ModChipCentral - 360

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Xbox One sales passed 3 million in 2013

MS thanks you for an 'Epic' 2013.

Over 3 million Xbox Ones were sold to consumers in 2013, Microsoft has announced.

Microsoft has announced that it has sold more than three million Xbox One units by the end of 2013 globally.

Xbox corporate VP of marketing Yusuf Mehdi added that the system is selling at "record-setting pace" for the Xbox brand, and thanked players for their support.

Here is the firm's official announcement:

Thank You for an Epic 2013

Thanks to you, 2013 was an incredible year for gamers, entertainment fans, our industry and Xbox. With Xbox One we saw the most epic launch for Xbox by all measures. We are humbled and grateful for your loyalty and delighted by the millions of hours of gameplay and entertainment enjoyed on Xbox.

Together, we ushered in a new era of games and entertainment with Xbox One. Over 3 million Xbox One consoles were sold to consumers in 13 countries before the end of 2013. It’s been incredible to see Xbox One selling at a record-setting pace for Xbox, and we were honored to see Xbox One become the fastest-selling console in the U.S. during our launch month in November. Since our launch, demand for Xbox One has been strong, selling out throughout the holidays at most retailers worldwide. We are continuing to work hard to deliver additional consoles to retailers as fast as possible.

The reaction from our fans was mind-blowing for our team. As we see your excitement, your energy and your hours of gameplay, we continue to be inspired to do great work – for you. Whether you’re racing through the streets of Prague in “Forza Motorsport 5,” creating crazy weapons for zombie destruction in “Dead Rising 3,” exploring the Colosseum in Gladiator mode in “Ryse: Son of Rome,” helping your children create their own personal zoo in “Zoo Tycoon,” or enjoying epic multiplayer battles, we love that you’re having fun on Xbox One.

We also love that you are seeing the promise of an all-in-one entertainment system. Millions of hours of live TV have been watched and millions of hours of app entertainment have been enjoyed. We are proud to have the most passionate, engaged, and simply the best fans in the world. It was fun to share the holidays with so many of you.

We’re excited for the year ahead and will be working hard to bring Xbox One to more fans and more markets around the globe. 2014 will be a promising year with many more great games on the way for Xbox One including “Titanfall,” “Watch_Dogs,” “Project Spark,” “Sunset Overdrive,” “Tom Clancy’s The Division,” “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt,” “Destiny,” “Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare,” and “The Elder Scrolls Online,” among others. More games, more features, more content, more fun – all coming your way this year.

Thank you for making 2013 truly epic for Xbox and here’s to 2014!
    NEWS SOURCE #1: Xbox One January Thank You (via) Xbox News
    NEWS SOURCE #2: Xbox One sales topped Three Million 2013 (via) Gematsu

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    3 Million Xbones in stores, does not make 3 Million Xbones in living rooms...

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    I'm finding this funny because at one local store they're struggling to get rid of them now. They can take their sweet time as far as they're concerned.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Considering time crisis and many people are leaving Microsoft to Sony. It is a great result.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IJTF_Cinder View Post
    3 Million Xbones in stores, does not make 3 Million Xbones in living rooms...
    This actually says sold to consumers, as opposed to the usual mixed up quotes that are designed to be misconstrued so that when they get called out on their numbers being shipped numbers, they can say well we never said otherwise.
    Next Gen Console - i7 4770k@4.7GHZ + H100i, ASRock Z87E-ITX, Sapphire Radeon R9 290X , 16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 1866@2400, Crucial m4 256GB mSATA SSD, 1GB WD Caviar Black, 64GB OCZ Agility 3 SRT cache. All in a red Bitfenix Prodigy.

Better than XB1 or PS4 gaming PC for the same price as an XB1, should be pretty decent once Mantle starts to be more prominent in newer titles http://www.ebuyer.com/lists/list/307569 (updated 18/02/2014).

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDDOA View Post
    This actually says sold to consumers, as opposed to the usual mixed up quotes that are designed to be misconstrued so that when they get called out on their numbers being shipped numbers, they can say well we never said otherwise.
    But it is strange all the other sites like VGChartz, etc. are reporting much lower numbers for XB1.

And the fact remains that XB1 is easy to be found online for next-day shipping and on store shelfs getting dusty.

But the PS4 is still sold out and they reporting over 3 Million SOLD also.

So whom is telling the truth?

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyopa View Post
    But the PS4 is still sold out and they reporting over 3 Million SOLD also.
    I did think about mentioning that but then the question is whether there is simply better supply of the Xbone than the PS4.

I'm a ****ing idiot because I decided to get a PS4 (wanted to play with my brother, discounted and I plan to rent) and it is more difficult to get than if I want an Xbone.

In an update to my post though it seems that they managed to finally sell the Xbones after a few days.
    Last edited by tech3475; 01-07-2014 at 09:56 AM.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Sold out where, there are no problems getting them around here, so no idea where that rumour is coming from either. Both are readily available, my mates cousin works in our local ex game station and he says neither are selling that fantastically beyond the first week or so after launch, so I guess it's number fiddling all around. I can understand why, even if they were reasonably priced they have nothing going for them games wise, and nothing that looks like something worth buying them for for quite some time.
    Last edited by DEDDOA; 01-07-2014 at 10:06 AM.
    Next Gen Console - i7 4770k@4.7GHZ + H100i, ASRock Z87E-ITX, Sapphire Radeon R9 290X , 16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 1866@2400, Crucial m4 256GB mSATA SSD, 1GB WD Caviar Black, 64GB OCZ Agility 3 SRT cache. All in a red Bitfenix Prodigy.

Better than XB1 or PS4 gaming PC for the same price as an XB1, should be pretty decent once Mantle starts to be more prominent in newer titles http://www.ebuyer.com/lists/list/307569 (updated 18/02/2014).

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    I find this hard to believe. I personally have both an Xbone and a PS4, and I cannot STAND the Xbox. Every time I go to start an app or game, there is an update. Installing games takes forever, and I can't even manage my data. The second update that came to the Xbone killed my Kinect, so I had to send it back.

Both launches have pretty pathetic lineups though....never again will I get a launch release console.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    something doesn't smell right.

there are plenty of xbox ones available in stores, even cex which artificially inflated the prices on both system to get stocks has now cut xbone to the same price as ps4, sales figures suggest that ps4 has outsold xbone in every country they were competing in yet sony are claiming only just over 3 million sold across not just all the countries it launched alongside xbone in but also the additional countries it launched on its own in.

as of yesterday, grainger, tesco, asda and sainsburies all had xbone in stock locally (dont know about argos) none had ps4, cex had 4 ps4's at £460 preowned (rrp is only £349) and a pile of xbones at £450 including day one editions. ps4 stocks do arrive but go almost instantly (or are already filling preorders).

the real shocker is that wii u is like ps4, sold out pretty much everywhere locally, even with little to no software support at retail.

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast