Microsoft's E3 2014 plans leaked by a 'blogger'
A new Ryse, Fallout and Halo 5 release date?
A blogger has published what he claims is the full breadth of Microsoft's plans for the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in June. To sum up the big leak, let's just say there will be a lot of games!
We had the big Sony E3 leak a few days ago, and around the same time we missed the news of a blogger leaking the Microsoft E3 plans, and here it is, and looks like it will be packed with ton of games for the Xbox One:
So what do you think, will this 'leak' become true, and if so is this list of games enough to make you jump into Xbox One gaming?
On the DL.
This info comes from the highest source and contains near full details of Microsoft E3 2014 conference.
I have had corroborations from a number of sources to its legitimacy:
Multi-platforms are as follows:
- Ryse 2 is in development and will be announced at the show in a real-time in-game trailer. Gone is the Roman period, enter the medieval setting. The game will offer more freedom of exploration and a refined combat system. The main character is a sell-sword of sorts with a greater destiny. This game looks beyond belief. No release date (possibly late 2016)
- Forza Horizon 2 will be announced for release in October 2014 vai Playground Games. It will once again be open world and set in Louisiana, Missisips, New Mexico, Texas and Arkansas. Full day/night cycle, real time weather. Estimated 80 hour single player.
- 343 Industries will unveil Halo 2: Anniversary. This is a full (multiplayer included) visual makeover of Halo 2, it will also include the same options as Halo Anniversary (Including both visual modes) skulls etc. It will include the E3 2003 mission as a bonus unlockable and the maps from the PC version.
- No Turn 10 this year except in supportive capacity of Playground.
- Halo 5 will get its release date.
- Rare is prepping a re-boot of Battletoads and Perfect Dark. BT will initially be a download only title (see Killer Instinct) and is set to run at 60fps. Perfect Dark is looking to be rebooted into a Third Person Adventure game - Similar to Uncharted.
- Epic will be there to unveil their new game base on the Samaritan demo from 2012. This will be XBOX ONE EXCLUSIVE as Microsoft is the publisher. Possibly the best looking game of this generation.
- Good Science Studios will unveil their Kinect Only game "EchoBlack" - The game is controlled via the use of Kinect and the player plots through an adventure game drawn as by echolocation. The vibrancy of the world depicted alters depending on the pitch, loudness and location of the players voice. No release date.
- Twisted Pixel will reveal their next digital game which is set in a sci-fantasy planet of Dekelsus. Possibly a 2.5D platformer.
- Black Tusk will have a CGI trailer for Gears of War : Lazurus which will show the direction the series is heading.
- Lift London will be showing 2 projects. They are small and digital based. No other details unfortunately.
- Lionhead will have a brief gameplay of Fable Legends and bow out with a teaser of their next project which is set in a post-cataclysmic Earth decimated by egg shaped objects (possibly aliens)
- Frontier Development is working on a family friendly Kinect title for release in 2014
- Phantom Dust : Sacrifice is being worked on by Grounding Inc and will be a prequel to the original. The game will be episodic in nature.
- Quantum Break will be out November 2014 - There is a multiplayer mode - Part 1 of a trilogy. The game has had a significant graphical upgrade since last year.
- Sunset Overdrive is aiming for release on the last weeks of August/Early September. Graphically it looks like the CG trailer and the Parkour element of the game is a mix of Sonic, Jet Set Radio and Ratchet and Clank.
- The secret Japanese game is coming from Platinum Games and is a Viewtiful Joe like action- beat em up. Codename is "RugPuddle". This is part one of a multiple game deal with Microsoft to publish other titles in the future.
- Leap Experience Pioneers will announce their game which looks like a TPS/RPG hybrid set in a Sci-fi universe. Looks very Mass Effect inspired. COMING 2015
- Platform Next Games is a new studio. They will be presenting an unnamed tech demo based on an upcoming project (similar to Black Tusks demo last year) which appears to be set in either an ancient or fantasy setting.
- Games With Gold will be announced for Xbox One starting immediately. The aim is that it will be 1 retail game a month, 1 digital game per month of a choice of 2. This will evolve as time goes on.
- Microsoft will announce the date when retail units can be activated as development kits, it will be before October 2014.
- Crackdown: Skyline - Coming 2015 - No other info, not even the developer. Microsoft Studios.
Exclusive/Timed DLC on all.
- The Division (Xbox One is now lead platform)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Fallout 4
- EA game (not specified here)
NEWS SOURCE #1: Microsoft E3 2014 plans: a new Ryse, Fallout and Halo 5 release date? (via) TechRadar
NEWS SOURCE #2: TheCutAndDry: LEAKED - Microsoft E3 2014 (via) BlogSpot
Ryse 2? The only reason why Ryse 1 sold was due to lack of launch games.
The same reason why the pure crap game Knack even sold on PS4.
Halo 2: Anniversary + Halo 5. <- I will only buy them to complete the collection.
Still playing Halo 1 Anniversary which is a drag and boring as hell.
Perfect Dark reboot? When people think of this old dead franchise, they think of the N64 version.
There some "goodies" on the list, but still old recycled/upgraded games.
Actually Nintendo and Sony also focuses mainly on recycling/upgrading too.
All gaming companies do now is recycle the same old crap over and over again, there is nothing new or original. It all stinks!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rednekcowboy For This Useful Post:
Artlover (05-10-2014), kneehighspy (05-10-2014), Misfit (05-12-2014)
If you check the video in my sig, you will know why overused franchises sells much better than good games.
Originally Posted by rednekcowboy
Most game devs does not have a choice these days, if they want a chance to survive in the business.
Blame customers, and not the devs.
Sales numbers proves that people prefer sequels and recycling over any good game. This is why COD, GTA and Battlefield outsells games like Deus EX 3, MGR etc. by millions.
The demand for recycled "crap" is so huge these days, that EA can continue as they always did.
Devs can ble blamed for one thing.
They don't make full effort on their games, even if they can.. why? They are always thinking of sequels, and leave out cool ideas for their current game to split them onto 1-2 more possible games.
for those who care, since sony and now ms e3 plans have leaked its only fair not to exclude nintendo from the leak party
so here is the nintendo e3 leak....
New Zelda game – As they said, Nintendo will finally show us brand new Wii U Zelda. They gonna show us CGI trailer, and also a few minutes of gameplay. It will be true open world Zelda (Elder Scrolls style). It will have two regions, one dark and edgy. Second more colorful, just like Skyward Sword. Game will be playable at E3. Release date: 2015.
Smash Bros Wii U/3DS – They will reveal release dates for both versions (SB Wii U in November). Show more gameplay, and presents all fighters and stages. They will also talk about Smash DLC and NFC Figures.
Monolith Soft X (Xenoworld) – Open world jrpg with story mode and cooperation similar to Monster Hunter Games. You can play it alone with AI companions. Release date winter 2014 in Japan and march 2015 in the west.
Bayonetta 2 – Trailer and release date (fall 2014)
FExSMT/Yarn Yoshi – first trailers and release dates (first half of 2015)
Hyrule Warriors – first trailer, release date is October 2014. Hyrule Warriors is final title.
Fatal Frame/Project Zero – first CGI trailer, “coming soon”
Retro Studios Game – New IP, sci-fi action adventure game, first CGI trailer, “coming soon”
New Miyamoto’s game – Lots of Gamepad and NFC gimmicks.
Mario Party U – Nintendo’s holiday game for casual gamers, classic Mario Party, but with NFC figurines.
Pokken – first trailer, Pokemon fighting game from Namco, 2015
Smash Bros – more details about 3DS version
Pokemon Omega Ruby/Apha Saphire – trailer, details about game
Tomodachi Life – trailer, details
Yokai Watch/Dragon Quest VII – west release announcement, trailers, details and release dates (autumn-winter 2014)
Metroid 3DS – developed by Next Level Games, classic 2.5D Metroid, trailer, release date: December 2014
BIG FINAL SUPRISE
Star Fox – reboot of the series, developed by Platinum Games. First trailer, CGI and gameplay. Game is mix of Star Fox Adventures and classic Star Fox games. Release date: 2015.
what is pretty scary about that leak is that there is not a single 3rd party or multiplatform title other than yw/dq7 not even from sega.
Anyone who wants to add me feel free to do so
Steam, xbl & miiverse = ImpaledGryphon
psn = Impaled-Gryphon
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billysastard For This Useful Post:
Battlefield (05-10-2014), Misfit (05-12-2014)
Guess I don't conform with the masses then because I just got pretty much out of gaming altogether. Last real game I played was The Last of Us as it was the only one in a long time that only somewhat piqued my interest. I've actually been going back and retro-gaming and having a ball with it.
Originally Posted by Battlefield
Also the gaming industry as a whole is dying a slow and painful death. I think you have things a little backwards. If the masses were demanding repetitive shit, the gaming industry would be thriving. It's companies like EA that are killing it with the same old crap time after time and people are sick of it. All companies now are just living of their depleting bankrolls from the golden years that have long since past, it's only a matter of time now until every one of them start having serious financial difficulties. Sony is only the beginning. Just my own opinion, mind you.
Pachter was right this time. This list punches MS and Sony. Who said Wii U needs third parties?
Originally Posted by billysastard
Adding to this list:
Mario Kart 8
COD Advanced Warfigfhter
As i already said, i was almost sure that Platinum would make the new Starfox game. It should be awesome, because it was their biggest wish.
Atari, THQ already died among the huge recent companies and more will follow.
Some companies is half dead already.
The game industry is dying when you see how slow PS4 is selling, and Xbone even worse. And of course Wii U sales.
The industry is dying when they still have to make nearly all games for the old consoles.
As for repetitive shit.. Sales numbers proves this. Sales numbers is the truth.
Most of the best games the last years sold weak, while several crap games sold millions.
Don't get your hopes too high for a good Watchdogs version on Wii U. The ps3 and Xbox360 versions have free roaming and a multi player mode removed, on top of the expected graphical cuts. Also, there will be less people and vehicles in those versions. The Wii U has twice as much RAM as ps3 and Xbox360, but who knows if the RAM was the reasons for those cuts, or if double the RAM is sufficient.
Well, you can hope that exactly those cuts are the reason for the Watchdogs delay, and the devs want to make the Wii U a full version + gamepad gimmicks - graphics.
I'm surprised that Namco is hired to make Nintendo games, and yet they aren't releasing anything they make themselves?
Their first and last game was the wonderful upgraded Wii U port of Tekken Tag 2..Oh.. and that recent Pac-Man Adventure game.
None of their major franchises anymore.
As far as i know, Namco is behind Smash Bros and Pokemon Fighter.
Where is Ridge Racer for Wii U, or any Nintendo console since N64?
Penner: UBI Soft did do a good job on Wii U version of SC Blacklist, and i think its nice pad usage on Watch Dogs too. UBI even bragged about it 1 year ago.
I don't doubt the nice pad usage. But Wii U is kinda last gen, like ps3 and xbox360. So there's a chance it also gets the same cuts.
Originally Posted by Battlefield
Since i'm more likely to buy a Wii U in the next time than i am likely to buy Xbox One/ps4, i do hope for the best. Like all previously released DLC included.