ModChipFactory

R4Depot

ModChipCentral - 360

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Exclamation Xbox One Is the More Popular Console on Facebook

In United States this map shows, Xbox One on the coasts, PlayStation 4 in the heartland.

PlayStation 4 sold 7 million units to date, putting it well ahead of Xbox One’s 3 million units, but for some reason Microsoft’s console is winning the popularity contest on Facebook.

Microsoft may not be selling great numbers in the USA, but they are winning the 'social network' war, by getting more 'Likes' on Facebook then their next-gen rival PlayStation 4.

According to a tally of "likes" among Facebook users in the United States conducted by the Movoto Real Estate Blog, the Xbox One is the most popular console in 22 states, compared to the PS4, which is the most popular console in 19 states. Nine states resulted in a tie, probably because of the way Facebook rounds-off audience estimates. The Wii U was in the running, but didn't earn more than half the "likes" of either Xbox One or PS4 in any state.

As you can see in the map above, Xbox One is more popular on the coasts and most populated states, while PS4 is more popular in the heartland. According to Movoto, Nevada also had the biggest fan base for both consoles, while Mississippi had the smallest fan base for both.

As you've probably already guessed, this doesn't actually mean a whole lot to either company, most of all because the Facebook data doesn't reflect actual sales figures. If anything, it might suggest that Xbox One fans are more active Facebook users, or that Microsoft has done more to promote it on that social network.
    So what do you think is reasons that XB1 has more 'social' likes then the PS4 even tho the actual sales figures paint a different picture?

NEWS SOURCE: Xbox One Is the More Popular Console on Facebook in the United States (via) GameSpot

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    If its true, its still #3.

Means Facebook stats don't mean shit.
    ---
    Norway just made the worlds first Smart Cruise Ship. Robots working in bars and lots of other high tech stuff.
    This ship have Xbox One's, but they also have Wii U in other ships.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cyyOUZjEIc#t=158

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlefield View Post
    If its true, its still #3.

Means Facebook stats don't mean shit.
    Maybe if FaceBook had a 'dislike' it would win hands down also.

The problem with Facebook is there is only a 'Like', so if someone posts something bad about a product, and you agree with their hate towards it, you going to 'Like' the post, so this mapping of 'Likes' is stupid because it could be millions of 'Likes' on all the Anti-DRM hate posts from last year before Microsoft did a 180 turn-around.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to garyopa For This Useful Post:

Battlefield (06-23-2014), JonathanD (06-24-2014)

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    If you don't like a Facebook post you have two choices:

1. Don't hit the like button.
    2. If you hit the like button by mistake then hit that button again to dislike it.

I see no problem here. The PS4 have a higher popularity but i think is a mistake to think that people do not like the XB1 as there are many XB1 fans out there. Whatever we like the PS4 or the XB1 that's a personal decision but that doesn't reflect the choice of others.
    Last edited by Nintendo; 06-23-2014 at 03:16 PM.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Well I own both and I can honestly say the PS4 is the more superior system by miles!! Xbone is slow, the main menu system is a cluttered mess and trying to look for games on xbox live is just painful. Game loading is twice that of the ps4, no progress bars so it looks like the system locked up. Forget about cold boots. I can go out for a smoke and come back and I'm just starting to get into the main menu. If I would have paid full price for the Xbone, I'd be severely pissed off!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rednekcowboy For This Useful Post:

AlbedoAtoned (06-24-2014)

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    ^ Ditto, Do gamers actually use face book anyway?

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    ^ Ditto, Do gamers actually use face book anyway?
    Yes, gamers are on facebook playing Candy Crush after upgrading from playing Farmville....

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    This news are a big F***ing LOL Name:  bull_head.png
Views: 801
Size:  709 Bytes

BECAUSE ASSBOOK IS SO BADASS................................. (NOT) Name:  black_eyed.png
Views: 803
Size:  743 Bytes

ps: If I had a nuke, I would aim it to facebook servers. That's how much I like Facebook.
    Keep Cool

12. The Following User Says Thank You to guily666 For This Useful Post:

garyopa (06-23-2014)

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Pet rescue Saaaaaagaaaaaaaaa, It's easy to play, Just match the colors and save our furry friends!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyopa View Post
    Maybe if FaceBook had a 'dislike' it would win hands down also.

The problem with Facebook is there is only a 'Like', so if someone posts something bad about a product, and you agree with their hate towards it, you going to 'Like' the post, so this mapping of 'Likes' is stupid because it could be millions of 'Likes' on all the Anti-DRM hate posts from last year before Microsoft did a 180 turn-around.
    People even hit Like button when someone have died.

I don't use FB much myself, because i got tired of reading about people looking for socks in their closet, and what they have for dinner.
    ---
    Norway just made the worlds first Smart Cruise Ship. Robots working in bars and lots of other high tech stuff.
    This ship have Xbox One's, but they also have Wii U in other ships.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cyyOUZjEIc#t=158

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Battlefield For This Useful Post:

guily666 (06-24-2014)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast