ModChipCentral - Wii

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Maybe he tried the boot backup option with an original disc. This shouldn't work right?

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    that would be a reason

totofi Guest
    Originally posted by Shadowsan
    If you select boot game dvd with an original in, it should work fine.

Shadowsan
    Thanks ...

Originally posted by rajackar
    Maybe he tried the boot backup option with an original disc. This shouldn't work right?
    Yes ... i just tried before burning mini dvd-r that should reach me by the end of the week !!

BTW i wanted to thank and congratulate the GCOS team for their FABULOUS work.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Really? The one that came with my sony seems to burn em just great. In fact my xbox burns improved substantially since I switched to it. Although dvd Identifier sees it as a pioneer.
    Exactly, it's a Pioneer(which burns with very few errors), not a Sony. Sony uses other parts in their computers, not just there's. Right now, the newer Pioneer dvd burners, along with the NEC 3520A and BEN Q, are the best for making low error burns, which results in it being able to be read better.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Originally posted by tenchir
    Are you using "Super Mario Sunshine (USA) RARE" release? I have the exact same problem as you. I usually get the DRE right after getting a SHINE(when it asked to save). Would using fstfix14b fix the DRE problem??

I burn the game at 2x on the RitekG04 mini-dvdr with NEC 3520A.

This game and Naruto 3 are the only games I am having problems with so far. I tried using fstfix14b s f option and I still get DRE when trying to enter a battle.
    Super Mario Sunshine DREd on me once after getting the first shine, but that was the only time. I have been running this game for about a week averaging 6 hours a day. I'm also using the same burner and pretty much the same media (office depot).

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Originally posted by Chambers
    Not if you're using the AR + Memcard method, otherwise you still need to tape down the lid switch
    what makes you say this??? you really don't need to tape down the lid, doesn't matter the method you're using. you just need to be "fast" (not that fast, the swap delay is increased now), no lid sensor taping at all!

and the laser tweaking, I've heard it helped some people to get the backups work. for other people it just did'nt help at all. I'd say you'd better try different media/burner/firmware/game before trying tweaking, and only if you have some kind of problem. nobady knows for sure what the laser tweak can cause in the long run.

Chambers Guest
    Originally posted by The_Legend
    what makes you say this??? you really don't need to tape down the lid, doesn't matter the method you're using. you just need to be "fast" (not that fast, the swap delay is increased now), no lid sensor taping at all!

and the laser tweaking, I've heard it helped some people to get the backups work. for other people it just did'nt help at all. I'd say you'd better try different media/burner/firmware/game before trying tweaking, and only if you have some kind of problem. nobady knows for sure what the laser tweak can cause in the long run.
    I thought it had to be taped down for any other method than AR+Memcard. Cause opening the lid will reset the drive (AR somehow prevents this?). Guess I'm wrong then?

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    The only time that you need to tape down the lid sensor is if you don't have a Viper chip, and you want to play backups on full dvd-r or dvd+r

Dixon Butz Guest
    Originally posted by GameSphere
    Super Mario Sunshine DREd on me once after getting the first shine, but that was the only time. I have been running this game for about a week averaging 6 hours a day. I'm also using the same burner and pretty much the same media (office depot).
    I get the same dre. I tried different media at different speeds with a Pioneer 108d. All get the dre in the same place. My PI/PO scans are fine. Is this game rip a slightly bad image? Maybe when it was ripped, the data was corrupted in those sectors. I want to try ripping the original myself. Then burn it and see what happens.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    I just succesfully played mario party 6 with GCOS and max drive pro.
    I tried the exact same disc with anaconda and it did nothing.
    This really is a great way to boot the backup.
    I got a DRE when entering the first mini game though.
    I used the nec burner mentioned here with bulpaq mini dvd's (prodisc03).
    I have also tried Burnout 2 but the drive doesn't read the disc. Maybe I'n going to try the laser tweaking but I first want to try some more games.

Btw, are the ritek discs really that much better? And if yes does anybody know an online shop with reasonable shipping prices to europe?

I want to thank the GCOS team for this GREAT release! You guys rule!

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast