ModChipFactory

R4Depot

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
    dootdoo Guest

Lightbulb Tutorials and Faqs brainstorm - submit information and opinions here

Here is what I wrote so far..

It is not complete

please post ANY tips, tricks, hints, offset finds, etc here, They will all be compiled into the tutorial..

Second tutorial is at:
    http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthr...=&threadid=782

Third tutorial is at:
    http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthr...&threadid=2545

Heres a link to _HellDasxS_'s great tutorial:
    http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthr...&threadid=2938 (halfway down)

Here is a link to Xor's great tutorial:
    http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthr...&threadid=3099
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by EgoDeath; 05-21-2005 at 05:41 PM.

dootdoo Guest
    I'm not sure if anyone has completed the tutorial successfully but I am holding off on writing any more guides until I get feedback on the first one so I can better pick a good example (more advanced, easier, more about reading assembly, etc)

So please post feedback, even if its negative so that I know how to improve the documentation, I have some really neat stuff to write up, that I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in.. =)

GNEW Guest
    im a little lost with the telnet part, i go into command prompt type telnet (xbox ip) but if im in a game it doesnt connect, and if i do it in evox than go into a game it disconnects. what am i doing wrong?

angelfly Guest
    make sure IGR and Debug TSR are turned on

GNEW Guest
    do i need a debug bios or somthing, anything special? i cant get on xbxo right now but ill try those settings later tonight and see if it works.

Mclane Guest
    Tutorial is fine although theres one thing I wanted to ask, I was messing around with T3 and found the ammo and continues (didn't spot Kinsfan had done it already :-) )

But the life bar was a little more elusive..

In your tutorial you selected 3 values as being more likely candidates, what was the reasoning behind this before you knew the locations contents.

Normally its spits out vast lists of locations which request a check of but rarely contain a match, sometimes it spits out single locations which are obviously better choices.

Still usnure as to why the value command offers locations that don't match the exact data, unless its just monitoring locations that match the equiv increase or decrease in value regardless of the actual value they hold??

Mclane Guest
    Originally posted by GNEW
    do i need a debug bios or somthing, anything special? i cant get on xbxo right now but ill try those settings later tonight and see if it works.
    You need to have at leat Evox 3921 installed, I use 3935 myself.

Just go into the settings menu from the dashboard and set TSR to debug and IGR's to yes then run Tenet from the run part of the start menu, type o and the IP address of your Xbox while a game is running..

You should see the debugger then..Don't expect anything fancy tho :-)

dootdoo Guest
    I picked those locations by guessing, for some reason 90+% of the time I guess which one(s) to pay attention to when there are hundreds.. The reason some values come up that don't appear to match your search is because those values are changing in between when they were checked and when you looked, on most of them you can do a db on the address a couple of times and you will see that its changing while you db em..

Mclane Guest
    Originally posted by dootdoo
    I picked those locations by guessing, for some reason 90+% of the time I guess which one(s) to pay attention to when there are hundreds.. The reason some values come up that don't appear to match your search is because those values are changing in between when they were checked and when you looked, on most of them you can do a db on the address a couple of times and you will see that its changing while you db em..
    aha..

I did wonder if you knew the memory map so some locations would match but be places that are not usable or just screen ram etc..

PsylinK Guest
    Very good chance that this question has allready been answered....
    But, as far as the telnetting to the Xbox is concerned, I have that down to a fine art. Huge cash in SSX3, Extra lives, yadda yadda... Question is, you refer to IDA Pro, however in the how-to it's said to "open IDA and click on a tab".... with what? Is this IDA for windows, or is there an XBOX version? Whats loaded into IDA? is this the .xbe we're loading into it, or the converted .exe?

Thats the only part I'm stuck on, the rest of the tute was awesome, really made it click for me - I'm looking forward to knowing what to do with the Ida thing so I can start training for the pal people

--Psy.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast