R4Depot

ModChipCentral - 360

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Xbox One Hacking Story was FALSE

The problem with Internet today is so easy to spread misinformation

Sadly the recent breaking news story of the Xbox One console being hacked already to run 'homebrew' was FALSE and full of 'misinformation' and many scene sites have posted even more misinformation

Recently, we posted an Xbox One Hacking story which we found on another normally good news site, but we quickly pulled it after we check the original sources and people involved and found it to be filled with misinformation and false facts in regard to the XB1 console and exploit.

Here is a recent forum post made by one of those mentioned on the 'other sites' that was quoted in the chat log out of context:

Quote Originally Posted by Iriez View Post
    Since the original site posted the pastebin of supposed conversation from #xbonehack of efnet of me talking about the implied acquisition of private keys I have tried as hard as possible to get that site, along with others to remove the rumors. As you might have seen, others had confirmed this conversation did not exist in said channel.

I feel it is necessary now to post that the information in those logs was in fact misinformation, unfortunately out of context and misleading.

There is no current xbone exploit, or keys found, or anything that I am aware of.

Please disregard all rumors regarding this information. I am politely asking all sites who have posted these rumors to please remove the news posts as the information is false.
    We agree with the above poster, and hope other sites reading this will add an disclaimer to their Xbox One Hacking Story or remove it totally, and help stop spreading more misinformation on the Internet, just because one site quotes the other does not make it true!
    Last edited by garyopa; 04-21-2014 at 02:44 PM. Reason: removed the false story, and added updated

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    They can easily prove it without having to release the keys. All they have to do is release a signed Hello World app.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Complete garbage

This conversation never occurred at all. As someone who has been in #xbonehack since it opened to the public I have a complete log of everything that occurred in chat there. This conversation is a complete fabrication, citing people who aren't even in the channel and as far as I can tell have never been in there. This article should be amended to reflect this information.
    Last edited by garyopa; 04-21-2014 at 02:40 PM. Reason: removed the quoted false story....

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Well I'm not surprised given that Xbox Backup Creator, can already reportedly make rips of XBone Software.
    Sad thing is... Even with Piracy a said-and-done deal I still wouldn't touch this System with an extra large Pole!

Wait MicroSoft stole S0NYs PRNG Code?
    Code:
    init getRandomNumber
    {
           Return 4; // Chosen by fair dice roll
                     // guaranteed to be random
    }
    THIS IS HILARIUS!!

Well like I said I'd never buy One of these Spyboxes myself, but if I had... I'd be staying put on my current Firmware for the time being.
    'cause even if my "Slim" is hackable I'm no longer on OFW3.55, and that mean that I'd have to Hardware flash my PS3 again. Not a biggie I have my E3 NOR Flasher to hand. But, why bother when you can Softmod it from OFW3.55 (or wherever the XBone currently is?).
    Last edited by Ichijoe; 04-19-2014 at 04:19 PM.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    This article is a clear fabrication. This conversation never occured where they claim. People cited in it have never even been in the channel they claim. Whoever originally wrote it should check their info better, because I have logs for #xbonehack dating back to when the channel opened to the public. As a TeamXecuter channel, if any of this was true, it would be front paged on their website.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    What happened to that XBone Private Keys HACKED Story that was up here this morning?
    It seems to have disappeared...
    Last edited by Ichijoe; 04-20-2014 at 08:58 PM.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichijoe View Post
    What happened to that XBone Private Keys HACKED Story that was up here this morning?
    It seems to have diapered..
    It was removed by request of those in chatlog, saying it was more of 'jump the gun' story, and nothing really is found useful in the end, and they didn't want 'false information' to get out, but looks like the 'cat is out of bag' as alot of other sites have reported on it instead.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to garyopa For This Useful Post:

Ichijoe (04-20-2014)

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Xbox One Hacking Story was FALSE

Since the original site posted the pastebin of supposed conversation from #xbonehack of efnet of me talking about the implied acquisition of private keys I have tried as hard as possible to get that site, along with others to remove the rumors. As you might have seen, others had confirmed this conversation did not exist in said channel.

I feel it is necessary now to post that the information in those logs was in fact misinformation, unfortunately out of context and misleading.

There is no current xbone exploit, or keys found, or anything that I am aware of.

Please disregard all rumors regarding this information. I am politely asking all sites who have posted these rumors to please remove the news posts as the information is false.
    Last edited by garyopa; 04-21-2014 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Front-Page Formatting

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Iriez For This Useful Post:

billysastard (04-21-2014), Ichijoe (04-20-2014), sabin1981 (04-21-2014)

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyopa View Post
    It was removed by request of those in chatlog, saying it was more of 'jump the gun' story, and nothing really is found useful in the end, and they didn't want 'false information' to get out, but looks like the 'cat is out of bag' as alot of other sites have reported on it instead.
    I just hope the don't sell this to Microsoft...
    Then again this is just One more reason NOT to update the Firmware of the XBone right now, assuming that there is in fact more to this story. But, lets assume that it was a jump the gun story. Why not just correct the Story instead of just yanking it like that? Its all kinds of fishy if you asked me. Assuming that they did what they said they done...

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichijoe View Post
    I just hope the don't sell this to Microsoft...
    Then again this is just One more reason NOT to update the Firmware of the XBone right now, assuming that there is in fact more to this story. But, lets assume that it was a jump the gun story. Why not just correct the Story instead of just yanking it like that? Its all kinds of fishy if you asked me. Assuming that they did what they said they done...

others who were in the room were saying that it was a fake chatlog.

Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so

Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
    psn = Impaled-Gryphon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast