DSGamerWorld

UnderGround - 3DSBuy

ModChipCentral - 3DS

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    FifthE1ement Guest

Talking

How about you pay me for what I do and then you can judge my work. I am not paid by any sites for my hours of work on my guides to better help the community.

And yes the SuperCard is a great product but that’s not to say that I don't suggest that the M3 and G6 aren't great products either. If you have really read my flashcart guide, the G6 and M3 have more pros than any other flashcart combined and is stated to be the best overall flashcart for both GBA and DS performance and compatibility!

But it all comes down to what the users needs are and if they want a flashcart for the best possible DS compatibility and performance then they should pick up a SuperCard product. If they want it for GBA they should get an EZ product and finally if they want the best product overall for both they should get an M3 product. All three top brand flashcarts have their strengths and weaknesses as I have explained in my guide.

If you want me to write a guide or article on your flashcart of choice please donate a working copy to me and I'll do it for you.

I am that nice...

…and I enjoy helping users.... that’s just what I do...

So all that’s left to say is,

Good day sir!

FifthE1ement

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    ......FifthE1ement : Thankyou for this posting !

Your a star to this group & your efforts are appreciated by many I'm sure !

Last edited by icepick; 10-01-2006 at 04:48 PM.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    guess you'll never learn

boys will be boys
    fanboys will be fanboys

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Wink

First I would like to say to icepick:
    I am one of the many that appreciates the efforts and selfless hours of work that FifthElement (and many others) contributes to the world of portable gaming; to help us less experienced newbies. And, Thank You FifthE1ement.

Now prior to any research, I just recently purchased a DS Lite and GBM with supercards. I have spent days learning to use my supercards and trying to convert media for my son to watch. Unfortunately I did not come across Fifth's DS Lite Guide until I had already answered many of my own questions via other forums and websites as well as this one. However, had I discovered his guide, I would have only spend a couple of hours instead of days getting on my feet with my new purchase.

As for his reviews, defined by m-w.com:
    re•view - 4 a : to go over or examine critically or deliberately <reviewed the results of the study> b : to give a critical evaluation of <review a novel>
    http://m-w.com/dictionary/reviewing

Nothing there defines a review as being unbiased, besides the Title of his work is "Complete Guide..." As for the Guide, under the comparison chart he states the pros and cons of all. Now obviously he is very into Homebrew and like the 99.9% of world is tight on money so his preference is the Supercard Lite. It is very clear that stop_loading has a preference to a different Flash Cart, so I would be more than happy to read a review or guide of yours, as your number of posts seems high to me. (Also based on his guide I plan to change my son's SuperCard MiniSD to an M3 so that video quality increases, however the extra length of the M3 sticking out of the GBM is a bit disturbing.

One last thing, I believe this sub-forum is entitled “SUPERCARD.”

P.S.
    FifthE1ement, thanx for sharing all of your wisdom.
    And sorry everyone for the long post.
    New to the SuperCard Arena and very impressed!

-White DS Lite (US)
    SuperCard Lite (White)
    SuperKey
    2 x 512MB Sandisk Microsd

-Game Boy Micro
    SuperCard MiniSD
    2GB Minisd (No Brand)

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    lol flashcart rivalry..... you guys are cute.... not, but yeah beautiful read.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    *goes to find my rant about why ppl should get off fifthelements back*

Btw stop_whinning...what is your beef...I mean do you have a concreat reason for your anger or do you just not like the fact that fifthelemtn choose the support a product he likes...if thats teh case then yeah i guess boys will be boys..
    Oh yeah and when your done i would love to read your flashcard review...

"See...For a while I agreed with the fact that FifthElement was a Supercard Whore...But then i bought one...

Im really sick and tired of ppl busting his balls over his support for Supercard. Fifthelement has never ONCE spoken negativly about any aspect of the M3 Perfect Adapter, aside from the fact that with it having the same (OVERALL...IE: Once patches come out for both cards they support teh same game) DS compatability that is cost too much, and the fact that it uses slower memory management resulting in less effect bandwidth. For someone who does not intend to play EVERY GBA game thier is NO point whatsoever for someone to shell out the M3. If you buy a Supercard Lite and a 1gb ADATA Card, it cost about 83 bucks...which OMFG is the same price as a M3. And if you want your M3 to perform the same as the Supercard mentioned above you have to buy a 1gb Sandisk Ultra II which will in the end cost you a total of about 130 bucks. With the money you save purchasing a Supercard lite, you can get a used GBA SP, shell out a few more bucks and get your self a cheap flashcard with onboard memory and you have the best of both worlds.

If you have beef with the way Fifthelement feels about a product....
    GET THE F*CK OVER IT.

P.S. Love ya m8"

Would love to see this as a STFU disclaimer

And btw...if you have the nerve to call me a "Fifthelement Fanboy" let alone a Supercard fanboy...your only making your insainly pointless comments ....pointless

BTW...Fifth spellchecks enough for the two of us...so if you cant think of something special to say dont try to fall back on the fact that i spelled a word wrong
    Last edited by Omegatron; 10-04-2006 at 05:16 PM.

melloncollie Guest
    Is the SuperCard SD compatible with 4GB SD cards?
    I mean, I know that FAT16 max size is 2GB but I know there's a workaround
    (i.e. format with 64kb cluster).
    But will that formatted 4GB card work on the SuperCard SD?

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Smile

According to Fifth's Guide (http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthr...800#post217800) it can only support the 2GB.

I did find this, I don't know for sure if it is true or if it works, as I don't have a 4GB card, but you can give it a try.

http://forum.supercard.cn/view.asp?login=&mode=viewtopic&topicID=1504&forumI D=6&catID=1&search=1&searchstring=4gb&sessionID={B 3DC5AEE-8904-43D3-A7ED-512D6EADCFC9}

If the link doesn't work, this is what it says,
    "Believe me this took a while for me to find and searching this forum and google did not give me any answers. I did get it to work however.

Right click on my computer then left click on manage, double click on storage then single click disk management. In the upper right window choose your media writer that has your card. then right click and goto format(You may get a warning if so click yes). I left the default volume label then I choose FAT (NOT FAT32) then pick your card size (up to 4096 for 4GB). I unchecked quick format and then hit ok. Another warning may come up and say that this format will not work on older versions of windows just click yes to continue. That should do it.
    *Note: I did have to do it twice for some reason but the second time it did switch it to plain FAT16. I may have just hit the wrong responce to a warning the first time.

Also this method will not work on older versions of Windows. "
    (mviars)

Basically just format it in fat 16 with windows 2000 or a newer version.

Other answers on the supercard forum were
    "Actually FAT16 supports 4g if you set the cluster size to 64k - lots of people have reported using 4g cards fine."

"You just have to format it from command prompt first:

format d: /fs:fat

d: being the location of your memory card."

I hope I helped alittle???
    New to the SuperCard Arena and very impressed!

-White DS Lite (US)
    SuperCard Lite (White)
    SuperKey
    2 x 512MB Sandisk Microsd

-Game Boy Micro
    SuperCard MiniSD
    2GB Minisd (No Brand)

tabs Guest
    Thanks for the guide. I have a question though, I cant seem to see the this setting (gbapoaf4.jpg) on my Super Card Patcher. Is that for a different version?

FifthE1ement Guest
    Do you have a non-rumble SuperCard model?

If you do then just double click a GBA game once its in the list like the guide tells you to to bring up the GBA settings tab.

FifthE1ement

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast