ModChipFactory

R4Depot

ModChipCentral - 360

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Xbox One 2014 plans leak: Halo 2 HD incoming, White console later this year, and more!

Plus, an update arriving in March.

A NeoGaf insider reportedly leaked the Xbox One plans for this year and beyond. Other sources confirm some facts.

It looks like NeoGaf's insider 'ntkrnl', has dropped a "knowledge bomb" of information about Microsoft’s plans for the year.

First, it looks like the white Xbox One will be released in October, and that MS is considering launching a version of the console (not just the white one) for $399 "without an optical drive".

Plus, Halo Anniversary 2 is coming and will be released later this year. It will be 1080p and will include a beta for Halo 5, with that last one launching until 2015.

Here's the info:

• Forza Horizon: "Fall 2014, probably September. Super sexy weather system and... lots of co-op/social stuff. 1080P and open-world, so you can road trip with your bros."
    • White Xbone incoming.
    • Why all the leaks? Scared you might get caught? "I am incapable of fear. Plus, this is such exciting stuff, and me talking about it ahead of time isn't going to hurt anything, truthfully. We're all chomping at the bit for it to come out. This is not bad. "
    • Halo Anniversary 2 will be 1080p, iffy on the 60fps, maybe not.
    • Quantum Break is Holiday 2014
    • Multiplayer confirmed for HA2, same devs as Halo Anniversary.
    • Sunset Overdrive is Fall 2014
    • Black Tusk cancelled project was called "Shangheist." May have involved stealing stuff from the Chinese (though I think that may have been a reference to the name and maybe not the gameplay? Not sure...)
    • Fable Legends is Summer 2015
    • Halo 2 Anniversary includes beta for Halo 5
    • Gears of War will probably need a 2.5 year dev time.
    • First Titanfall DLC is 45 days from release, then another one 120 days from release.
    • No Crackdown 3 news this year most likely, since it's a 2016 title.
    • A list w/dates of the rest of the Tier 2 and Tier 3 countries that Xbone will release in this year.
    • No info/idea on what Rare's up to, sadly.
    • $399 XB1 this year? "Maybe one without an Optical Disc Drive."
    • 1TB XB1 in November (Limited Edition)
    • Halo 5 a year later.
    Plus, another source -this time from The Verge- confirmed that Microsoft is preparing to release its first major Xbox One dashboard update in March...

Sources familiar with the plans have revealed to The Verge that the update will focus on fixing a number of issues with the Xbox Live service on the console, alongside other system fixes. Party-chat problems and issues with the usability and placement of social features of Xbox Live will be improved with the update. The update timing was first revealed by a forum poster at NeoGAF, and The Verge has verified it separately.
    So, there you have it.

You can find more info on these leaks on the links below!

NEWS SOURCE #1: Forum Thread #760013 (via) NeoGAF
    NEWS SOURCE #2: Xbox One dashboard update White Console release date (via) TheVerge

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Halo 5 delay- doesn't surprise me, unless a 'B' team was working on it during Halo 4's development you'd expect three years between games because of quality.

Halo 2 HD- I hope they do something more with it than they did with Halo: Ann, preferably a directors cut.

DD only Xbox- Would anyone actually buy this? Especially given the cost of games. Personally I'd prefer a kinect-less Xbox.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Forza Horizon: "Fall 2014, probably September. Super sexy weather system and... lots of co-op/social stuff. 1080P and open-world, so you can road trip with your bros."
    Hope it's got more cars, as a Forza Fanatic this is good news to me.

White Xbone incoming.
    My guess is this is motivated by Microsoft employees selling their "I Made This" consoles for $4,000 each.

Personally I'm not a fan of white.

Halo Anniversary 2 will be 1080p, iffy on the 60fps, maybe not.
    360 or One exclusive?

If it's going to just The One, not too big a loss Halo 2 still works on 360 (BC is a beautiful thing)

$399 XB1 this year? "Maybe one without an Optical Disc Drive."
    1TB XB1 in November (Limited Edition)
    Oh goody, what about external storage?

1TB is better than the current 500GB, but take it from someone who still owns 40 Original Xbox games + 63 360 games (BC is a beautiful thing) it still won't be enough, 'cause some jerk decided that all One games on disk in entirety must be installed to the hard drive.

I see nothing wrong with a disk driveless One, given that the SteamBoxes are coming and the struggling Android console scene. The problem is storage, unless downloaded One games adopt a streaming function, space management will be more of a pain in the ass than for a disk user

Halo 5 a year later.
    Not surprising, the original estimate for a this year release was unrealistic, given the complete lack of shown work.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    360 Have Halo 1,3,4, Reach...I wonder why they can't release the only missing on 360.. Halo 2.

I can tell you why. It will be Xbone exclusive, so they sell more Xbone's to Halo fanatics which still have 360.
    Some people will buy it only because of this old game.
    ---
    Norway just made the worlds first Smart Cruise Ship. Robots working in bars and lots of other high tech stuff.
    This ship have Xbox One's, but they also have Wii U in other ships.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cyyOUZjEIc#t=158

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlefield View Post
    360 Have Halo 1,3,4, Reach...I wonder why they can't release the only missing on 360.. Halo 2.

I can tell you why. It will be Xbone exclusive, so they sell more Xbone's to Halo fanatics which still have 360.
    Some people will buy it only because of this old game.
    That's why I said really they'll have to give it more than just a graphical upgrade like they did before, especially since Halo 2's SP is flawed (it's missing the ending for starters) and the multi may not be a big draw like it was for the original.

[cynical]
    Maybe the only reason for this game/Halo 5's delay was to get more money from people buying the game to play the beta.
    [/cynical]

Artlover is offline Bad Ass Mother 4000, Twice as Fast as your Ass!
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tech3475 View Post
    especially since Halo 2's SP is flawed (it's missing the ending for starters)
    I wouldn't say it's missing. Just very crappy and very short so you end up thinking it's just a transition scene to another level, then the credits roll.

You want to talk about missing endings, let's talk COD4. Blow up the helicopter then the credits roll. Dafuq.
    My Consoles: Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, Jaguar; Coleco Telstar Alpha, Telstar Ranger, Colecovision; Mattel Intellivision; Microsoft Xbox, Xbox360; Nintendo NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii; Sega Genesis w/cd, Saturn, Dreamcast; Sony PSX, PS2.

See my Homemade Gamecube Case

See my Homemade Xbox360 Gamepad PC Receiver
    GTA V Online: It's a steaming pile of dicks!

Amy Rose has grown up to be a hot little hedgehog! I'd do her!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Artlover View Post
    I wouldn't say it's missing. Just very crappy and very short so you end up thinking it's just a transition scene to another level, then the credits roll.
    I think I read somewhere that apparently there was a 'better' ending planned but they cut it, they may have also recorded the dialogue for it.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlefield View Post
    360 has two Halo 1 releases, Games on Demand 'Xbox Originals' Halo and of course Anniversary

It's befuddling that Halo 2 never made to GoD, especially given the epic final live match, you'd think somebody at M$ would got the idea to 'milk the cow' through the 360 Games on Demand.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Crimson Blade For This Useful Post:

Battlefield (01-31-2014)

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    but white console wasn't a develps exclusive!?!.

Artlover is offline Bad Ass Mother 4000, Twice as Fast as your Ass!
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tech3475 View Post
    I think I read somewhere that apparently there was a 'better' ending planned but they cut it, they may have also recorded the dialogue for it.
    {googles around}

You are correct sir. Looks like there was supposed to be an actual ending.

That said, I hope Halo 2 Anniversary drops on the 360, though I doubt it. :/
    My Consoles: Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, Jaguar; Coleco Telstar Alpha, Telstar Ranger, Colecovision; Mattel Intellivision; Microsoft Xbox, Xbox360; Nintendo NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii; Sega Genesis w/cd, Saturn, Dreamcast; Sony PSX, PS2.

See my Homemade Gamecube Case

See my Homemade Xbox360 Gamepad PC Receiver
    GTA V Online: It's a steaming pile of dicks!

Amy Rose has grown up to be a hot little hedgehog! I'd do her!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast