ModChipCentral - 360

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    catfish Guest
    Ok, I see someone posted the "fonts" over at x-s.
    DO NOT USE THEM!!!
    They haven't been decompressed and will not work. If u don't want to or can't use the installer, use the ones below .

After installing them to C:\fonts , rename the original fonts with the extension of "bak".
    They will run Habibi-signed xbe's in this order...
    1st, Retail game OR D:\default.xbe (habibi-signed from the DVD along side of a copy named "catfish.xbe"
    2rd E:\Hakurs\default.xbe
    3th E:\default.xbe
    4th E:\Phoenix\default.xbe (default install point)

No, I'm not vain... Because retail DVD's would generate error 21, I had to change the DVD filename the exploit looked for. I am rather happy about this as this lets u habibi-sign most xbe's and burn them to CD or DVD and u never have to launch PBL. U can even power-up with one of these disks in the drive and the fonts still kick in.
    Last edited by catfish; 12-10-2003 at 07:16 AM.

catfish Guest
    *note*
    No matter what the original Anonymous release said, I have NEVER been able to make these fonts boot Evo-X directly. I may be confused and if so, please tell me how u accomplished this. *edit, thanks to shag, I have been able to load Evo-X, but only from CD, I gave up on Evo-X long before I found the bootable CD thing, so never bothered to try it.* **re-edit: Evo-X will load if the MSDashBoard= option is commented out (# in front) or points to a non-existent xbe**
    Oh, and I have made a "bootable" CD that loads PBL 1.3 which in turn runs Evo-X from DVD first. I really suggest EVERYONE who uses these fonts to make their own with their own personal backups on it.
    I may release a script and dir structure for everyone to make creating one easier. Everyone is welcome to create an ISO for public release using anything I've posted . I just ask that u at least verify it works before releasing it.
    **I also ask that none of my work be posted at xbox-scene, but u can post a link to maxconsole if u wish**
    **XanTium has my permission to post my work on his main site**

here they are...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by catfish; 02-21-2004 at 10:13 PM.

GKrobo Guest
    will these fonts avoid the dreaded clock loop?

Agent Orange Guest
    if these are the mechfonts-feenix... or a new version of them, I have sucessfully gotten out of a loop within a few cold boots with them.... but the loop isnt gone..

morpheous1777 Guest
    Originally posted by GKrobo
    will these fonts avoid the dreaded clock loop?
    as far as i know, everyone that has had a loop with the mechinstaller fonts (earlier versions) have successfully come outta the loop

GKrobo Guest
    Well i manually installed teh mechinstaller-feenix files...I wanna know if this set has an advantage over those...some times when I first boot up my XBOX it does a few soft boots before goin to the pheonix tabbed dash

catfish Guest
    I won't make any promises about the clock-loop.
    But until we have verified proof that these fonts fail on any Xbox I'll have to say yes, they avoid it very well.
    I have been testing these for about a month and I've forced about a dozen clock-resets during that time (2-6 loops). I have found that powering off before looping is more likely to bring a dead clock out in 3 loops or less. In the readme I have mentioned a "no-boot" loop which is more likely to occur than a reset clock.
    No matter what, I still recomend getting a backup onto your PC as soon as posible.

GKrobo Guest
    either ways great job catfish...one question when i try to load the gamesave for the installer I cant get passed the parsing screen i have taken the bios file and have made both rom bins and help?

underthebridge Guest
    nice work man! thanks alot

catfish Guest
    Originally posted by GKrobo
    Well i manually installed teh mechinstaller-feenix files...I wanna know if this set has an advantage over those...some times when I first boot up my XBOX it does a few soft boots before goin to the pheonix tabbed dash
    These fonts have the security checks disabled thanks to PedrosPad. Also, these new fonts will boot backups directly, which in the case of Crimsom Skies may be the answer everyone is looking for :-Þ
    I have also changed the default.xbe locations a bit, to avoid conflict with the first release.
    I can't even remeber if the first release would boot retail games, but I know in the new ones, I discovered that they wouldn't until I changed them.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast