ModChipFactory

R4Depot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MrJibaku Guest
    If someone wont reply to this poor guy I will.

Make sure you download the correct file, some of the guides for this work for some but not all (Didn't work for me on Vista). Download the correct codex here.

http://www.free-codecs.com/Sony_ATRA...c_download.htm

Once you unzip the file there will be the following:
    atrac3.acm
    atrac3.exe
    atrac3.inf
    and
    free-codecs.txt

Run the exe and hit okay and it should come up with a message box saying that the codec was installed.

This is the point where everyone runs to Goldwave and find that the codec doesn't appear in the list. Don't worry, we will make it appear.

Enable windows to allow you to edit the file extensions.

Go to Folder Options in control panel.

Under the View tab there will be Advanced settings, look for "Hide extensions for known file types" That must be UNCHECKED.

Apply this change and now files will have their extensions visible. We did this so we can change the codex file so Goldwave can recognize it.

Goldwave is looking for a .dll file not a .inf file. Make sure you ran the codec exe file, then place the atrac3.inf in the Goldwave directory. Rename the extension of atrac3.inf to atrac3.dll.

BAM it appears in the list now, you win.

vile323 Guest

Lightbulb

whoa, whoa, whoa mrjibaku. i had the exact same problem as lollyroffler had and i ran the exe and showed the file extensions. bam! nothing happened. i started looking at the other files and all i had to do was right click on the .INF file and click Install. that's exactly how it worked for me. and don't say i don't know what i'm talking about cause i got it to work already. i didn't have to put the .inf file in the Goldwave directory at all.

MrJibaku Guest
    Just because something worked for you doesn't mean it will work for everyone. Google SND0 and see how many people can't get the option to appear. There is quite a lot of them. Renaming the file worked for me, and it worked for others. Sharing how will save people some frustration of not getting something to work.

Why is everyone on the internet constantly on the defensive?

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    i have install everything but i cant find the atrac3 file

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Hi, I'm trying to make a at3 file for the game Dissidia to loop, but the game doesn't read it. I figure I did something wrong with the hex edit part. You explanation was a bit vague so I might have done it wrong. I'm using 9.0, and something like this
    img102.imageshack.us/img102/82/83609375ch7.png

By the way, the file is over 1mb, but I don't think that's the problem, as it's a file ingame (bgm folder), and not snd0.at3.

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    thanks! thats worked!!!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts
    Thanks this cleared up some things

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

Thumbs up NCH Soundwave will work

I use NCH SoundWave rather than GoldWave which in my opinion is a better program and it's totally FREE!

Total Thanks Given
    Total Thanks Received
    Total Thanked Posts

meatkibbles

Yes thanks MrJibaku it was driving me mad! Tried installing the codec a number of times but couldn't get it to show up, even tried right-clicking the inf file and installing that way, nothing...but I tried what you said and it didn't quite work, I also had to copy the atrac3.acm file to the Goldwave directory. Finally, success. Thanks, and sorry for the necropost but I just thought I'd share how I got it to work, possibly saving someone else some time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12