ModChipCentral - 360

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Xbox One users experiencing 'black screen' issue...

...Following February update.

Some Xbox One users are reporting a black screen error following the February update. Microsoft is aware of the issue and there's a workaround available.

It looks like some Xbox One users are experiencing a issue that makes the screen "go black" after the system powers on and during gaming sessions, just after applying the latest February update for the console.

Gamers on Reddit and on the official Xbox forums have noted their frustration with the new issue.

Apparently, Microsoft is aware of it, and a workaround is already available...

The official Xbox Support Twitter channel says you need only "power cycle" your Xbox One by holding the power button for 10 seconds to fix the issue. Simple enough.

Unfortunately for some users, the Xbox One "black screen" issue interrupted their Titanfall beta gameplay sessions. Though it's a headache and an inconvenience, the issue does not appear to be very widespread or significantly damaging, so you can rest easy and continue playing Titanfall until the beta ends tomorrow, February 19.

The February Xbox One update rolled out on Friday, February 15. It added a battery power indication and USB keyboard support, while also improving storage space management.
    Have you experienced anything like that? Let us know below!

The next major XB1 update will arrive in March, a week ahead of Titanfall's launch...

NEWS SOURCE: Xbox One Black Screen issue pops-up after latest update (via) GameSpot

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Looks like it has its own BSoD now

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Odd, No problems with my XB1.

Did the patch, everything's fine, no boot or gaming issues.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Since update, voice commands have gone tits up on mine.. cant tell it to turn on and when you tell it to turn off it wont recognise yes or no!! Read that other people are having the same problem....wheres the fix Microshit!!??

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sped View Post
    Since update, voice commands have gone tits up on mine.. cant tell it to turn on and when you tell it to turn off it wont recognise yes or no!! Read that other people are having the same problem....wheres the fix Microshit!!??
    well seems your update has enabled this feature:

sadly from now on, your xbox will turn on and off when it WANTS to do so

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Blade View Post
    Odd, No problems with my XB1.

Did the patch, everything's fine, no boot or gaming issues.
    Same here. I wonder if this is just a vocal minority that are having issues.

R.I.P. my beloved wife and soul mate. You gave me 20 years of love during our wonderful marriage.

Artlover is offline Bad Ass Mother 4000, Twice as Fast as your Ass!
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anil8tr View Post
    Same here. I wonder if this is just a vocal minority that are having issues.
    Doesn't make the issue any less of a real issue for those people. That MS has confirmed it and had an easy user end fix ready right away implies they already knew about it and what is causing it.
    My Consoles: Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, Jaguar; Coleco Telstar Alpha, Telstar Ranger, Colecovision; Mattel Intellivision; Microsoft Xbox, Xbox360; Nintendo NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii; Sega Genesis w/cd, Saturn, Dreamcast; Sony PSX, PS2.

See my Homemade Gamecube Case

See my Homemade Xbox360 Gamepad PC Receiver
    GTA V Online: It's a steaming pile of dicks!

Amy Rose has grown up to be a hot little hedgehog! I'd do her!