last edited by [ACF]Umax; 12-12-2012 at 02:37 AM.