ModChipFactory

R4Depot

ModChipCentral - 360

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Xbox One February update goes live

First XB1 update rolling out now!

Xbox One February update is now starting to roll out. Full list of changes and improvements inside!

As promised by Microsoft, this month's Xbox One update is starting to roll out.

This is the first major update for the console, and packs many improvements, including better Kinect voice recognition, improved all-round stability, and some key fixes to the dashboard, like on-screen meters for the controller's battery and the ability to see and manage your HDD space.

According to Major Nelson:

As I noted in my blog post about the December system update, we’ve changed the way these work on Xbox One to reduce the impact on our customers.

For the vast majority of Xbox One owners who use “Instant On” (the low power state that allows you to instantly power up your console by saying “Xbox On”), the console automatically checks for updates when customers turn it off. This means now that we’ve made the February update available, the next time you turn your console off it will take the update during off-peak hours in your local time. All that to say, never fear you’ll see it sometime over the weekend.

As a reminder, here are some of the features you’ll see in this update:

- The ability to see and manage your storage space: With this update, you will find it easy to find how much space your content takes up and better manage your content. You can also control your install lineup and more easily manage your download queue. We’ve separated My Games and My Apps into separate lists, so you can easily create separate queues for both. Now you can pick the order in which you want your content to load and we’ve added a boot progress indicator so you can better track updates while they load.

- The battery power indicator is back! You can see it right on the home screen, so you can easily track how much battery life is left on your controller.

- And, you will be able to use your USB keyboard with your Xbox One.
    And, finally, here's the full list of changes:

• Update to My Game & Apps to allow sorting of games and application lists, and separate queue lists for games, applications and installs
    • Ability to delete game and application save data
    • Improved installation and DLC management
    • Addition of the controller battery power indicator
    • Improved UI for accessing friends, achievements, messages, and party chat
    • Game DVR app to be included in the Xbox OneGuide as an app channel
    • Update to the boot progress indicators for system update
    • Improve consistency of UX for update & install progress
    • Separate game, application, and install queue lists
    • Addition of USB keyboard support
    • Stability and performance update
    • Improved NAT detection
    • Network Troubleshooter improvements
    • Blu-ray quality improvements
    • Significant performance and stability improvements
    Remember, there's another update scheduled to arrive in March, so stay tuned for that one too. All the details are HERE.

NEWS SOURCE #1: Xbox One February update is onw starting to roll-out (via) MajorNelson
    NEWS SOURCE #2: Forum Thread #769283 (via) NeoGAF

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!

Artlover is offline Bad Ass Mother 4000, Twice as Fast as your Ass!
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    The ability to see and manage your storage space: With this update, you will find it easy to find how much space your content takes up and better manage your content.
    So how long before we are given an update on if the HDD replacement mods work or not?
    My Consoles: Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, Jaguar; Coleco Telstar Alpha, Telstar Ranger, Colecovision; Mattel Intellivision; Microsoft Xbox, Xbox360; Nintendo NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii; Sega Genesis w/cd, Saturn, Dreamcast; Sony PSX, PS2.

See my Homemade Gamecube Case

See my Homemade Xbox360 Gamepad PC Receiver
    GTA V Online: It's a steaming pile of dicks!

Amy Rose has grown up to be a hot little hedgehog! I'd do her!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Artlover View Post
    So how long before we are given an update on if the HDD replacement mods work or not?
    probably shortly after there is 400gb of content actually worth installing.

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billysastard For This Useful Post:

Artlover (02-15-2014), rednekcowboy (02-15-2014)