ModChipFactory

R4Depot

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Xbox One Debug Mode Unlock Method

A method to unlock the debug mode on a retail Xbox One has been found.

Some proof that Microsoft's statements that 'every Xbox One can be used for development' is true and maybe will encourage indie developers

This method may not fully convert a retail console into a dev kit but it could possibly help some small developers that can not afford to purchase a full dev unit to get started on making some ideas started.

Here is the translated text from Logic-Sunrise:

Xbox One does not stop talking to her. After an announcement of a first nand dump and a software to change the hard drive of the console, this is a person wishing to remain unknown sharing this information: the method of activation Debug mode is now known! For the average user, this feature does you no good. But for devs, this can open a lot of doors. For those wishing to see the debug mode by themselves simply go to System One Xbox and press the four gates of the controller parameter (LB - RB - LT - RT) and "parameter Developer" menu will appear

To get into the dev mode a @xbox ID may be required

NEWS SOURCE: Le mode Debug de la Xbox One en images (via) Logic-Sunrise

Our thanks to 'steveo1978' for this news item!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    I'm pretty sure you will need a legitimate SDK licence to use this. Also, like the regular dev kits, I'm betting this requires a constant internet connection to use it.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrECK0 View Post
    I'm pretty sure you will need a legitimate SDK licence to use this. Also, like the regular dev kits, I'm betting this requires a constant internet connection to use it.
    Yeah that info was supposed to have been added but I kinda bombed Gary with PMs so he probably missed that one.

I added the info now

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25300408

Warning over 4Chan Xbox One prank

Xbox One owners are being warned about an internet prank message that could wreck their console.

The prank message, originated on the 4Chan website, falsely claims to enable the new console to play games made for its predecessor - the XBox 360.

The Xbox One cannot play those older games and those following the bogus advice could "brick" their console, rendering it inoperable.

Microsoft issued a warning about the prank via social media site Twitter.
    Fake advert

"To be clear there is no way to make your Xbox One backwards compatible and performing steps to attempt this could make your console inoperable," wrote Larry Hryb, director of programming for Microsoft's Xbox Live network in a tweet.

The prank originated on a forum on 4Chan - a humour and discussion site known for playing tricks and pranks on the naive and gullible.

A message posted to one of its forums adapted a series of button presses, menu choices and ID details required to turn an Xbox One into a device that can be used by developers who need to test games for the console.

This sequence was independently discovered earlier in December and shared via a YouTube video.

Unfortunately, anyone following this advice who was not an actual Xbox game developer and who did not have a real ID would put their console into an endless start-up loop. Worse, there is no way to undo the damage once the console has been "bricked".

It is not clear how many people have followed the fake advice but a message crafted to look like it was issued by Microsoft and which listed the instructions was widely shared on games forums and social media networks.

Some tech news sites excerpted messages posted to the original thread on 4Chan, which suggest several people have destroyed their console this way. In the UK the console costs about 429.

The discussion thread on 4Chan where the advice originated has now been deleted.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eXOBeX View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25300408

Warning over 4Chan Xbox One prank

Xbox One owners are being warned about an internet prank message that could wreck their console.

The prank message, originated on the 4Chan website, falsely claims to enable the new console to play games made for its predecessor - the XBox 360.

The Xbox One cannot play those older games and those following the bogus advice could "brick" their console, rendering it inoperable.
    BBC is a little slow on the 'warning' we posted about it a few days ago here:

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_for...six-easy-steps

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Not sure how to make my own thread or even if this is right place to ask, but I have a ps3, was looking to jailbreak but very very very difficult and hard to find someone to do it. My question is can jailbreak be done with Xbox as easy as the right file and usb stick? Or do you need to downgrade like the ps3?
    CHECH4002C / OFW 4.53 / 500 GIG INTERNAL HDD / ODE FW 2.1 / ODE HARDWARE 4.3A / BROWSER MANAGER 1.6 / SEAGATE 2TB EXTERNAL HDD