DSGamerWorld


ModChipCentral - 360

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Tropical Island
    Posts
    18,872
    Total Thanks Given
    253
    Total Thanks Received
    1,128
    Total Thanked Posts
    680

    Exclamation The first Xbox One game has been dumped

    COD: Ghosts by c4eva

    The amazing c4eva has already dumped the first Xbox One game.


    C4eva has just confirmed that the first Xbox One game has been successfully dumped: Call of Duty: Ghosts.

    He hasn't revealed any details about how he dumped the game so we can expect more info about this soon.

    First xbone disc dump completed! Ghosts 47Gb! XG4 cometh!

    XG4=XboxGamedisc4 Bluray Disc Type Identifier from PIC (Permanent Information and Control data zone) on the disc!

    CoD Ghosts psn layer 0 start/end: 0x 00100000/00ad7f1e (00ad7f1e-00100000) 1=9d7f1f sectors *0800=4ebf8f800 (21,138,831,360 bytes)

    CoD Ghosts psn layer 1 start/end: 0x 015280e0/01effffe (01effffe-015280e0) 1=9d7f1f sectors same as layer 0 *0800=4ebf8f800 (21,138,831,360 bytes)

    = Total Disc 42,277,662,720 bytes

    The disc is made up of one metadata folder with some pics and one package1.xvc file of 41,285,020 KB length

    Yes!
    We still in for long wait before we might be able to play these kind of backups on our Xbox One consoles, but it's definitely a good start to see c4eva has already dumped a game a week before the XB1 even is available for sale in stores.

    NEWS SOURCE: c4eva dump copia primer juego Xbox One (via) Dekazeta

    Our thanks to 'Robe24' for this news item!

  2. #2
    Artlover's Avatar
    Artlover is offline Bad Ass Mother 4000, Twice as Fast as your Ass!
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Miami, Fl, USA
    Posts
    1,111
    Total Thanks Given
    848
    Total Thanks Received
    412
    Total Thanked Posts
    261
    The disc is made up of one metadata folder with some pics and one package1.xvc file of 41,285,020 KB length
    No wonder everything needs to be installed to HDD for a decent play experience. Wrapping everything up into a single file archive is just dumb from a file access point of view. Unless it's using hard absolute direct access disc sector indexes, you've have to seek across the file to get to the data you want. That's fine for a small file full of icons or something, no so much when it's a 41 gig file full of game resources. Isn't BR slow enough as it is without this kind of file layout?
    My Consoles: Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, Jaguar; Coleco Telstar Alpha, Telstar Ranger, Colecovision; Mattel Intellivision; Microsoft Xbox, Xbox360; Nintendo NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii; Sega Genesis w/cd, Saturn, Dreamcast; Sony PSX, PS2.


    See my Homemade Gamecube Case

    See my Homemade Xbox360 Gamepad PC Receiver
    GTA V Online: It's a steaming pile of dicks!

    Amy Rose has grown up to be a hot little hedgehog! I'd do her!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    West Yorks, UK
    Posts
    12,790
    Total Thanks Given
    613
    Total Thanks Received
    755
    Total Thanked Posts
    477
    Quote Originally Posted by Artlover View Post
    No wonder everything needs to be installed to HDD for a decent play experience. Wrapping everything up into a single file archive is just dumb from a file access point of view. Unless it's using hard absolute direct access disc sector indexes, you've have to seek across the file to get to the data you want. That's fine for a small file full of icons or something, no so much when it's a 41 gig file full of game resources. Isn't BR slow enough as it is without this kind of file layout?
    seems this might be a throwback to the "treat everything as digital" system they had planned, odd the ps4 uses the same system on its discs too isn't it?


    Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

    Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,933
    Total Thanks Given
    37
    Total Thanks Received
    288
    Total Thanked Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by Artlover View Post
    No wonder everything needs to be installed to HDD for a decent play experience. Wrapping everything up into a single file archive is just dumb from a file access point of view. Unless it's using hard absolute direct access disc sector indexes, you've have to seek across the file to get to the data you want. That's fine for a small file full of icons or something, no so much when it's a 41 gig file full of game resources. Isn't BR slow enough as it is without this kind of file layout?
    It depends, games have had archives since the 80s (I think part of Sonic 1s ROM was only cracked a few years back), it's a question of whether the archive format was designed with random access in mind (which is what's important).

    It's like comparing Tar to RAR.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Tropical Island
    Posts
    18,872
    Total Thanks Given
    253
    Total Thanks Received
    1,128
    Total Thanked Posts
    680
    Quote Originally Posted by Artlover View Post
    No wonder everything needs to be installed to HDD for a decent play experience. Wrapping everything up into a single file archive is just dumb from a file access point of view. Unless it's using hard absolute direct access disc sector indexes, you've have to seek across the file to get to the data you want. That's fine for a small file full of icons or something, no so much when it's a 41 gig file full of game resources. Isn't BR slow enough as it is without this kind of file layout?
    Yep, you have to install, as it is just a PKG file.

    Quote Originally Posted by billysastard View Post
    seems this might be a throwback to the "treat everything as digital" system they had planned, odd the ps4 uses the same system on its discs too isn't it?
    Yep, both systems use the same setup.

    It means both companies are planning to do digital in the future, this is just the FIRST step, make discs basically the same as digital version, makes managment on the OS easier as you only have to support one file system, the incoming digital package, just the disc is another pipe, think of the disc as high-speed ethernet pipeline, that is all.

    Plus as publisher it makes it easier, you can package your new game in one step, no serperate generate a file iso, and no more caring about file layout, or adding dummy files, or testing your streaming from different parts of the dsic, as really there is no dsic anymore, you know 100% for sure all your files will be on the HDD, so no more issues like on 360 with two discs, one being installed, and if both get installed your streaming optimzing fucks up big time like GTA5 had, where the digital PSN version was horrible compare to the disc version.

    And thirdly of course makes control of discs like license, blocking used, issuing demo versions, or hiding that on-disc DLC so fucking much better, no more what the **** that Lotus car that costs an extra 70 euros on Forza 5 as DLC is really on my game disc I just bought!

  6. #6
    Artlover's Avatar
    Artlover is offline Bad Ass Mother 4000, Twice as Fast as your Ass!
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Miami, Fl, USA
    Posts
    1,111
    Total Thanks Given
    848
    Total Thanks Received
    412
    Total Thanked Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by tech3475 View Post
    It depends, games have had archives since the 80s (I think part of Sonic 1s ROM was only cracked a few years back), it's a question of whether the archive format was designed with random access in mind (which is what's important).
    2 points:

    1) There is a difference between small files and huge files. You didn't have 41gig files back in the 80's.

    2) ROM is a completely different beast, and none of the dynamics of Floppy/HDD/Disc based media apply.

    Yeah, if the file is designed with random access in mind. But that is dependent on the media it's stored on, not the file itself. It's like, look at AVI's. They have their own index for random access, but still need to seek across the file to get to the index marker you want. Further you try to jump, the longer it takes. True random access that avoids file seeking requires storage based index pointers, not file based ones. Of course, this is actually fairly easy on optical media where you can place specific data exactly where you want during mastering.

    Quote Originally Posted by tech3475 View Post
    It's like comparing Tar to RAR.
    I think it's more like comparing SEQ to REL.
    Last edited by Artlover; 11-16-2013 at 12:14 PM.
    My Consoles: Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, Jaguar; Coleco Telstar Alpha, Telstar Ranger, Colecovision; Mattel Intellivision; Microsoft Xbox, Xbox360; Nintendo NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii; Sega Genesis w/cd, Saturn, Dreamcast; Sony PSX, PS2.


    See my Homemade Gamecube Case

    See my Homemade Xbox360 Gamepad PC Receiver
    GTA V Online: It's a steaming pile of dicks!

    Amy Rose has grown up to be a hot little hedgehog! I'd do her!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Tropical Island
    Posts
    18,872
    Total Thanks Given
    253
    Total Thanks Received
    1,128
    Total Thanked Posts
    680
    Trust me, in the new next-gen setup on both consoles of having ONE file in PKG format there is no random-access, it is just one big streaming file read from disc and unpacked onto the HDD.

    The only thing that has been done in PKG file inside there is two sections, the first must needed files to get the gaming going, and second block of can be adding onto the HDD as you play the game.

    This is done in digital version also, the header tells the system how much has to be downloaded and unpacked before it allows you to enter the game and starting shooting away, or playing the tutorial, as the rest of the data (the second block inside the pkg file) get streamed off the disc or via your ethernet port to be unpacked and placed on your HDD.

    On the PS4 there is second processor with its bit of DDR3 memory that handles this, streaming the data from disc or ethernet port and unpacking the pkg file, and telling the main cpu when the first block is done to allow gameplay to start.

    On the XB1 then reserve one of the eight cpu cores to handle this background streaming of install data, and another core is used for kinect and other crap, leaving you with only 6 cpu cores for the actual game developer to use.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,933
    Total Thanks Given
    37
    Total Thanks Received
    288
    Total Thanked Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by garyopa View Post
    Trust me, in the new next-gen setup on both consoles of having ONE file in PKG format there is no random-access, it is just one big streaming file read from disc and unpacked onto the HDD.

    The only thing that has been done in PKG file inside there is two sections, the first must needed files to get the gaming going, and second block of can be adding onto the HDD as you play the game.

    This is done in digital version also, the header tells the system how much has to be downloaded and unpacked before it allows you to enter the game and starting shooting away, or playing the tutorial, as the rest of the data (the second block inside the pkg file) get streamed off the disc or via your ethernet port to be unpacked and placed on your HDD.

    On the PS4 there is second processor with its bit of DDR3 memory that handles this, streaming the data from disc or ethernet port and unpacking the pkg file, and telling the main cpu when the first block is done to allow gameplay to start.

    On the XB1 then reserve one of the eight cpu cores to handle this background streaming of install data, and another core is used for kinect and other crap, leaving you with only 6 cpu cores for the actual game developer to use.
    So basically we have entered the era of the **** PC then?

    With offence to anyone involved with either console if this is true, you should have thought of this shit earlier. Tar is a niche format for a reason and I only mentioned it because IT IS A ****ing JOKE THESE DAYS (look at it's flaws if you wonder why I think it's stupid)!!!!!
    Last edited by tech3475; 11-16-2013 at 12:55 PM.

  9. #9
    Artlover's Avatar
    Artlover is offline Bad Ass Mother 4000, Twice as Fast as your Ass!
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Miami, Fl, USA
    Posts
    1,111
    Total Thanks Given
    848
    Total Thanks Received
    412
    Total Thanked Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by garyopa View Post
    On the XB1 then reserve one of the eight cpu cores to handle this background streaming of install data, and another core is used for kinect and other crap, leaving you with only 6 cpu cores for the actual game developer to use.
    No wonder the XB1 doesn't look any better than the Xbox360.

    Quote Originally Posted by tech3475 View Post
    So basically we have entered the era of the **** PC then?
    You forgot "last generation" between **** and PC.
    My Consoles: Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, Jaguar; Coleco Telstar Alpha, Telstar Ranger, Colecovision; Mattel Intellivision; Microsoft Xbox, Xbox360; Nintendo NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii; Sega Genesis w/cd, Saturn, Dreamcast; Sony PSX, PS2.


    See my Homemade Gamecube Case

    See my Homemade Xbox360 Gamepad PC Receiver
    GTA V Online: It's a steaming pile of dicks!

    Amy Rose has grown up to be a hot little hedgehog! I'd do her!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,933
    Total Thanks Given
    37
    Total Thanks Received
    288
    Total Thanked Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by Artlover View Post
    You forgot "last generation" between **** and PC.
    '
    The only difference remaining now is that both consoles largely support 'free' exchange of physical media, which even the PC could support going by your past posts .

    For everything else they are **** PCs, at least on the PC I feel like I have the illusion of some sought of control or at the very least a price that allows me to justify it....the closest I've ever had on consoles was either the RARE sale or 'giveaway'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0