DSGamerWorld

ModChipCentral - Others

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation NPD US January 2014: PS4 'nearly doubles' sales of Xbox One

PS4 also top selling console.

The NPD Group has released its video game sales data for January, and the PS4 was #1 in sales for next-gen consoles.

Overall, January NPDs showed a sharp decline in software sales leading to lower industry spend (due to lack of new releases). Total retail sales were down 1% year over year, and retail software sales are down 26% year over year (normalized).

Unsurprisingly, the PS4 was the #1 selling game console in the US in January, but the Xbox One took the lead on the US game sales for the month.

Here's the data:

- Software.

Trivia:
    -Tomb Raider PS4 outsold Tomb Raider Xbox One by 2:1
    -Xbox One has a 2.7 attach rate.
    -2.27 million games were sold on "Xbox" this month.
    -3DS and Wii U software sales were up 6 percent and 26 percent when normalized for a four-week month.

Nintendo:
    -Pokemon 125,000 in January, 3.25 million LTD
    -Super Mario 3D World = 655,000 LTD
    -The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds = 715,000 LTD
    - Hardware.

• PS4: Almost double Xbox One. [#1 best selling platform]
    • Xbox One: Estimated 143K [#2 best selling platform]
    And, the official PRs and info from Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo, below!

- Microsoft.

The release of January NPD Group data today provides a chance to reflect on the success of Xbox One. We are incredibly humbled and proud to see Xbox One continue to be the best launch of an Xbox in our history. Comparatively, Xbox One consoles have sold at a rate of 2.29 times faster than Xbox 360 in the U.S. in the same timeframe for the first three months on the market. From our blazing start out of the gate, we have continued to see Xbox One delight fans in 13 markets around the world, with many more markets to come this year.

More importantly, it is gratifying for our team to see Xbox continue to prove it’s the best place to play games. January NPD Group figures released today revealed Xbox* sold the most games across all console platforms in January with 2.27 million units sold, making up 47 percent of software market share. Fans continue to show their excitement for new generation Xbox One games, with U.S. consumers purchasing an average of 2.7 games per console since launch. This amazing success is due in large part to our unrivaled games lineup, first class Xbox Live multiplayer games service and a platform for game developers that offers unique capabilities such as Kinect and Xbox SmartGlass.
    - Sony.

PlayStation.Blog: Can you share any updates on PS4’s global sell-through?

John Koller: The response has been fantastic. In the US, PS4 was #1 in sales for next-gen consoles in January, nearly doubling the nearest next-gen competitor. And PS4 remains the cumulative leader here based on today’s report from the NPD Group.

Globally, we announced last month that we’ve sold through more than 4.2 million units as of the holiday season, making PS4’s launch the biggest in console gaming history. I think the PS4 demand is indicative of how we’ve tapped into something special – and that’s that gamers want to be recognized for their greatness and want to enjoy experiences together.

We’re looking forward to what 2014 has to offer, starting with inFAMOUS Second Son next month, Destiny in the fall and The Order 1886 later in the year . There will be lots more games to come too – more than 100 total in North America this year.
    - Nintendo.

Nintendo reports that Wii U software sales increased by 16% over January of last year. Pokemon X and Y sold more than 125,000 combined units in the US in January, bringing their total sales to more than 3.25 million in the United States. US Super Mario 3D World sales reached 655,000 in January, and The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds sales hit 715,000.
    NEWS SOURCE #1: Forum Thread #768743 (via) NeoGAF
    NEWS SOURCE #2: PS4 nearly doubles sales of the Xbox One in the US in January (via) GameSpot

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!

Artlover is offline Bad Ass Mother 4000, Twice as Fast as your Ass!
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    And ignoring the fluffy clouds spin being attempted, the only important thing in this article was:

Overall, January NPDs showed a sharp decline in software sales leading to lower industry spend (due to lack of new releases). Total retail sales were down 1% year over year, and retail software sales are down 26% year over year (normalized).
    My Consoles: Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, Jaguar; Coleco Telstar Alpha, Telstar Ranger, Colecovision; Mattel Intellivision; Microsoft Xbox, Xbox360; Nintendo NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii; Sega Genesis w/cd, Saturn, Dreamcast; Sony PSX, PS2.

See my Homemade Gamecube Case

See my Homemade Xbox360 Gamepad PC Receiver
    GTA V Online: It's a steaming pile of dicks!

Amy Rose has grown up to be a hot little hedgehog! I'd do her!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Artlover View Post
    And ignoring the fluffy clouds spin being attempted, the only important thing in this article was:
    that's not entirely correct though, digital sales are not included in these figures so chances are the adjusted figures are actually higher, that might also explain how ms can claim to have higher software sales than ps4 as well.

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Now we just have to wait for some 'fun' games to be released.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tech3475 For This Useful Post:

Artlover (02-14-2014)

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tech3475 View Post
    Now we just have to wait for some 'fun' games to be released.
    Well, there is the Goat Simulator that is coming soon! But sadly, that's not for the consoles.
    My Consoles: Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, Jaguar; Coleco Telstar Alpha, Telstar Ranger, Colecovision; Mattel Intellivision; Microsoft Xbox, Xbox360; Nintendo NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii; Sega Genesis w/cd, Saturn, Dreamcast; Sony PSX, PS2.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Well, there is the Goat Simulator that is coming soon! But sadly, that's not for the consoles.
    Going by just the name alone... I can only imagine that it is some sort of beastiality based video game... lol

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanD View Post
    Going by just the name alone... I can only imagine that it is some sort of beastiality based video game... lol
    Did you miss this? Goat Simulator now available for pre-order

What could be cooler than a goat with an axe I asks ya!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

If only the goat was on PS4 and he was running after XB1 owners with the axe...

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

I have been pretty sick for a week or two lol how I could have missed that one...

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    In this generation console Ps4 will rules.