ModChipCentral - Forums

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Apple iWatch to be released this year

And to run with iOS

According to recent reports, Apple is now testing prototypes of a yet un-announced iWatch that is intended to be released at the end of the year

The iWatch rumoresphere is getting warme as recent reports are talking about the device to be released sometime this year, as soon as Apple got ride of the problems with the battery life. Furthermore, the iWatch is going to run a custom iOS version instead of a closed one such as the iPod Nano has.

According to TechCrunch

Apple’s iWatch will run full-flavored iOS, according to a new report, and the company is indeed targeting an end-of-year launch, but will first have to tackle battery life issues. According to sources speaking to The Verge, Apple’s prototype watch hardware is currently getting only a couple of days out of its battery, and the company is targeting at least four to five (around what the Pebble gets) before ramping up for a public release.
    So we have to wait and see what happens in the next months.

NEWS SOURCE: Apple iWatch will reportedly run iOS still has to overcome battery issues before launch (via) TechCrunch

Our thanks to 'Kaos2K' for this news item!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    that's why they changed the nano, who would want something like this when the last nano was used like it.
    Next Gen Console - i7 4770k@4.7GHZ + H100i, ASRock Z87E-ITX, Sapphire Radeon R9 290X , 16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 1866@2400, Crucial m4 256GB mSATA SSD, 1GB WD Caviar Black, 64GB OCZ Agility 3 SRT cache. All in a red Bitfenix Prodigy.

Better than XB1 or PS4 gaming PC for the same price as an XB1, should be pretty decent once Mantle starts to be more prominent in newer titles http://www.ebuyer.com/lists/list/307569 (updated 18/02/2014).

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Sony Ericsson did release a watch like this years ago, but it never took off.
    I think Sony had watches with color TV over 20 years ago, but i dont know if it came to market.

I bet this one will sell better, because there is so many iSheep's out there.
    The Video Game industry the last decade explained. Blame gamers, and not developers.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxhs-GLE29Q
    --
    Some of my consoles: Galaxy Note 3, 2 Gaming PC's, Wii U (384.GB), VITA (32.GB), PS3 Slim (750.GB) , PS3 old (250.GB), Xbox 360 Slim (320.GB), Xbox 360 old (120.GB)

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    or you could just buy a watch phone right now, even a dual sim one, and get an sd card slot and standard usb connector all for about the price apple would charge for their empty box.

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billysastard View Post
    or you could just buy a watch phone right now, even a dual sim one, and get an sd card slot and standard usb connector all for about the price apple would charge for their empty box.
    Actually thats true. Sheeps will pay twice the price only because its Apple.
    This one will be locked, and bet it doesent even have a SD slot.

Personally i would buy a cheaper and better watch, which is less limited. I dont think will get a watch like this anytime soon as i think its probably fun for 15 mins, and gets annoying because of its small screen.

It works well as a clock and USB storage device mostly.
    The Video Game industry the last decade explained. Blame gamers, and not developers.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxhs-GLE29Q
    --
    Some of my consoles: Galaxy Note 3, 2 Gaming PC's, Wii U (384.GB), VITA (32.GB), PS3 Slim (750.GB) , PS3 old (250.GB), Xbox 360 Slim (320.GB), Xbox 360 old (120.GB)

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    I bet it will be an just a add-on accessory, you need a 'iPhone 6' to make full usage of the device!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlefield View Post
    Actually thats true. Sheeps will pay twice the price only because its Apple.
    This one will be locked, and bet it doesent even have a SD slot.

Personally i would buy a cheaper and better watch, which is less limited. I dont think will get a watch like this anytime soon as i think its probably fun for 15 mins, and gets annoying because of its small screen.

It works well as a clock and USB storage device mostly.
    i've had one for a number of years, works fine as an mp3 player over bluetooth and its great in summer as it saves having to stuff a phone in my pocket.

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon