DSGamerWorld

ModChipCentral - 360

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    dootdoo Guest
    cdq converts a double word to a quadruple word..

fantasywave Guest
    The TNMT tutorial is TOO COMPLICATED (horrible). I've read through it 11 times (yes 11 times) and I don't understand the following (The author skipped ALOT of details):

1) It saids to telnet Xbox --> PC with ETT. I did that and got connected but what the hell do you do afterwards? Then you skipped a whole bunch of steps and told me to search value: 6. OK so i entered "6" in the value textbox and pressed "search" and guess what? The game froze.

2) The guide didn't even specify how to spoke values and where to get the values.

3) I better stick to the Tiger Woods guide for now. (AND NO, IT"S NOT ANY DIFFERENT THAN TNMT GUIDE, IT"S ANOTHER CONFUSING GUIDE. I"LL TRY MY BEST TO UNDERSTAND IT....)

angelfly Guest
    first of all the guide was not horrible, it was great. I don't know what tmnt guiude you read but dootdoo's guide doesn't mention using ETT and it specifically states to simply telnet to your box. If you find the guide that confusing then you really shouldn't be trying to make trainers.I know that the guide is meant to teach people to make trainers but you can't milk a cow unless you know what a cow is I suggest you read some intros to assembly language or some guides on softice (<-another great debugging program).

fantasywave Guest
    Originally posted by angelfly
    first of all the guide was not horrible, it was great. I don't know what tmnt guiude you read but dootdoo's guide doesn't mention using ETT and it specifically states to simply telnet to your box. If you find the guide that confusing then you really shouldn't be trying to make trainers.I know that the guide is meant to teach people to make trainers but you can't milk a cow unless you know what a cow is I suggest you read some intros to assembly language or some guides on softice (<-another great debugging program).
    In case you don't know my friend ETT is a Telnet software. (Do you know a better Telnet software? Cuz ETT kept freezing). And the guide didn't tell me where to findthe values. i.e. "type: value 6" <---- Look man WTF does this mean? i.e.2 "load it into Ida Pro" <---- OK? Tryin' to confuse ppl again... i.e.3 "I will be showing how to do the Continue trainer for TMNT" <---- HUH?

overall, this guide is too horrible....

angelfly Guest
    I know exactly what ETT is but here is what you said "1) It saids to telnet Xbox --> PC with ETT", the guide does not say that.And where it said "type: value 6" it should be easy to assume you type "value 6".As for the telnet client I use the normal telnet that ships with windows.I really don't know what you find so confusing about the direction "load it into IDA Pro" and "I will be showing how to do the Continue trainer for TMNT" means exactly what it says and that is he will be showing how to make a continue trainer for tmnt. I really hate it when people rag on other peoples stuff. If you really find it confusing then learn how to do it and write a better one and stop calling what other people took time out their lives to write in order to help others (which it has helped many) horrible
    Last edited by angelfly; 01-05-2004 at 11:37 PM.

fantasywave Guest
    Originally posted by angelfly
    I know exactly what ETT is but here is what you said "1) It saids to telnet Xbox --> PC with ETT", the guide does not say that.And where it said "type: value 6" it should be easy to assume you type "value 6".As for the telnet client I use the normal telnet that ships with windows.I really don't know what you find so confusing about the direction "load it into IDA Pro" and "I will be showing how to do the Continue trainer for TMNT" means exactly what it says and that is he will be showing how to make a continue trainer for tmnt.
    Well thnx for your guidance I finally understand some of the confusing points in the guide.

dootdoo Guest
    if you have any questions about any specific part I will be happy to try and help you understand it, I did not write the guide to be used with ett, I have no idea how ett works..

As for the value searching, I take a value that is on the screen, and then search for it, get that value to change in the game, then search for the new value.

This is done so that you can narrow down the location of the number of continues.

Ida pro is a piece of software used to disassemble things, it is listed as things you need in order to do the tutorial, you could use wdasm or something else if you are familiar with them, but I don't go into detail on how to use them.

dootdoo Guest
    Also, where did you find a tiger woods tutorial? I'd like to read it

fantasywave Guest
    Originally posted by dootdoo
    Also, where did you find a tiger woods tutorial? I'd like to read it
    This: http://forums.maxconsole.com/showth...s=&threadid=782

I'll read through your tutorials again and learn from it but now I gotta fix my Telnet problem...It freezes on every game when I send the messge "value 6".

Falcon3 Guest
    DootDoo is it necessary to use IDA pro when locking the values or can this be done another way? Since i can't find IDA pro atm,

I hacked Dreamcast & PS2 saves before and those were easy.
    my old DC save site

http://www.angelfire.com/games3/vmul...con/index.html

This XBOX trainer stuff is new to me,i have sucessfully done the value searches ,with your tutorial {thanks}. But as far as locking that value since i don't have IDA pro is where i'm having trouble at.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Wanting to join your XBOX trainer team once i get this all figured out.

you can reach me on msn @
    falconsvmuworld@hotmail.com

or aim @
    falconsvmuworld

Thanks
    Falcon3

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast