Article: Hackers continue their invasion, hit Codemasters

Discussion in 'General Undergound Newz' started by Gloris, Jun 10, 2011.

By Gloris on Jun 10, 2011 at 1:13 PM
  1. 56
    Gloris

Gloris Loyal Member

Comments

Discussion in 'General Undergound Newz' started by Gloris, Jun 10, 2011.

1. 81
      emkoemko

emkoemko Loyal Member

fucked idiots i don't mined when hackers just post fake news like they did on the conservative party but to hack and grab person info. why don't they just hack the site and leave something on it like fake news or a tag but not touch anything and inform them how they did it so they can fix the problem.

2. 837
      uzi

uzi Loyal Member

Home Page:
      just hack a bank and be out

3. 156
      CalaMocha

CalaMocha Loyal Member

Studding
      Indeed, Don't see why you whould want to steal a database just with userdata. I remember the good old days when web-hacking was about putting funny messages and just messing with the webmasters...

4. 25
      litos0214

litos0214 Loyal Member

yawwwn...., these hackers dont impress me actually they are quite a nuisance. these are losers who have nothing better to do but ruin the gaming industry. This is way companys dont give hackers a chance cause fucking idiots like lulsec make **** hard, ...bunch of flies

5. 3,748
      MadonnaProject

MadonnaProject Loyal Member

Hopefully they will bring about an awareness that we are DEFINATELY NOT ready for the digital age in favor of physical media.

billysastard likes this.
    6. 725
      Hamsterman-SWE

Hamsterman-SWE Loyal Member

No the consoles never will be at this raising trend consoles will always have a physical media instead of digital download only. Only if they don't raising the security level on their network.

7. 196
      goodall

goodall Loyal Member

while I can see some peoples points about there being a lot of hacking recently, I tyhink the main thing to realise is that by making this public it gives the attacked company an opportunity to correct the flaws in their security, rather than simply stealing all the DBs and the using the info for identity fraud or credit card purchases and keeping quiet about where the data was leaked from. Hackers are at work all the time, if it weren't for them publicising the exploits, a lot of those exploits would be left unfixed, and things like your web browser would be pretty much wide open to those in the know.

Not to mention all the recent hacks are showing that the companies you trust with your data are neither doing a good job of keeping it safe, nor keeping it limited to non-extraneous data, and that IMO is the big story.

8. 7,336
      ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

Found it quite funny that in the last couple of days Lulzsec won an $10,000 hacking challenge and refused the prize, then today woke up to the news they'd infiltrated the national health service (NHS), praised what they do and notified them of the problem. They also allegedly hacked an affiliate of the FBI?

Anything that puts shame on the governments £2 billion security initiative is worth the lulz. Sony has also made attempts to whitewash the truth today in statements:

And the response:

It's about time these people were given an amnesty and employed, in the future these are the people that will fight the incoming cyber war.

9. 685
      Mchief298

Mchief298 Loyal Member

Pathetic....

10. 965
      John Crichton

John Crichton Loyal Member

I read they caught three psn hackers in spain, they also hacked a spanish bank

11. 5,715
      danight

danight Loyal Member

someone submitted in submit a news section. zues just hasnt posted it yet.

12. 416
      shakoor_h

shakoor_h Loyal Member

You seem to be the only one constantly defending these hackers. They are doing nothing useful and are stealing people's data, if they are going to hack pointlessly for that they should just f*** off. What is the point of hacking Codemasters? Really? Just f*** off and get a job.

13. 7,336
      ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

My intention was not to promote or defend their actions, they can do that for themselves. I created a summary of recent incidents that have not been mentioned as yet as a talking point while pointing out the things that made me laugh along the way. I also took the time to suggest a line of work for them if they do not have jobs already. Can't get better than that!

Sometimes it's easier just to dump info than it is using the news posting panel, this was one of those times.

14. 26,565
      Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Staff Member Clean-Up Crew

Poor codemaster.

15. 8,169
      msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

If they are refusing $80,000 then it seems that a job is not their biggest priority, don't you think?

goodall makes an extremely good point, but I guess it's lost on most kids. All these companies that are so quick to ask for you information are not securing as they should be, and THAT should be the biggest concern about these attacks. If these guys wanted to they could have royally screwed most of us with a PSN, or any sony account. I don't particularly see why they attacked codemasters, but rather than cry at the big bad hackers (notice how not 1 single report of actual misuse of the data has ever arisen) I see that they've pointed out, in a not so stealthy manner, their security is lacking.

Is it right to do what they are doing? No, but as I tell the SDF we won't get anywhere b*tching at them (hackers), it's much more constructive to demand that these companies protect our data properly... they make the money, so they are to be held accountable.

Also, let's not make it seem like these guys are the same as someone who is trying to get homebrew running on a console. It's 2 very different processes and 2 very different mindsets, so let's stop spreading more ignorance.

16. 4,436
      JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

Hmmm if I could pick the next target for a hacking... I would pick something more fun.

I would like to see some old style hacking like back in the day.

I actually watched this live when it happened (interrupted Dr. Who damn it! but it was funny as hell.)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2016
    17. 7,336
      ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

Sorry, I failed it was actually $10,000. "Hacking Challenge: Change this website's homepage picture and win $10K and a position working with Senior Cybersecurity Advisor, Joe Black." http://www.blackbergsecurity.us/ obviously not since it came with a job as well :D

Agree, goodall makes a good point. These groups have become the independent security testing services businesses should have been paying for already. I suspect the data has been misused somewhere but then I have been subjected to nine breaches in the space of six months.

On Codemasters I can't see why they deserved this or why they were a target, I don't believe it was right to do so.

I agree both that it isn't right and that more needs to be done. If they're not going to subject their systems to scrutiny, now there's a chance someone else will do it for them in public. That should be the pressure they need to change though, not the lesson :)

As for the last comment that was for the lulz I'm afraid, I'm not suggesting that at all. Keeping the sense of humour is better than getting annoyed over leaks we can do nothing about. :D

18. 7,336
      ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

That was creepy but not unlike what I wanted to happen on the big screen at E3.

19. 1,405
      unwanted

unwanted Loyal Member

why dont hackers do something a bit more constructive with their skillz... how about hack the people that try to get peoples person details by sending spam, spoofing emails (also add to the list companies that send junk email)... now if you hacked those people that would be worthy of praise from everyone...