ModChipCentral - 360

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Xbox One HDD to small for you? TX member Juvenal has come to the rescue.

Being the first mod for the Xbox one this is a pretty nice one

Juvenal has succeeded in upgrading the Xbox Harddrive from a 500GB to a 1TB

While many people were enjoying family, football, and turkey Team Xecuter member Juvenal was at work figuring out how to upgrade the harddrive in the Xbox One and his efforts have paid off.

Here is the info from Team Xecuter:

Full credits to Juvenal for this little beauty - you rock bro

As always no guarantees are given and use at your own risk !

https://github.com/juvenal1/xboxonehdd

Click Here To Download

Xbox One HDD Tools

What this does

Given any HDD over 500GB in size, you can format it for use with you Microsoft Xbox One console

How

Instructions

All of this must be done as root! I HIGHLY suggest you do this on a livecd or usb booted system if you don't 'know linux' and would rather not wipe the wrong hard drive.

• Connect your HDD and take note of what its called (ex: sda, sdb etc)
    • Run the script with the device name as the first parameter
    • It will bitch about missing partitions etc, but write a file with commands to create said missing partitions
    • Run the created script
    • Copy the correct files to the newly created partitions
    • Unmount the newly created partitions
    • Run the main script again

Putting it back together

When you put the new HDD in your console for the first time and boot up, the console will go the the green "Xbox One" screen, pause for a second or two, then shut down. Boot the console again. This time it should pause at the green screen for a while longer, then go to a black screen for even longer. It can take several minutes before anything happens after this, the xbox is automatically creating temporary files during this time. If you copied everything correctly, it WILL go to the dashboard eventually, just be patient!

What is linux?

Wait for a windows version

Required Files

These can be gotten off your original HDD easily

Team Xecuter has also stated that they are working on a Windows app for those that don't know how to use Linux.

Maybe this is a good sign for some great things to come for the Xbox One.

NEWS SOURCE: Forum Thread #141568 (via) Team-Xecuter

Our thanks to 'steveo1978' for this news item!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Sounds good but you can guarantee that will get you a lovely big banned message when you are wondering why you can't connect online and do an XBL test. I'd rather see a USB external drive used, given it's got USB 3.0 it's likely to be on a par with the usual cheapy drives that are used in consoles.
    Next Gen Console - i7 4770k@4.7GHZ + H100i, ASRock Z87E-ITX, Sapphire Radeon R9 290X , 16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 1866@2400, Crucial m4 256GB mSATA SSD, 1GB WD Caviar Black, 64GB OCZ Agility 3 SRT cache. All in a red Bitfenix Prodigy.

Better than XB1 or PS4 gaming PC for the same price as an XB1, should be pretty decent once Mantle starts to be more prominent in newer titles http://www.ebuyer.com/lists/list/307569 (updated 18/02/2014).

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Also since the XB1 dashboard has no 'storage management' feature how do you know it is seeing the whole drive?

Or even using it? -- Can you tell if you fill up the first 500gb, the auto-install,caching feature is adding more past the 500gb mark, or is it starting to wipe out the oldest data, like it is programmed to?

Alot of questions, since the drive management is automatically controlled by XB1 dash, and not the user, and no status is available!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDDOA View Post
    Sounds good but you can guarantee that will get you a lovely big banned message when you are wondering why you can't connect online and do an XBL test.
    IIRC, there was at least one 360 user that was banned soon after launch for modifying the internal fan. I wouldn't expect Microsoft to be any more merciful this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by garyopa View Post
    Also since the XB1 dashboard has no 'storage management' feature how do you know it is seeing the whole drive?
    Exactly what I was thinking. It will probably just ignore the extra storage space. But at least we now know that we can replace the HDD if necessary.
    Last edited by MrECK0; 11-29-2013 at 11:47 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrECK0 For This Useful Post:

JonathanD (11-29-2013)

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrECK0 View Post
    IIRC, there was at least one 360 user that was banned soon after launch for modifying the internal fan. I wouldn't expect Microsoft to be any more merciful this time around.
    Except there were plenty otherwise who did HDD hacks (via HDSS) and AFAIK they haven't been banned.

I think it depends on the security of the console and how much they're enforcing it. For example, the original Xbox used the serial number in addition to locking the HDD.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Smell like a bullsh*t. I am not saiying you are a liar. But I can understad if there is some hide system check to mesure hard disk dimension, but I can't belive that Xbox one can understand if you change a internal fan. Maybe there are Electric sigil, where they can understand if console was open.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenogears V View Post
    Smell like a bullsh*t. I am not saiying you are a liar. But I can understad if there is some hide system check to mesure hard disk dimension, but I can't belive that Xbox one can understand if you change a internal fan. Maybe there are Electric sigil, where they can understand if console was open.
    Don't know if it's true or not but apparently the ban occurred because the 12v hack triggered a sensor on the motherboard.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenogears V View Post
    Smell like a bullsh*t. I am not saiying you are a liar.
    http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/...16-12-2007.php

3rd article down. Xbox-Scene has always been trustworthy site. And they claim the info came from a "very trusted user". That's good enough for me.

You CAN have your console banned for having a 12v fan mod. A very trusted user of www.360patches.com got told directly from MS reps that his fan was modded on his 360 and that it violates the TOA. Any modification of hardware does indeed violate the TOA, so legally they reserve the right to ban users from live for that reason. Petty yes, but justified. A fan mod would be reasonably easy to detect, as voltage metering is something standard in all bios for the past 10 or so years.
    Last edited by MrECK0; 11-30-2013 at 12:51 PM.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/...16-12-2007.php

3rd article down. Xbox-Scene has always been trustworthy site. And they claim the info came from a "very trusted user". That's good enough for me.
    Two things to point ou0. The first being that the article does not specify how the 12volt fan mod was done. The User may have used software to mod the 360 and increase the fan speeds to 12v/100%. The second point is a hardware method was done then unless MS had a way to check to see if the increased fan speeds were cause by a defective component then I dont think they would know for sure.

I have modded a few systems and used the hardware mod way to 12v a few fans in 360s and never once got banned.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to steveo1978 For This Useful Post:

Artlover (11-30-2013)

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Back in the day the 360 12v fan mod used a 12v line from the dvd drive and that is detectable. You see not long after the 360 was released the dvd drive hack came out (originally meant for xbox) Microsoft started banning any dvd drive anomalies. they slacked off after a few people complained about mistakenly getting banned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast