ModChipFactory

R4Depot

ModChipCentral - Others

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Newtown gunman's classmates say he enjoyed violent video games

Video Games get the blame again...

That's right, VG's are blamed again as some of the classmates of the gunman in the horrible Newtown school massacre recall a silent teen who enjoyed computers and 'violent' video games.

As expected, Video Games are getting the blame again in the case of the horrible Newtown school shooting, which happened a few days ago.

Now, according to High school classmates of gunman Adam Lanza, he was an awkward kid who wore the same clothes to school every day, liked computers and other gadgets, and seemed to enjoy playing a 'violent video game' (related to Counter-Strike), choosing a military-style assault rifle as one of his weapons...

In high school, Lanza would walk through the hallways, awkwardly pressing himself against the wall while wearing the same green shirt and khaki pants every day. He hardly ever talked to his classmates.

"As long as I knew him, he never really spoke," said Daniel Frost, who took a computer class with Lanza and remembered his skill with electronics. Lanza could take apart and reassemble a computer in a matter of minutes

Lanza seemed to spend most of his time in the basement of the home he shared with his mother, who kept a collection of guns there, said Russell Ford, a friend of Nancy Lanza's who had done chimney and pipe work on the house.

Nancy Lanza was often seen around town and regularly met friends at a local restaurant. But her 20-year-old son was seldom spotted around town, Ford and other townspeople said.

The basement of the Lanza home had a computer, flat-screen TV, couches and an elaborate setup for video games. Nancy Lanza kept her guns in what appeared to be a secure case in another part of the basement, said Ford, who often met her and other friends at a regular Tuesday gathering at My Place, a local restaurant.

[...]

Back in high school, Frost recalled, someone brought in a video game called "Counter-Strike," a shooting video game in which players compete against each other as either terrorists or counter-terrorists.

Lanza "seemed pretty interested in the game," Frost said, and would play it with other students. He remembers the weapons Lanza chose: an M4 military-style assault rifle and a Glock handgun.

Authorities said Lanza used a military-style assault rifle and carried handguns during the rampage at the school. They still have no clear reason why Lanza would lash out at defenceless first-graders and their caretakers.
    There you have it. As you may know, even the NRA blamed video games, music and videos for exposing children to violence. And, it looks like the same pattern will continue for the following days/weeks.

What do you think?

NEWS SOURCE: Details emerge about Newtown gunman mother week after Connecticut (via) EdmontonJournal

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Usual story. There is alawys a matter to justify an act so horrible. The true explanation and that there is no motivation to madness.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    As per the norm people always come up with these elaberate stories. Weeks after the act has been done. How well he remembered the exact weapns though. To bad he couldn't remember the guys actions were becomming more erradict towards the end. That might have been helpful.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    strange its videogames when the gunman who shot those firemen the other day used the same weapon but looked like he barely knew how to turn on a lightswitch surely its time to suspect a different reason, like the easy availability of auto / semi auto weapons and the lack of free mental health care.

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    It's things like this that feed the "American Idiot" stereotype, maybe it was video games, movies, music or books all of which have been excuses in recent years, but without the guns they would have likely been non events. I guess so long as the US decide that they can't change the early amendments in the same way they insist other countries do, gun related death is still going to ride high with everyone and everything else being blamed for it. As much as I loathe Peirs Morgan, if an idiot like him can see the truth and speaking it gets a petition to the white house to get him deported, kind of shows how much denial there is, not to mention it also proves the people signing it show their hypocrisy in their desire to deny the 1st amendment.

If the first amendment can be worked around so you are free to only say what you are told you are allowed to say then, surely the 2nd can be worked around in the same way.
    Last edited by DEDDOA; 12-27-2012 at 04:11 AM.
    Next Gen Console - i7 4770k@4.7GHZ + H100i, Z97E-ITX/ac (bending pins on the USB 3.0 header killed my Z87I ), Sapphire Radeon R9 290X , 16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 1866@2400, Crucial m4 240GB mSATA SSD, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 64GB OCZ Agility 3 SRT cache, in a red Bitfenix Prodigy.

Re-Shelled Windows 8.1 Steam Box/XBMC HTPC - A10-7800, F2A88XN-WIFI, 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400, 120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD, in a Antec ISK110 MiniITX.