Announcing Wii U USBHelper

Discussion in 'Underground Nintendo Scene' started by GaryOPA, Jan 25, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Jan 25, 2017 at 12:40 PM
  1. 23,511
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    Finally, a 1-Step Easy Way to Get Your Wii U Digital Games totally for FREE thanks to the kindness of Nintendo's servers!

You all must of hear of Free-eShop for the Nintendo 3DS handheld, well now there is basically the same thing available for the Wii U console!
    [​IMG]
    Nintendo is not going to be very happy about this one, with all the info now out regarding the Wii U console, which first all started with the Brazilian modders figuring out how easy it was to change the 'ticket' system on the Wii U from DISC based to eShop BASED, and then more info leaked out regarding keys, and we started to see CFW installs and more, and then some simple command line tools to mod the 'tickets' to allow games to be installed onto your USB drive with backups ripped from your own Wii U disc drive, but now its even easier to become a full-fledged game pirate on your Nintendo Wii U, thanks to the recent release of the Wii U USB Helper for Windows and soon to be out also for Android devices, you can now thanks to kindness of Nintendo's servers grab all your Wii U games digitally direct from them onto your external USB HDD, and then just plug&play onto your Wii U for tons of FREE entertainment!
    Ok, so since this is MaxConsole UnderGround, I will let you know of (cough) a secret place to get your 'tickets' from: --> https://wiiu.titlekeys.com/ Enjoy! :)

OFFICIAL SITE: Wii U USB Helper

Comments

Discussion in 'Underground Nintendo Scene' started by GaryOPA, Jan 25, 2017.

1. 56
      violentj

violentj Loyal Member

is this all thats needed now then,download via this tool and plug into wiiu or is cwf still needed

2. 89
      cubehacker

cubehacker Loyal Member

Home Page:
      Better late than never with the news ;) The app has both sigpatched "cfw" titles and non cfw titles.

3. 1,432
      IJTF_Cinder

IJTF_Cinder Loyal Member

Home Page:
      You need to launch Homebrew Launcher via whatever method you use (I host my own on my home server, but loadiine.ovh works for me, where as wiiubru.com doesn't work for me).
      Slap HBL 1.3 on an SD Card and give loadiine.ovh a try.
      From there WUPInstaller (Preferably WUPInstaller Y) to install, but aside from that it's pretty much download and go.

violentj likes this.
    4. 56
      violentj

violentj Loyal Member

well after trying all afternoon im still no closer lol,allsorts of errors seems very easy,but the process of crashes and "software not loading"is proving very frustrating

5. 1
      crowdrun

crowdrun Loyal Member

Where's the best place to go to find detailed tutorials on all of this, i'd quite like to give it a go.

6. 1,432
      IJTF_Cinder

IJTF_Cinder Loyal Member

Home Page:
      I had problems with my sd card not being seen properly, and I had to use this to format it and have it work. http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?fat32format.htm
      Exploit would straight up freeze with video player UI on screen, or come up saying something about "fsgetmountsource failed"

Otherwise make sure you've got HBL(elf,xml and png files) @ /wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher

@crowdrun - https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/

7. 56
      violentj

violentj Loyal Member

r that,think i mustth
      thanks for that,think i must have a duff card,just tried that formatter and if anythig if crashes more now with video player,ill get another and try again

8. 641
      soulbwoy

soulbwoy Loyal Member

There are definitely issues with the WiiU and how sd cards are formatted, and alot of the tutorials floating around seem oblivious to this issue. Simply formating with windows/osx wont work. I ended up using two different programs to format my sd card and get it working. Unfortunately I can't remember why I needed both programs. try using the program below in combination with the link provided earlier and make sure to set it to fat32.

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

9. 56
      violentj

violentj Loyal Member

I will try that now,just got new card send used fat 32format, then to wiibru and that process seemed faster,but now I'm faced with the below aaaahgh

Attached Files:

10. 56
      violentj

violentj Loyal Member

well finally got something to install properly, dont think it was fat32 related to be honest,was still having random lockups and crashes until i installed the android selfhosting apk now all seems very smooth no crashes as yet and managed to install something.

11. 775
      TomatOsaUce

TomatOsaUce Ex-Convict Loyal Member

Home Page:
      You are better off using Haxchi, then installing Cold boot Haxchi. (need a DS VC title)
      Then you can load games off USB nice and easy and not have to worry about running a hack first

12. 56
      violentj

violentj Loyal Member

To be honest all games that are now installed all run spot on with no hack needed to run, but not had a crash or lock up self hosting.