ModChipFactory

R4Depot

ModChipCentral - PS3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Tropical Island
    Posts
    19,349
    Total Thanks Given
    292
    Total Thanks Received
    1,340
    Total Thanked Posts
    771

    Exclamation 'RPCS3': PS3 emulator now boots commercial games

    But, also still in early stage.

    RPCS3 is a promising PlayStation 3 emulator, and is able to boot a few commercial games (like Disgaea 3).


    Following the news of the 'Project Xenia' Xbox 360 emulator, we now have info about the progress of another last-gen emu, this time a PlayStation 3 one called 'RPCS3'.

    Seems that the developers have been worked on it since 2011, but have recently shown that the emu is now able to boot a couple commercial games, like Disgaea 3 and Arkedo Series 02: Swap!.

    Of course that this emu is still in early stages, and the games run slow/buggy, but it's a pretty awesome progress.

    Here are some screens and videos:

    Disgaea 3.





    Arkedo Series - 02 Swap! - VIDEO 1 (First commercial game to boot).


    Arkedo Series - 02 Swap! - VIDEO 2 (BELOW!)


    Info from the second video:

    This is a test on the last revision of RPCS3. It requires to manually unpack a edat file and extract some firmware files into the /dev_flash/ folder. If you feel the desperate need to claim this is fake, please go away.
    NEWS SOURCE #1: RPCS3 (via) GITHub
    NEWS SOURCE #2: Forum Thread #780488 (via) NeoGAF

    Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!


  2.                    
  3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to garyopa For This Useful Post:

    Battlefield (03-08-2014), DarkKitarist (03-12-2014), gDrive (03-08-2014), Ichijoe (03-07-2014), rednekcowboy (03-07-2014), TomatOsaUce (03-12-2014)

  4. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,255
    Total Thanks Given
    380
    Total Thanks Received
    310
    Total Thanked Posts
    174
    Once a working emulator for last gen is complete and working, I'll finally move onto next gen. This is great news!


  5. The Following User Says Thank You to rednekcowboy For This Useful Post:

    gDrive (03-08-2014)

  6. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    2,642
    Total Thanks Given
    53
    Total Thanks Received
    31
    Total Thanked Posts
    24
    pretty impressive, didnt think it would be this soon for a ps3 eumlator, excellent work and progress.
    Add me to your Friends List
    -------------------------------
    Xbox Live = kneehighspy
    PSN / SEN= kneehighspy




    ** R.I.P Dad (11 / 09 / 1944 - 06 / 04 / 2011) Miss ya tons pops! **

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to kneehighspy For This Useful Post:

    gDrive (03-08-2014)

  8. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,660
    Total Thanks Given
    439
    Total Thanks Received
    141
    Total Thanked Posts
    101
    Admittedly I'm a bit surprised by this event too. I didn't think that either System would, or could be Emulated even at these early stages outside of either a MicroSoft, or S0NY Facility.... If ever... But, by the time these probably become "workable" we'll be onto the PS6 and XBThree (or would it really be called the 720(p)?))...

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ichijoe For This Useful Post:

    gDrive (03-08-2014)

  10. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    The land of the Vikings
    Posts
    4,967
    Total Thanks Given
    852
    Total Thanks Received
    494
    Total Thanked Posts
    373
    Impressive.. First Xbox 360, and now this.

    Its a good start for both.

    Still, there is still no proper Xbox 1 emulator after all this time. I think they gave up Xbox.
    ---
    Norway just made the worlds first Smart Cruise Ship. Robots working in bars and lots of other high tech stuff.
    This ship have Xbox One's, but they also have Wii U in other ships.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cyyOUZjEIc#t=158

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Battlefield For This Useful Post:

    gDrive (03-08-2014)

  12. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,121
    Total Thanks Given
    971
    Total Thanks Received
    282
    Total Thanked Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlefield View Post
    Impressive.. First Xbox 360, and now this.

    Its a good start for both.

    Still, there is still no proper Xbox 1 emulator after all this time. I think they gave up Xbox.
    Well, that is just a big fat turd alright - nobody is willing (enough) to make the Xbox emulation scene move forward, especially when apparently, the hardware/software aspects of it are a poain in the ass to get right due to a lack of openly-available technical documentation in order to help them get things right.

    See here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...4&postcount=26
    Quote Originally Posted by opiate81 View Post
    I agree with Albedo.. Pay and Porn are two words Ive not used in the same sentence since the eary/mid 90s.
    None of the commercial sites have chicken fucking for gDrive anyway

  13. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    The land of the Vikings
    Posts
    4,967
    Total Thanks Given
    852
    Total Thanks Received
    494
    Total Thanked Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by gDrive View Post
    Well, that is just a big fat turd alright - nobody is willing (enough) to make the Xbox emulation scene move forward, especially when apparently, the hardware/software aspects of it are a poain in the ass to get right due to a lack of openly-available technical documentation in order to help them get things right.

    See here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...4&postcount=26
    Yes, Xbox 1 was a fat turd.. And i didn't want it. Rebel Strike on GameCube was impossible on Xbone with the inferior Xbox hardware.

    10 years ago, i actually said that Xbox 1 was a degraded PC.. But it obviously isn't. The reason why GameCube is emulated properly, is because of all the great exclusives which Xbox lacked.
    ---
    Norway just made the worlds first Smart Cruise Ship. Robots working in bars and lots of other high tech stuff.
    This ship have Xbox One's, but they also have Wii U in other ships.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cyyOUZjEIc#t=158

  14. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    39
    Total Thanks Given
    1
    Total Thanks Received
    5
    Total Thanked Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlefield View Post
    Yes, Xbox 1 was a fat turd.. And i didn't want it. Rebel Strike on GameCube was impossible on Xbone with the inferior Xbox hardware.

    10 years ago, i actually said that Xbox 1 was a degraded PC.. But it obviously isn't. The reason why GameCube is emulated properly, is because of all the great exclusives which Xbox lacked.
    Xbox hardware had a little more horsepower than NGC. There are examples of PS2/XBox games like Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance which run fine on those consoles yet are awful on NGC. It goes both ways and is often just an optimization failure on the part of the developer.

    You were right about Xbox being a cheap PC when it came out. Architecture was conventional but a combination of an annoying DirectX-like closed API and no motivation whatsoever due to a lack of notable exclusives doomed that scene before it ever really got started. PS3 has weird hardware but much like the Saturn there's motivation to be brave and work toward proper emulation thanks to a lot of good exclusives. I feel almost as ambivalent toward 360 emulation as Xbox emulation.

  15. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    The land of the Vikings
    Posts
    4,967
    Total Thanks Given
    852
    Total Thanks Received
    494
    Total Thanked Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by galneon View Post
    Xbox hardware had a little more horsepower than NGC. There are examples of PS2/XBox games like Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance which run fine on those consoles yet are awful on NGC. It goes both ways and is often just an optimization failure on the part of the developer.

    You were right about Xbox being a cheap PC when it came out. Architecture was conventional but a combination of an annoying DirectX-like closed API and no motivation whatsoever due to a lack of notable exclusives doomed that scene before it ever really got started. PS3 has weird hardware but much like the Saturn there's motivation to be brave and work toward proper emulation thanks to a lot of good exclusives. I feel almost as ambivalent toward 360 emulation as Xbox emulation.
    I can see why they skipped Xbox, but with if they wanted..they could emulate it.
    I have bought 100's of games on Xbox 360 and PS3 which makes their emulators useless for me.

    Xbox still did have a inferior GPU which made it unable to get GFX like Rebel Strike.
    Remember that GameCube also had shitloads of games running at 60 fps which is not common on even 360.

    Fun fact:

    GameCube was considered a failure, and Xbox a huge success. LOL

    Gamecube: 22 millions
    Xbox: 23 millions

    Yes, sure.. Its a huge difference in sales.
    ---
    Norway just made the worlds first Smart Cruise Ship. Robots working in bars and lots of other high tech stuff.
    This ship have Xbox One's, but they also have Wii U in other ships.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cyyOUZjEIc#t=158

  16. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Italy Rulez! - Proud To Italian
    Posts
    26,121
    Total Thanks Given
    111
    Total Thanks Received
    130
    Total Thanked Posts
    111
    It is a good point to start...but to emualte Ps3 I think need a super Pc...6 core or above, 2gb Video card and over 8gb Ram...wait to see something else.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0