ModChipCentral - PS3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation You can only save 4,000 songs on your PS Vita memory card

Plus a misleading description.

From Kotaku: 'At least one gamer is pissed at Sony for a small, but misleading Vita description' (and yes, another weird restriction on the handheld).

In addition to the 100 Apps limit on the PS Vita, there's another small -but weird- restriction on the handheld.

As spotted by a Kotaku reader, it looks like you can only store 4,000 songs to play offline on your Vita memory card.

Now, here's the issue: the product description on the Vita's 32 GB memory card isn't entirely accurate...

From the article:

According to the box, the card can hold over 9,000 songs:

But as Lewis points out, the Vita stopped him at 4,000 songs:

"Naturally, I contacted Sony customer support," Lewis said. "Talking to two different representatives, I was first told there was no limit, then when I was proven right they told me to buy another memory stick for the rest of the music. No help, no reason why there is this arbitrary limitation."

Sony's website confirms the restriction. You can only save 4,000 songs to use offline on your machine.

While it's true that technically the memory card could hold 32 gigabytes worth of music, this is a propriety piece of hardware—in other words, you can only use it on the Vita. So why does the memory card's product description say that you can save up to 9,136 songs? This might not be a huge deal to most customers, but for people like Lewis, who bought two memory cards just for this purpose, it's no small problem.
    What do you think about that?

NEWS SOURCE: At least one gamer is pissed at Sony for a small but misleading Vita description (via) Kotaku

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Why would you listen to music on the vita anyways? The sound quality is decent, but the volume is poor. I have to use a headphone amp to get it as loud as my iPod touch. A cheap $30 MP3 player would sound better.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    AHHHAHAHA more LOL out of vita. freakin surprise another easter egg!

but yeah i agree with u, i wouldnt listen music from it (well i do sumtime, just coz it has BT connection). sh!t quality audio & too weak, compared to my iRiver S100 which plays FLAC. fuk mp3 & other compressed format devices.

Jolly Old England, The Land of the Trolls
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    4,000 songs, who buys a vita to be a portable music player, but saying that is this accurate, i mean is this a pure 32GB card with nothing else on, has the card got other data on it preventing more from been added.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diztructor View Post
    4,000 songs, who buys a vita to be a portable music player, but saying that is this accurate, i mean is this a pure 32GB card with nothing else on, has the card got other data on it preventing more from been added.
    nothing to do with why someone would do that but directly related to sony lying on their advertising.

if you read the source you'll see he bought 2 32gb cards, one for his gaming and the other for his music.

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billysastard View Post
    nothing to do with why someone would do that but directly related to sony lying on their advertising.

if you read the source you'll see he bought 2 32gb cards, one for his gaming and the other for his music.
    but seen the *, based on songs that are average 3.5MB, maybe he has songs that are larger than this.

but i dont get why you'd buy 2x32GB cards when to be honest 32GB is more than enough, i have a 16GB, ive converted some BD movies, got some DLC and purchased some games off PSN, Demos and Music.

But nothing like 4,000 songs, that would be pointless, i have a mp3 player thats more portable than the vita for listening to music.

its not exactly lying, as such youd say nintendo wasnt lying in their wii u advert giving the assumption that you could play all games on its iFAD screen whilst others watch TV... certinately isnt the case hence nintendo been forced to remove the advert, because not all games support the feature.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    but seen the *, based on songs that are average 3.5MB, maybe he has songs that are larger than this.

but i dont get why you'd buy 2x32GB cards when to be honest 32GB is more than enough, i have a 16GB, ive converted some BD movies, got some DLC and purchased some games off PSN, Demos and Music.

But nothing like 4,000 songs, that would be pointless, i have a mp3 player thats more portable than the vita for listening to music.

its not exactly lying, as such youd say nintendo wasnt lying in their wii u advert giving the assumption that you could play all games on its iFAD screen whilst others watch TV... certinately isnt the case hence nintendo been forced to remove the advert, because not all games support the feature.
    well lets ignore you usual WRONG anti nintendo crap at the end of your post and stay on topic.

yes, there is a star as it is based on the file sizes but the fact is that makes no difference, you are restricted to 4000 songs no matter their size nowhere near the claimed 9000+ the restriction is on the vita itself but as the cards can only be used on the vita then claiming 9k+ songs is an outright lie when they know its a 4k max limit they themselves created.

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billysastard View Post
    well lets ignore you usual WRONG anti nintendo crap at the end of your post and stay on topic.

yes, there is a star as it is based on the file sizes but the fact is that makes no difference, you are restricted to 4000 songs no matter their size nowhere near the claimed 9000+ the restriction is on the vita itself but as the cards can only be used on the vita then claiming 9k+ songs is an outright lie when they know its a 4k max limit they themselves created.
    maybe this is covered in the manual or something, but i guess the mistake was basing the data capacity is capable of holding this much data, its the vita that's limited.

ohh btw the off topic thing isn't wrong its FACT, maybe you don't want to believe it as i only mentioned it because its a similar thing, sony have lied but so do nintendo pmsfl.

A complaint came in that the ad was misleading in that it implies this feature is included in all games, when if fact it's up to third-party developers to implement this and not a universal feature available in all software.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...i-u-ad-removed
    above is just to p1ss on your WRONG statement because nintendo made the feature sound like the console you could play a game like this, and if someone wants to watch tv you can switch... but you cant, the feature has to be added, the feature is not included as they made it sound.
    Last edited by Retroboy; 03-05-2013 at 09:15 AM.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    ohh btw the off topic thing isn't wrong its FACT, maybe you don't want to believe it as i only mentioned it because its a similar thing, sony have lied but so do nintendo pmsfl.
    I do wonder how often you have to change and wash your clothes as you're forever pissing yourself from laughing at your own comments. I bet your mother gets really bored with having to do it so often.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    its probly a gui restriction. It may even be a file-system restriction. I dont find it hard to just allow as many songs as a user wants till the card is full.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast