ModChipFactory

R4Depot

ModChipCentral - 360

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation China selling FAKE CronusMAX devices

Be Warned!

ControllerMAX (formerly CronusMAX) warns about some China dealers trying to sell fake CronusMAX devices.

According to the guys over at ControllerMAX (formerly CronusMAX), some Chinese dealers are trying to sell old Cronus Device stock and passing them off as CronusMAX.

Apparently, these have been badly repaired by hand, so you are now WARNED. Don't get those!

Here's the info:

BE WARNED! There are China dealers trying to sell old Cronus Device stock and passing them off as CronusMAX. We received various samples and most seemed to have been repaired by hand and the work was terrible with dry joints and bridge solder on the IC (see picture). Half of them wouldn't even work without some soldering repairs or replacement of components.

All the serial numbers showed up as none CM and none of them will work with Gtuner or any of the GamePacks and none of them can be programmed to any new firmware or new features. Make sure you buy from a genuine retailer listed at controllermax.com/retailers

If you have already bought one of these expecting for everything to work correctly then you have two options. Return it to whomever you bought it from for a refund or you can pay the ControllerMAX Upgrade fee of $29.99 available at our store.

NEWS SOURCE #1: Show Thread #141681 (via) ControllerMax
    NEWS SOURCE #2: Show Thread #143970 (via) Team-Xecuter

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    hmmmm , need more info how to detect this, what firmware it have ? any more tips how to know ?

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Repaired by hand and the work was horrible, but.... if you are willing to pay upgrade fee of $29 suddenly everything starts to be just fine.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sirocco View Post
    Repaired by hand and the work was horrible, but.... if you are willing to pay upgrade fee of $29 suddenly everything starts to be just fine.
    i think the upgrade fee includes a replacement fully functional unit, something the cronus team have absolutely no reason to offer to buyers of these crappy rejects.

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    just to get some more info I ordered one by DHL EXPRESS it will be here soon.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billysastard View Post
    i think the upgrade fee includes a replacement fully functional unit, something the cronus team have absolutely no reason to offer to buyers of these crappy rejects.
    I'm not sure, $29 for software upgrade sounds like rip off , but I am 99% sure they talking about software only.
    I have original cronus I buy it when it just come out for like $100 just to check it out... and now to pay $29 sounds not so cool.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LordX For This Useful Post:

rednekcowboy (02-21-2014)

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LordX View Post
    I'm not sure, $29 for software upgrade sounds like rip off , but I am 99% sure they talking about software only.
    I have original cronus I buy it when it just come out for like $100 just to check it out... and now to pay $29 sounds not so cool.
    To be fair they don't even need to offer that
    they never made the original cronus basically they're offering you half-price to convert you from the competitor.
    the fact that you overpaid for the competitors be piece of crap isn't their problem

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anarchy99 View Post
    To be fair they don't even need to offer that
    they never made the original cronus basically they're offering you half-price to convert you from the competitor.
    the fact that you overpaid for the competitors be piece of crap isn't their problem
    competitor ??? this is original item :
    China dealers trying to sell old Cronus Device stock
    They just trying to sell original items they have in stock and Cronus won't give update for free, this is not a clone.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    DHL arrived 4 days ago, got CronusMAX all working just fine , tested on XBOX ONE.
    My dealer told me this is 100% original and not fake or something.

a bad thing, I must to use my XBOX ONE controller ID for detection to connect XBOX 360 Controller for example
    so my XBOX ONE can't be used with the XBOX360 controller at same time because ID is in use already.

my idea was to buy CronusMAX and play with XBOX 360 controller as second controller on XBOX ONE = NOT POSSIBLE = SUX!
    just spend money on CronusMAX or on second XBOX ONE controller.

what is a problem to emulate the controller ID ???