ModChipFactory

R4Depot

ModChipCentral - 360

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Xbox One system update coming on February 11

With some fixes and new features

Major Nelson has confirmed that Xbox One will receive a system update next week.

Major Nelson is proud to announce that Xbox One will receive a system update on February 11. This system update will arrive with some fixes and new features, so now you'll be able to see how much storage space is used in the internal HDD, a battery indicator for the controller will be added and also compatibility with USB keyboards.

On March 4 another system update will arrive to prepare your console for the Titanfall release.

On February 11, the first update will be delivered to customers who sign into their Xbox One. It features many new improvements – including lots of behind-the-scenes updates for developers building apps and games for Xbox One, several new features we believe Xbox fans will love, stability and product updates to improve the customer experience, and continuous improvements to the quality of Kinect voice so commands become more fluid and responsive over time. While we won’t be going into all of the details of the product updates today, we will be sharing more information soon.

Some of the features you can expect to see on February 11 include:

The ability to see and manage your storage space. With this update, you will find it easy to find how much space your content takes up and better manage your content. You can also control your install lineup and more easily manage your download queue. We’ve separated My Games and My Apps into separate lists, so you can easily create separate queues for both. Now you can pick the order in which you want your content to load and we’ve added a boot progress indicator so you can better track updates while they load.

The battery power indicator is back! You can see it right on the home screen, so you can easily track how much battery life is left on your controller.

And, you will be able to use your USB keyboard with your Xbox One.

These are just a few of the many updates we will be shipping on February 11. We’ll share more details on these and other upcoming features in the coming weeks. We have several surprises in store that we think you’ll love.

March 4 system updates – countdown to “Titanfall”

On March 4, in advance of what is expected to be the biggest game launch of the year, we will be delivering another system update to prepare your Xbox One for “Titanfall.” This update will contain many new features and improvements, most significantly to our party and multiplayer systems.
    NEWS SOURCE: Xbox One System Update coming Feb 11 (via) MajorNelson

Our thanks to 'Robe24' for this news item!

Artlover is offline Bad Ass Mother 4000, Twice as Fast as your Ass!
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    This system update will arrive with some fixes and new features, so now you'll be able to see how much storage space is used in the internal HDD, a battery indicator for the controller will be added and also compatibility with USB keyboards.
    You mean to say it's finally almost launch ready?
    My Consoles: Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, Jaguar; Coleco Telstar Alpha, Telstar Ranger, Colecovision; Mattel Intellivision; Microsoft Xbox, Xbox360; Nintendo NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii; Sega Genesis w/cd, Saturn, Dreamcast; Sony PSX, PS2.

See my Homemade Gamecube Case

See my Homemade Xbox360 Gamepad PC Receiver
    GTA V Online: It's a steaming pile of dicks!

Amy Rose has grown up to be a hot little hedgehog! I'd do her!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Artlover View Post
    You mean to say it's finally almost launch ready?
    Ha! Ahem, So true though. I love being dashboarded mid game and I really love the charge and play kit randomly disconnecting. Not word on fixes for these though

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    Ha! Ahem, So true though. I love being dashboarded mid game and I really love the charge and play kit randomly disconnecting. Not word on fixes for these though
    to be fair, getting dashboarded mid game is a lot better than a sudden nice blue screen with an error code then finding your save file(s) have been scrambled).

i really can't wait for late 2015 by which time both ps4 and xbone should finally be out of beta.

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billysastard View Post
    to be fair, getting dashboarded mid game is a lot better than a sudden nice blue screen with an error code then finding your save file(s) have been scrambled).

i really can't wait for late 2015 by which time both ps4 and xbone should finally be out of beta.
    Mid Game dashboard is also better then random control disconnects. This console is ok, just ok for the time being.