ModChipFactory

R4Depot

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Originally posted by Kazuya
    Is the jewel on the newer XCM cases the same size as the official Nintendo jewel and are they interchangable?
    The solid color cases have a full size jewel, which can be removed and replaced. The clear ones still have the small jewel, so that you can see the LEDS easily when they are on.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Ick, that crusty PCB is gross. I would send it back.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

animalchin Guest
    just to clarify,the 'full size' jewel, that's the same size as on the stock case right? and can anyone vouch for the basic purple one being a good match for the stock case?

brakken Guest
    I should have a sample of the solid color newly designed jewel xtender case today and will verify the size of jewel and color of case prior to my review for you. Hopefully it will come before 7PM EST so check back after that time.

Jamma14 Guest
    I've got the solid colour case and it is good quality, solid plastic with no noticeable warping and the jewel is v pretty. Only prob was I need to trim the pole thing to fit in my viper. So they obviously haven't taken it out .
    But apart from that a quality case. Would recommend. O and the jewel is normal size, but trust me you won't want to change it.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Moved! #random ramblings to satisfy the fascist post length monitor#
    Last edited by Kaseryn; 09-09-2005 at 07:01 PM. Reason: wrong thread

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaseryn
    I have the solid orange case and yep the jewel is the same size as the stock jewel.. i elected to transfer the original gamecube jewel to the new case by preference and it snaps right in. These cases ROCK. The fit and build quality are awesome.. the trick they've worked out for incorporating the qoob usb pcb into the case solidly is brilliant.. it snaps in and doesnt move at all thereafter. Before this i had to use Piodata ritek dye mini's.. now i've been using full size ridisc [ritek] and every single burn plays.. even some that didnt work on the Piodatas! I like the new way the led is.. the screws are a little tighter than on the old case but thats to be expected on a new one. I got a good chrome vanadium screwdriver off Ebay with the GC shape and they tightened up fine.. no slipping. A lot of the gamebit drivers suck and blunt off quickly. Its pretty much perfect.. i did wonder if the BBA being black would look odd but what with the jewel, cards and controller being the same colour it actually balances great.. 2 tone all over. Do yourself a favour and get one of these.
    It sounds like you are talking about the Xecuter complete case replacement... this is the thread for the Xtender replacement top.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    doh! ur right

Trigger911 Guest
    i just ordered one of these bad boys from diveno i hope it looks good i got the purple clear one because i think it will match better with my black bottem thanx for ur great reviews brakken it realy does help the scene

l8z

Triggz Out

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
    Ick, that crusty PCB is gross. I would send it back.
    tottaly looks odd

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast