ModChipCentral - PS3

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    SDeath is online now Maxconsole Forum Moderator
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Easy Batch Generate/Merge COBRA ISO's Tool (Including OFW 4.55/4.60 ISO's + Swap Disc)

This tool can be used to:
    - Easily batch create game ISO's from other ISO's or rip folders, with IRD support for both.
    - Easily batch generate the Bypass ISO's and Bypass SwapDisc. That you can then burn to a BD-R disc.
    - Easily batch merge game ISO's either dumped using the COBRA Manager, or split with genps3iso.

Make sure you read all the tips and instructions and make sure you understand them.

Tips:
    - DON'T PUT ANY EBOOTS FROM GAMES OR FROM THE VAULT INTO THE SWAP FOLDER, THESE FILES ARE GENERATED FROM THE SOURCE ISO'S AND ARE NOT THE SAME AS NORMAL EBOOTS!!
    - DON'T CLOSE THE CMD WINDOW, IT STAYS BLACK BUT IS STILL RUNNING, OUTPUT IS DIVERTED TO THE TXT FILE!!
    - MAKE SURE THERE IS ENOUGH DISK SPACE FOR THE SOURCE AND ALSO THE CONVERTED ISO'S, DO THEM IN MULTIPLE BATCHES IF YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH SPACE.
    - For ISO to OFW 4.55/4.60 Bypass ISO make sure you enter the correct Game ID of the original disc you use as bootdisc in the PS3, for example: BLES01060.
    - The Full version contains all IRD and SWAP files released by the COBRA Team in the 2.2 update and the ones from my own game collection and DarkKitarist's.
    The light version contains none but if you downloaded the 2.2 bypass package from the COBRA Website they should be included so just copy them to their respective folders.
    - You will only need to burn the SWAP.ISO when the tool informs you in the end of the process, if the message doesn't appear you don't have to burn it again.
    - When merging see the screenshots below, make sure all split files for each game are in a separate folder (don't use spaces in file or folder names), the folder name will be used for the output iso.

Instructions:
    - Download my Full package (recommended) or Light package and copy it in a location on the drive with enough disk space for the source files/ISO's and the resulting ISO's.

ISO-TO-ISO
    - Download Daemon Tools Lite, and install it (use the green Download button below the table).
    - Setup Daemon tools and note down the drive letter assigned to the virtual drive.
    - Copy ISO files to the ISO folder.
    - If you want to use a IRD file to verify the ISO then make sure it has the exact same name as the ISO itself but with the ird extension and it is in the same folder as the ISO's. (the script will use IRD verification if the .ird file is found if not it will use normal ISO generation).
    - Run the Generate.exe.
    - Select option 1.
    - Enter the drive letter of Daemon tools, just the letter, i.e.: m
    - Enter y if you want to ONLY CHECK the ISO with the IRD no new ISO will be made, this is just to check possible errors with the ISO, enter n if you want to create a ISO.
    - Enter if you want to split the final ISO, for FAT32 select y for NTFS select n.
    - The tool will now convert all ISO's to new ISO's, see the txt files in the Converted folder for possible errors, if none remove them.
    DON'T CLOSE THE CMD WINDOW, IT STAYS BLACK BUT IS STILL RUNNING, OUTPUT IS DIVERTED TO THE TXT FILE!!
    - Copy the converted iso's to your HDD.

FOLDER-TO-ISO
    - Copy the source folders to the Folders directory.
    - If you want to use a IRD file to verify the game folder then make sure it has the exact same name as the folder itself but with the ird extension and it is in the same folder as the folders not in the game folder itself but in the root of the Folder directory. (the script will use IRD verification if the .ird file is found if not it will use normal ISO generation).
    - Run the Generate.exe.
    - Select option 2.
    - Enter y if you want to ONLY CHECK the ISO with the IRD no new ISO will be made, this is just to check possible errors with the ISO, enter n if you want to create a ISO.
    - Enter if you want to split the final ISO, for FAT32 select y for NTFS select n.
    - The tool will now convert all ISO's to new ISO's, see the txt files in the Converted folder for possible errors, if none remove them.
    DON'T CLOSE THE CMD WINDOW, IT STAYS BLACK BUT IS STILL RUNNING, OUTPUT IS DIVERTED TO THE TXT FILE!!

EXTRACT SWAP FILES AND CREATE SWAP DISC
    - If you downloaded the light version of this tool you need to make sure you copy the SWAP and the IRD's from the COBRA release in their respective folder in the TOOLS directory.
    - Run the Generate.exe.
    - Select option 3.
    - Select the PS3_GAMES folder on your external HDD or any other folder that will hold all your games.
    - If it's the first time you run this tool it will create the first Swap Disc for you, if new swap files are added from your games it will create a new Swap Disc and overwrite the other, the tool will let you know if you need to burn a new one. It will ask you for the game ID of the original supported bootdisc you will use, enter the correct game ID, i.e. BLES01060.
    - Follow the instructions if the tool created a new Swap Disc.
    - Run the tool again and now choose option 4, see the steps below.

ISO TO OFW 4.55/4.60 BYPASS ISO
    - Copy ISO files to the ISO folder.
    - Run the Generate.exe.
    - Select option 4.
    - If you didn't create a first Swap Disc in the previous step then the tool will quit and ask you to run again with option 3.
    - If you created Swap Disc before the tool will start converting the ISO's to 4.55/4.60 Bypass ISO's, see the txt files in the Converted folder for possible errors, if none remove them.
    - Copy the converted iso's to your HDD and remove the old ones.

MERGE ISO'S
    - Create a new subfolder (without spaces!!) in the folder SPLIT_ISO.
    - In the folder you just created cop the split iso files.
    - Run the Generate.exe.
    - Select option 5.
    - The tool will now convert all split ISO's to new full ISO's, see the txt files in the Converted folder for possible errors, if none remove them.

Know issues:
    None

Merge folder structure screenshot:

Merged games screenshot:

Instruction Video (OFW 4.55 Bypass not included but is self explanatory):
    http://youtu.be/8s7Wyv_YnjM

Changelog:
    v2.2.1 21-08-2014 (dd-mm-yyyy):
    - Changed the naming convention to the same the COBRA Team uses for the swap converted iso's.

v2.2 20-08-2014 (dd-mm-yyyy):
    - Updated to the latest version v2.2 firmware, v1.3 bypass files and genps3iso v2.5, released today by the COBRA Team.
    - Full Package includes 1574 IRD files and 7914 swap files.

v2.0 28-02-2014 (dd-mm-yyyy):
    - Updated to latest version support files released today by the COBRA Team.
    - Added support for OFW 4.55 Bypass batch ISO creation.
    - Added support to generate the OFW 4.55 Bypass SwapDisc.
    - Added support to batch merge game ISO's either dumped using the new 1.6 COBRA Manager, or split with genps3iso.
    - Added Check to see if source folders are empty.
    - Generated a exe from the script.

15-01-2014 (dd-mm-yyyy):
    - Updated to latest version support files released today by the COBRA Team.
    - Added support for dry run genps3ISO to check rip against IRD file.
    - Several improvements.
    - Output is now redirected to a txt file that will be created for each game so you can check the status in those files in the converted folder. You can delete these after that.

17-11-2013 (dd-mm-yyyy):
    - Added folder-to-ISO support
    - waitTime removed, the script now waits until the ISO is mounted and then continues immediately.

16-11-2013 (dd-mm-yyyy):
    - Initial release ISO-to-ISO

Last edited by SDeath; 08-24-2014 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Packages updated to version v2.2.1

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to SDeath For This Useful Post:

DarkKitarist (03-03-2014), Dolle (06-19-2014), EmolyBQ (02-18-2014), Fakk28 (03-27-2014), FizzyBubblech (03-01-2014), flyingnimbus (01-09-2014), footsoldier (03-28-2014), Grant Houle (03-01-2014), Joonie86 (03-10-2014), kerengek (03-20-2014), khalkedon (03-03-2014), PRAETORIAN77 (04-10-2014), shaunbonnr (04-23-2014), Sunny020 (10-17-2014)

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    You are good man. I was going to request a tutorial on how to make smooth runing 1:1 original iso.
    I spent 2 hours last night trying to figure out how to ird check iso without success.
    Btw cobra-ode.Com took off v2.3 and mcu 1.7. All you can get is the GenPS3iso v2.1

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivier Et Erica View Post
    You are good man. I was going to request a tutorial on how to make smooth runing 1:1 original iso.
    I spent 2 hours last night trying to figure out how to ird check iso without success.
    Btw cobra-ode.Com took off v2.3 and mcu 1.7. All you can get is the GenPS3iso v2.1
    My tutorial is more meant for going from iso's to iso's So from non IRD to IRD or the other way around.
    IRD iso's have quite a hit on performance and will cause lack and stutter on some games.
    I use IRD to verify all files and replace the ones that fail IRD verificaition. After that you can use my script and get them all back to non IRD iso's. But not at least you are sure the files are original.
    I'm sure you can modify the script to get it to run to create iso's too, but the source will always be different and you need to make sure the folder structure is correct.
    It's easier to create them initially manually using genps3iso and IRD verification.

On the cobra-ode.com website you can now download MCU 1.8 that I have tested for the team after the initial 1.7 problems.
    And has been running fine.
    genps3iso 2.3 I have also been using for the last couple of days, but there is still 1 bug I think, see my initial post.

I wil be working on the option to batch generate from folder to iso too soon.

Hi guys I added game folder support as well to the package so you can now also use it for creating iso's from the source folders.
    It's now a complete iso batch creation package.
    waitTime removed, the script now waits until the iso is mounted and then continues immediately.

Instruction video added to the first post.

Have fun with it.
    Let me know if you run into any issues with the script itself.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Hi SDeath,
    When i'm searching an specific ird file for a game in ps3boot.com, for example a ird for this game : BLES01705-[BioShock Infinite]
    I find many result, but I don't know wich one is the good, because they got number at end that are messing me up, this is what I find :
    BLES01705.ird
    BLES01705_327.ird
    BLES01705_1074.ird
    BLES01705_1215.ird

I don't know wich one is the one that I need to download, that why I'm really confused, some help would be appreciated.
    Also, sorry for my bad English, I hope you understood

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yomen9 View Post
    Hi SDeath,
    When i'm searching an specific ird file for a game in ps3boot.com, for example a ird for this game : BLES01705-[BioShock Infinite]
    I find many result, but I don't know wich one is the good, because they got number at end that are messing me up, this is what I find :
    BLES01705.ird
    BLES01705_327.ird
    BLES01705_1074.ird
    BLES01705_1215.ird

I don't know wich one is the one that I need to download, that why I'm really confused, some help would be appreciated.
    Also, sorry for my bad English, I hope you understood
    Download them all and see if the filesize is the same if so just choose one it doesn't matter probably.
    If there are differences it's basically the same choose one and if it fails try another.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    I tried them all and genps3.iso tell me that the filesize was not okey for all the file exept one, and the one it didn't tell me that, it tell me that it was an invalid ird and something like an input error... Do you have any idear?

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yomen9 View Post
    I tried them all and genps3.iso tell me that the filesize was not okey for all the file exept one, and the one it didn't tell me that, it tell me that it was an invalid ird and something like an input error... Do you have any idear?
    And for which file did it say the size was not correct? I'm pretty sure that file is not original and needs to be replace for a original file.
    The results genps3iso gives are files inside the game that are modified and not original or missing.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Thank you SDeath

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    SDeath, How important is it to IRD verify the .ISOs?

and your script, after verify a .ISO file it generates another one without IRD?

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellgun View Post
    SDeath, How important is it to IRD verify the .ISOs?

and your script, after verify a .ISO file it generates another one without IRD?
    Well it depends how paranoid you are. Freddy is gaming online and before release dates with ird unverified iso's without a ban for months. If you want to be sure all files are there and original ird verify and then rebuild the iso without ird for max performance. Ird has it's uses to check all files are present in the rip. That's my main reason I use it.
    Best thing to do is create the iso wirh ird and after that copy the iso's from the converted filder to the iso folder and remove any ird files. Then run the script again and you are done. The iso is ird verfified but build without for best performance.

My script will generate any iso for the COBRA ODE, folder to iso, iso to iso and with or without ird. If the ird is there it will create a ird build iso if not it will create a ird unverified iso. Easy as that.
    You will have to use my script twice if you want ird verified but build without for max performance. So first with ird then without.
    PS3 Slim CECH-3004B OFW 4.55 320GB Internal HDD with COBRA ODE v5.10 FW 2.2, Browser/Manager 1.6, WD Elements 1TB
    Frankenstein:
    PS3 Fat CECHK04 OFW 4.55/CFW 4.60 Habib ODE Edition, E3 Flasher, COBRA ODE v5.30 FW 2.2, Browser/Manager 1.6, WD Elements 1TB
    PS4 CUH-1006A B1 OFW 1.75 500GB Internal HDD

What hardware do I need for my version PS3 and OFW?
    cobra.cfg Config Tool v2.2
    Easy Batch Generate/Merge COBRA ISO's Tool (Including OFW 4.55/4.60 ISO's + Swap Disc) v2.2.1
    Easy Prepare the HDD Packages v2.2.1
    Tutorial: How to use IRD files and PS3-ISO-Rebuilder
    Tutorial: How to dump a game with Cobra Manager 1.6

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast