ModChipFactory

R4Depot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation RUMOR: Xbox may be purchased by Amazon, according to insider

But, take it with a grain of salt.

So, that 'Microsoft dumping the Xbox Division' rumor could be legit, as according to an insider, Amazon is in talks to buy it. Microsoft, of course, denies it.

Just a few days after the report by The Washington Post stating that Microsoft investors wanted the company's new CEO to "kill" the Xbox division, well known industry insider Pete Dodd now says that they are in talks with Amazon to transfer the property of Xbox to the giant online retail corporation (but, it could take years).

Of course that this s just a RUMOR, so take it with a huge grain of salt. Here are his tweets:

He further added the following over at NeoGaf:

ďWhat am I creating fud for? I own an xbox one and quite enjoy it. Am I trying to sabotage myself? I passed on a rumor that is being taken way more seriously than I imagined. Thatís it. No need for Tinfoil hats,Ē

"Am I being trolled? The original person to tell me might have been, I thought. I followed up with others. They said the same thing. Basically the scuttlebutt around D.I.C.E was that this made sense, one looking to dump, another looking to acquire. Then I talked to someone at ms that said there have been talks but itís not even close to a done deal and if it does get done it will take years,"

"I thought a few people would find it entertaining that this is a current rumor and now there are sites saying that Iím saying that Microsoft is selling xbox to Amazon. Like I said before I donít put enough stock in this to even make a thread myself. I really wish this one was closed. I take the blame, I have serious self-awareness problems as I have no idea that I can even cause a commotion like this."
    Microsoft, of course, denies it. Chief of Staff for Devices and Studios Group Aaron Greenberg commented this:

"Ridiculous, cannot believe people would even believe something like this."
    So, there you have it. Again, as Dodd said, do with this rumor what you may...

NEWS SOURCE #1: Microsoft's Xbox Division may be purchased by Amazon according to insider (via) DualShockers
    NEWS SOURCE #2: Microsoft dumping Xbox division rumor TRUE Amazon talk buy it says insider (via) GamePur

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!

Artlover is offline Bad Ass Mother 4000, Twice as Fast as your Ass!
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    When I said I was in agreement that MS should sell off the Xbox, I meant to an electronic company with a vision, not a mediocre internet store.
    My Consoles: Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, Jaguar; Coleco Telstar Alpha, Telstar Ranger, Colecovision; Mattel Intellivision; Microsoft Xbox, Xbox360; Nintendo NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii; Sega Genesis w/cd, Saturn, Dreamcast; Sony PSX, PS2.

See my Homemade Gamecube Case

See my Homemade Xbox360 Gamepad PC Receiver
    GTA V Online: It's a steaming pile of dicks!

Amy Rose has grown up to be a hot little hedgehog! I'd do her!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Artlover For This Useful Post:

Ichijoe (02-19-2014)

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Bah. I'd much rather see X-Box die the death it deserves for its negative impact on gaming/gaming culture.

Or at least Nintendo to buy it. That would be great purely for the lol's of crying fanboys.

That would be golden!
    Project: Ocarina - The Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time in VR (Kokiri Forest Demo)

http://darkakuma.z-net.us/ - My Blog
    http://www.z-net.us/ - SNES Online Gaming

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DarkAkuma For This Useful Post:

AlbedoAtoned (02-17-2014), Artlover (02-15-2014), Battlefield (02-16-2014), billysastard (02-15-2014), Cloudkill (02-16-2014), gDrive (02-16-2014), Ichijoe (02-19-2014)

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    The most that will happen is it will get split off so it's still an MS company but not a part of MS directly and so no affected by or linked to MS profits so as to give the false impression that where the rest of the company may be making a profit, any loses from the Xbox company will not be represented. Mind you they will probably list any Xbox profits if and when they appear to bolster the MS share prices.

It's a standard practice con, and something that has been asked for by share holders for Sony as well so that they can keep the profitable parts of the company safe from the loss making parts or at least keep them from leaching profits and share prices.
    Next Gen Console - i7 4770k@4.7GHZ + H100i, Z97E-ITX/ac (bending pins on the USB 3.0 header killed my Z87I ), Sapphire Radeon R9 290X , 16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 1866@2400, Crucial m4 240GB mSATA SSD, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 64GB OCZ Agility 3 SRT cache, in a red Bitfenix Prodigy.

Re-Shelled Windows 8.1 Steam Box/XBMC HTPC - A10-7800, F2A88XN-WIFI, 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400, 120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD, in a Antec ISK110 MiniITX.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DEDDOA For This Useful Post:

Ichijoe (02-19-2014)

Artlover is offline Bad Ass Mother 4000, Twice as Fast as your Ass!
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDDOA View Post
    It's a standard practice con, and something that has been asked for by share holders for Sony as well so that they can keep the profitable parts of the company safe from the loss making parts or at least keep them from leaching profits and share prices.
    Sony would have to spin off a lot more than just the video game division if that's the goal!
    My Consoles: Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, Jaguar; Coleco Telstar Alpha, Telstar Ranger, Colecovision; Mattel Intellivision; Microsoft Xbox, Xbox360; Nintendo NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii; Sega Genesis w/cd, Saturn, Dreamcast; Sony PSX, PS2.

See my Homemade Gamecube Case

See my Homemade Xbox360 Gamepad PC Receiver
    GTA V Online: It's a steaming pile of dicks!

Amy Rose has grown up to be a hot little hedgehog! I'd do her!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Artlover For This Useful Post:

Ichijoe (02-19-2014)

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Maybe Microsoft should dump the Windows division not the Xbox One:

Someone quick invent a Door for Microsoft and they need an fire exit...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to garyopa For This Useful Post:

Battlefield (02-16-2014), rednekcowboy (02-15-2014)

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyopa View Post
    Maybe Microsoft should dump the Windows division not the Xbox One:

Someone quick invent a Door for Microsoft and they need an fire exit...
    I imagine that chart is including phones and trying to compare them to PC sales... lol

PC sales are down of course but that's a combo from the economy being in the dumps and slow advancement. To be perfectly honest a Pentium D 3Ghz with 2GB's of RAM is more machine than 90% of the planet will ever use and that by today's standards in PC tech is ancient.

People tend to replace phones these days on a yearly basis so it will skew the results of such a chart.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Artlover View Post
    When I said I was in agreement that MS should sell off the Xbox, I meant to an electronic company with a vision, not a mediocre internet store.
    Me too, though I'd prefer "Xbox LLC." 50% MS / 50% [Insert Gaming PC maker] (maybe Dell/Alienware, or it'd be hilarious if Nintendo were to make a bid.)

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    I would be surprised if Amazon bought it considering their Arm based Fire products, if anything I'd expect a joint venture or them being a major shareholder in an Xbox company in exchange for some IP to make games on the Kindles.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAkuma View Post
    Bah. I'd much rather see X-Box die the death it deserves for its negative impact on gaming/gaming culture.

Or at least Nintendo to buy it. That would be great purely for the lol's of crying fanboys.

That would be golden!
    Basically, Nintendo will also get Rare back then...Expect them to make Kinect Sports 3.

The best choice would be Nintendo...but i wonder if its worth it?

As a Bonus.. Halo, Gears of War, Forza, Dead Rising etc. on Wii U.
    IF MS sells Xbox...I think Sony will sell Playstation too later as its bad business for both.
    Nintendo with the smallest market share bathes in money.

Amazon...World biggest book store? running console business? No thanks!
    Amazon buying Xbone would be the final nail in Xbox coffin. Maybe they would buy it to get less competition on their new cell phone console.

After all, Amazon did buy a golden egg recently which is awesome at making mediocre games.
    ---
    Norway just made the worlds first Smart Cruise Ship. Robots working in bars and lots of other high tech stuff.
    This ship have Xbox One's, but they also have Wii U in other ships.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cyyOUZjEIc#t=158

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast