DSGamerWorld

ModChipCentral - 360

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    catfish Guest

Mechinstaller-Phoenix

Alright guys,
    The re-write is finally done and the package will be sent out for distribution soon. (after more testing)
    Meanwhile, I've included the new readme...

Feel free to post comments and suggestions.

*updated 1-14-2004
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by catfish; 01-14-2004 at 08:59 PM.

Blackhawk Guest
    Let me be the first to congratulate you with this new version, I read the readme and it's crystal clear.

But why exactly do you need a trash bin?
    Just for safety?

I'il test it on some pal xbox's.

catfish Guest
    screw testing...
    If anyone can't wait, here's the installer minus the "questionable" files.
    Read "requirements.txt" to learn what files are needed and where to put them.

*updated 1-14-2004 (fixed empty dir issue) (added zipped fonts and xbedump)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by catfish; 01-14-2004 at 09:24 PM.

catfish Guest
    To answer Blackhawk's question..
    The trashbin is needed so that I can clear old files that u don't want in the backup dir. Since I still don't know how to make Evo-X delete files, I must move them instead.

Chicken Scratch Guest
    this great, all i can say is congrats, i am planning on using this method to mod a friend's xbox, a few questions, i cant seem to get the 2bl stuff so i can edit the bfm bioses
    aaand are the two xip files the origonal ones that the xbox has when you buy it from the store?

catfish Guest
    Find a working boot.cfg file to obtain the correct RC4 and EEPROM keys. It is included with a few other packages if u need it, PBL and Morden's for example.

The 2 xip files should be the exact size as I listed. Most likely the originals from your Xbox should work, those files are the same from the first dash upto 4920. I can't promise that every Xbox isn't shipped with 5659, But I haven't seen or heard of any that come with it. Most seem to be 4920 nowadays

Agent Orange Guest
    I can't seem to get this save onto a memory card... I've added all the "questionable" files to the original zip... and when I try to put it on the mem card, it almost finishes then it says error copying... which is wierd because if I use the one without the files.. it copies fine...

any idea how to fix this? I'm using the AR software, BTW...

catfish Guest
    The entire package should only be around 5.5 megs when all files are in place. (with 256k BIOS's)
    Even if u made 1 meg BIOS files, it should still fit.
    Check to make sure your card is empty and try again.
    If it still doesn't work, hold out till my beta-testers get the package uploaded to the usual places, which should be soon after they finish testing it.

morpheous1777 Guest

good job

damn catfish, this is one hell of an installer, i have been trying it out and so far not a single problem, It installed everything just as it said it would I like the option to intall either the font only, audio only, and the ability to switch between them with ease

good job

Agent Orange Guest
    Mine's 3.5 Megs or so.... wierd... I have 1meg bioses, too...

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast