DSGamerWorld

ModChipCentral - PS3

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Sony cuts ties with PS All-Stars developers

Studio not closing, but entering its 'next chapter.'

Sony has cut ties with SuperBot Entertainment, just days after the development studio laid off a number of its staff.

It looks like Sony has ended its working agreement with PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale creators SuperBot Entertainment.

However, seems that the studio won't close (for now):

“Sony Computer Entertainment can confirm that the working agreement with developer SuperBot Entertainment has amicably ended,” a Sony representative told Kotaku. “We have had a positive working relationship with this talented studio, and wish them the best of success in their next endeavor. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale and the title’s forthcoming DLC releases will continue to be fully supported by Santa Monica Studio.”

UPDATE: In an e-mail, SuperBot's president David Yang responded to Kotaku's request for comment, saying that the company is "excited about beginning the next chapter of [their] future."

The full statement follows:

“SuperBot Entertainment can confirm that the relationship with SCEA has ended on good terms,” said Yang. “We are extremely grateful to have had the opportunity to work on with Sony on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, and are extremely proud of the work we have done.

“SuperBot Entertainment will continue working on projects that reflect our passion for games and our commitment to creating award winning titles. We are very excited about beginning the next chapter of our future and invite all of our fans and supporters to follow our journey.”
    Just a few days ago, Sony confirmed that an unknown number of SuperBot Entertainment staff were laid off, but assured that both “the studio and SCEA remain committed to supporting PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale post launch”...

NEWS SOURCE #1: Sony cuts ties with Playstation All-Stars creators studios fate in question (via) Kotaku
    NEWS SOURCE #2: Sony cuts ties with SuperBot entertainment (via) Gematsu

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Based on rumors I am hearing the game cleared less than 500K units world wide between both platforms. The Vita game from what I heard in the same rumor only managed about 50K units sold for both versions (Digital and Physical versions.)

How true this all is, I don't know, I mean the 50K units for the Vita versions sounds plausible but that leaves 450K units for the PS3 version so that's not too bad is it? Sure its not a mega hit and Sony probably spent any profits it made advertising it (One of the few Sony adverts I have seen in a while was for this game.)