DSGamerWorld

ModChipCentral - PS3

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Sony: PS Vita sales quadruple in Japan

Thanks to the recent price cut.

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan president said that the PS Vita sales have increased four-fold this week. No specific numbers yet.

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan president Hiroshi Kawano has said during a One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 presentation in Japan that PlayStation Vita sales in the country have increased around four times compared to what the system was selling before the recent price cut over there.

Two weeks ago, the PS Vita was selling around 11,000 units, so that could mean sales will be as high as 44,000 this week.

As you may know, Sony dropped the PlayStation Vita’s price in Japan to 19,980 yen on February 28. Both the 3G and Wi-Fi models were discounted to the same price. The company has already said that we shouldn't expect a similar price drop in North America soon, though.

Stay tuned for this week's Japanese charts on Wednesday, in order to know the specific sales figures for the handheld.

NEWS SOURCE #1: Sony Japan president PS Vita sales have increased four-fold (via) Gematsu
    NEWS SOURCE #2: Sony says PS Vita sales are up four-fold (via) GamingEverything

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    so they sold 4 then eh?
    Next Gen Console - i7 4770k@4.7GHZ + H100i, Z87E-ITX, Sapphire Radeon R9 290X , 16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 1866@2400, Crucial m4 240GB mSATA SSD, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 64GB OCZ Agility 3 SRT cache, in a red Bitfenix Prodigy.

Re-Shelled Windows Steam Box/XBMC HTPC (Stream Box would be more accurate) - A8-6500, F2A88XN-WIFI, 4GB Crucial Tactical Tracer 1600, 120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD, in a Thermaltake Element Q mini-ITX.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    at £139 for either version i'm barely surprised that its selling better but four times fuckall is still not a lot and before sony celebrate too much maybe we should wait a few weeks until the sales spike is over so we get to see if it will spread its wings and fly like the ds or crash back to earth like a stone.

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDDOA View Post
    so they sold 4 then eh?
    Obviously from the pics there are 4 of 'em.

From left to right: nerd, nerd, nerd & nerd.

But I aint gonna whinge coz I got a vita already. what we really need is cut down on game prices. Its silly they priced vita games similar to ps3 prices. but s0nny like to buttfuk gaijins.

Jolly Old England, The Land of the Trolls
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billysastard View Post
    at £139 for either version i'm barely surprised that its selling better but four times fuckall is still not a lot and before sony celebrate too much maybe we should wait a few weeks until the sales spike is over so we get to see if it will spread its wings and fly like the ds or crash back to earth like a stone.
    crash back to earth?? because its not off to a sh1t hot start like nintendo, what you constantly fail to notice is unlike nintendo, sony and ms consoles are not a race.

you find how sales go up and down, but you find its a game that makes the system sell better, give a little longer and youll see the vita keep going.

unlike nintendo, new system released, old one crashes back to earth as you put it, yet hmm sony systems keep going.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    So they lowered the price of the console and sold more, I'm not surprised at all, in fact had they not increased to at least some degree I'd be shocked. I just wonder if it will last.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocuddle View Post
    But I aint gonna whinge coz I got a vita already. what we really need is cut down on game prices. Its silly they priced vita games similar to ps3 prices. but s0nny like to buttfuk gaijins.
    Personally I think they should lower the price of memory cards, I just got one as a gift and the 4GB card is bad if you buy DD or PS+.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Nocuddle
    But I aint gonna whinge coz I got a vita already. what we really need is cut down on game prices. Its silly they priced vita games similar to ps3 prices. but s0nny like to buttfuk gaijins. .
    this guy even know that sony arent the ones that set the rrp on video games right....

so do we blame sony for ubisoft charging £29.99 for a vita game??? erm no, i think you need to blame taxes etc for high game prices, end of the day stores need to make money and if youve not noticed, stores such as game and hmv find it hard to make any profit on games/movies/music due to the taxing government.

i mean what is it in uk 20% VAT, how does charging 20% add any extra value to your purchase other than its not its just an ar5e rap1ng stealth tax.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diztructor View Post
    this guy even know that sony arent the ones that set the rrp on video games right....

so do we blame sony for ubisoft charging £29.99 for a vita game??? erm no, i think you need to blame taxes etc for high game prices, end of the day stores need to make money and if youve not noticed, stores such as game and hmv find it hard to make any profit on games/movies/music due to the taxing government.

i mean what is it in uk 20% VAT, how does charging 20% add any extra value to your purchase other than its not its just an ar5e rap1ng stealth tax.
    im not from UK so i hav no clue abt there but seems u kno everything.

ok dizzy, tell me how much s0nny sells the new Tomb Raider game to UK store then? or better yet, tell me the price of Metal Gear Rising CE (comes with figure) coz i got one but not from UK retail. from supplier to retail, exclude taxes, no middleman. get back to me ASAP pls. then i will tell u if s0nny or retail is the one ripping u.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocuddle View Post
    im not from UK so i hav no clue abt there but seems u kno everything.

ok dizzy, tell me how much s0nny sells the new Tomb Raider game to UK store then? or better yet, tell me the price of Metal Gear Rising CE (comes with figure) coz i got one but not from UK retail. from supplier to retail, exclude taxes, no middleman. get back to me ASAP pls. then i will tell u if s0nny or retail is the one ripping u.
    dont know, ive not bought tomb raider yet, and will never buy MGS spin off dogshite of a game.

again tho, sony are not the ones selling the game are they, its not sony that set its price how do you not understand that

do you for example actually think it costs game stores £49.99 to buy a game