ModChipFactory

R4Depot

ModChipCentral - 360

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Xbox 360 system update 2.0.16547.0 released

Seems that Xk3y and LT3 are safe!

Microsoft has released a new system update for the Xbox 360, featuring some changes related to child accounts management.

Microsoft has released the new kernel update 2.0.16547.0 via Xbox LIVE.

The changelog:

'Some changes have been made to how child accounts are managed and created.'
    Right now people are reporting that Xk3y and LT3 are safe:

• The X360Key still works after the update, all games will be launched without any trouble.
    • The Flash (LT +3.0 - LTU2.0) also works perfectly, games will always be engraved with a IHAS or clone.
    But as always, and if you use any of those devices, be careful when updating!

NEWS SOURCE #1: News Article #3268 (via) EurAsia
    NEWS SOURCE #2: New Update Kernel 20165470 (via) Logic-Sunrise

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Is this the final update now that the Xbox One has been released? If so, I'll get my jtag out of storage and update it one last time.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrECK0 View Post
    Is this the final update now that the Xbox One has been released? If so, I'll get my jtag out of storage and update it one last time.
    i would think we are getting to the end of the road for updates to the 360 and ps3. but since they still have a good year or so left in them we may get one or two updates from microsoft and knowing sony, probably another half dozen then another half dozen once the ps3 ceases production.
    Add me to your Friends List
    -------------------------------
    Xbox Live = kneehighspy
    PSN / SEN= kneehighspy

** R.I.P Dad (11 / 09 / 1944 - 06 / 04 / 2011) Miss ya tons pops! **

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kneehighspy View Post
    i would think we are getting to the end of the road for updates to the 360 and ps3. but since they still have a good year or so left in them we may get one or two updates from microsoft and knowing sony, probably another half dozen then another half dozen once the ps3 ceases production.
    Yeah, probabilly a big update come out to Metal Gear Solid 5.

I have installed this update. All ok.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Hi, Thanks for the info. I have not updated my xbox for a while (still have the 2.0.16202.0), will the xbox require to be flashed again? I'm not sure which flash do I have :|
    Thanks

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    knorre you should be fine. So people advice to flash back to stock then update then flash the Custom firmware back to the drive after the update, but I have always just updated and never had an issue.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to steveo1978 For This Useful Post:

Artlover (12-26-2013)

Artlover is offline Bad Ass Mother 4000, Twice as Fast as your Ass!
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveo1978 View Post
    knorre you should be fine. So people advice to flash back to stock then update then flash the Custom firmware back to the drive after the update, but I have always just updated and never had an issue.
    Yeah. I've read that on every xbox hacking site too. But like you, I have never flashed to stock first and have never had a problem. No flags, no bans, and I've been doing it that way since 2008. I honestly think that advice is just legacy excuses from when the scene never wanted to admit the flags & bans were actually the fault of the firmwares and blame it on the end users.
    My Consoles: Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, Jaguar; Coleco Telstar Alpha, Telstar Ranger, Colecovision; Mattel Intellivision; Microsoft Xbox, Xbox360; Nintendo NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii; Sega Genesis w/cd, Saturn, Dreamcast; Sony PSX, PS2.

See my Homemade Gamecube Case

See my Homemade Xbox360 Gamepad PC Receiver
    GTA V Online: It's a steaming pile of dicks!

Amy Rose has grown up to be a hot little hedgehog! I'd do her!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Artlover View Post
    Yeah. I've read that on every xbox hacking site too. But like you, I have never flashed to stock first and have never had a problem. No flags, no bans, and I've been doing it that way since 2008. I honestly think that advice is just legacy excuses from when the scene never wanted to admit the flags & bans were actually the fault of the firmwares and blame it on the end users.
    Yeah, I myself updated without reflashing to stock either.

There is really only one time this process of flashing back to stock should had been followed that was from the switch of disc formats going to XGD3 format that squeezed more data onto the disc, the drive firmwares had to be updated by Microsoft and all the detection system changed, that update did alot of tests to see what type of drive you had, and if it was replying right, before applying the update.

The only ones that should had been flagged back then were ones that had replaced their drive model that is BenQ instead of Hitachi and it was not spoofed correctly, and even if it was spoofed some checks would had failed, so reflashing to stock would be still incorrect, even worse, only solution would be to replace the drive back with the original one during the update.

I think also alot of this 'hype' was added so that TX could sell more hardware then was needed, once they turned drive firmwares into a commercial business even tho the firmware itself was released free, it was all designed to sell hardware for reflashing, replacing boards, etc.

One of the reasons I got out of doing firmwares for the 360 scene, the behind the scene drama was very crazy.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Thanks y'all.
    I updated the xbox and it was perfectly fine

12. The Following User Says Thank You to knorre For This Useful Post:

garyopa (12-29-2013)