hit tracker

3DS To CIA Converter v4.1

Discussion in 'Useful Tools & Tutorials' started by RazorX2014, Nov 6, 2014.

1. 2
    noob24

noob24 Loyal Member

Guyz I am total noob to this expert talk going on here but i am intrested in running 3ds games on my pc coz i do not have a 3DS console
    Razor, I downloaded your Converter but i do not have Xorpads nor do i have any idea were to gt it from........ i have got a 3ds rom off the net and the latest
    build of the Citra emulator but it requires decrypted roms .... now there is a guy on youtube claiming that your software can help me decrypt
    but personally i have no idea what to do and i hardly understand a thing so please help me!!!!!

2. 500
    RazorX2014

RazorX2014 Loyal Member

Computer/Console Repair
    you need a 3ds to dump the xorpads

3. 102
    MrDoctor

MrDoctor Loyal Member

So say someone has a bunch of decrypted 3ds files. Can you go straight to CIA files without the xorpads process?

4. 1
    Swimmy

Swimmy Loyal Member

Hey, I was having some trouble with converting a .3ds file, and was wondering if, perhaps, I was doing something wrong? I would read through the whole thread if it weren't 46 pages, so forgive me if I skimmed the first few pages and skipped the rest. ^^'

I downloaded the 4.1 from the link in the first post, and then copied my .3ds file and the .xorpads into the directory with 3DS to CIA converter.bat. I opened the converter menu, selected option 1. I tried every alternative method (as it tells me to try all of them) and all of them fail to convert the .3ds to a .cia. Any suggestions? I can definitely give you more info if you need.

I also tried to generate ncchinfo.bin, but it seems that the python code for that option does not work properly; it was automatically opened in my editor and it was pointed out that the print statements did nothing and there were a few references to variables that were undefined. I was going to try and go in to fix it, but I figured I'd better ask around in case I had the wrong files or something. :/

I'd hate to spend an afternoon fixing something that there's already a fix for.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  5. 1
    Edward_Elric64

Edward_Elric64 Loyal Member

Ok, i am trying to do this to get 3ds roms for Citra, and i am trying to use Mario and Luigi Dream team, but every time i use #6 (CIA to 3ds) it always comes up with this error saying could not read exheader file! Now i have only tried this rom with this program but i dont know if i need to update the program or not (using win7x64, not a 3ds, as i do not have an sdcard reader in order to homebrew...)
    EDIT: i do not have a micro sd card reader as i have a new 3ds

6. 1
    Thiago Leonhart

Thiago Leonhart Loyal Member

Thankyou Very Much, you save our lives!

7. 1
    emilin_rose

emilin_rose Loyal Member

can someone help a complete noob figure this out?
    I have a 3ds but i can't connect it to my computer. the program wants xorpads but i don't know how to make those.

8. 1
    anglet

anglet Loyal Member

Hi to all!
    I tried to conver a .cia rom to .3ds but I recieve the message : "this is a retail rom you need a repacked one".
    Could you help me?