ModChipFactory

R4Depot

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Senior publisher confirms a new and cheaper Xbox One to release on 2014

Could it be the disc-less white edition?

A senior publishing source has confirmed that Microsoft will release a new and cheaper Xbox One this year

And here we have, one of those leaks of early this week that becomes real (or almost real). It seems that Microsoft is planning to release a new Xbox One model that is going to be cheaper than the current one. If this new Xbox One is the white disc-less edition is still unconfirmed but VG24/7 reported this:

Microsoft has told trusted publishing partners that it will release a new model Xbox One before the end of the year, a senior source has confirmed to VG247.

Although the source was unable to confirm that the system will be disc-less and feature a bluetooth adaptor, the new console will be priced cheaper than the current $499 model.

Upon release, Microsoft would likely drop the price of the current Xbox One model, placing it in the same price point as Sonyís PlayStation 4.

New hardware isnít the only leak from Microsoft this week, with reports suggesting Halo 2 Anniversary Edition will be released on November 11, complete with a beta for Halo 5.
    What do you think? Too soon for a new model or Microsoft is trying to boost up the sales at all costs to catch up PS4?

NEWS SOURCE: Senior publishing source confirms new cheaper Xbox One release for 2014 (via) VG247

Our thanks to 'Kaos2K' for this news item!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    If MS think a discless console is going to improve things they will be shocked (let alone the complaints from ignorant people who just bought one not knowing e.g. the price of DD games).

A same but cheaper or a kinect-less bundle is what's needed at a minimum.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tech3475 View Post
    If MS think a discless console is going to improve things they will be shocked (let alone the complaints from ignorant people who just bought one not knowing e.g. the price of DD games).

A same but cheaper or a kinect-less bundle is what's needed at a minimum.
    Discless console will be almost half-the-size and hehe a way from them to bring back DRM to everyone, sorry we had to install it on your original Xbox One because the new Xbox HALF is discless, so we need to make sure they are equal.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to garyopa For This Useful Post:

Artlover (01-31-2014)

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    This has a chance if:
    - It has a 3TB+ HDD or external HDDs are usable without weird exceptions(special formatting like Wii U would be ok)
    - Only costs as much as the cheapest ps4, if Kinect is also scrapped, the price needs to be lower
    - There's a download price guarantee. The download price is always equal or lower than the lowest retail price, price cuts immediately take effect.

Especially the last point won't happen, so it just won't work. Well i hope people are smart enough to refuse this.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    psp go and oyua sales say hi to their new digital only companion.

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    the best route to go is to put the kinect in the crapper and offer a kinectless console sku. removing the bluray drive removes a very good bullet point from the box:

* Plays Blu-Ray, DVD movie titles and allows CD audio playback.
    Add me to your Friends List
    -------------------------------
    Xbox Live = kneehighspy
    PSN / SEN= kneehighspy

** R.I.P Dad (11 / 09 / 1944 - 06 / 04 / 2011) Miss ya tons pops! **

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kneehighspy For This Useful Post:

Artlover (02-01-2014), DEDDOA (02-02-2014)

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Disc drive cost like 10-20$ to make, so it wont help.
    Console without Kinect is the way to go.
    XBOX ONE with Kinect for 399USD same as PS4 , and 299USD without Kinect is a perfect strategy.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LordX For This Useful Post:

Artlover (02-01-2014), DEDDOA (02-02-2014)

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Bloody hell, I half joke when I say they are playing from the PS3 playbook, but damn there they go again they reduce the price by taking things away instead of biting the bullet and just dropping the price while keeping the same feature set. If the PS4 can undercut them by so much with slightly better hardware, then they have no excuses. How about a Kinect free version for less than a PS4 as apparently that's the only thing that they can use o justify the price difference and it will take less away from the console than loosing the disk drive. Still though, it should be at least PS4 price with Kinect and the disk drive, the only thing it needs to make smaller is the price tag.

Next will be no major price reductions but a bigger HDD every so often to attempt to justify the unchanging price.
    Last edited by DEDDOA; 02-02-2014 at 12:57 AM.
    Next Gen Console - i7 4770k@4.7GHZ + H100i, Z97E-ITX/ac (bending pins on the USB 3.0 header killed my Z87I ), Sapphire Radeon R9 290X , 16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 1866@2400, Crucial m4 240GB mSATA SSD, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 64GB OCZ Agility 3 SRT cache, in a red Bitfenix Prodigy.

Re-Shelled Windows 8.1 Steam Box/XBMC HTPC - A10-7800, F2A88XN-WIFI, 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400, 120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD, in a Antec ISK110 MiniITX.