Article: Microsoft doesn't sue hackers, it works with them

Discussion in 'General Undergound Newz' started by osnoozeo, May 30, 2011.

By osnoozeo on May 30, 2011 at 4:03 PM
  1. 449
    osnoozeo

osnoozeo Loyal Member

Comments

Discussion in 'General Undergound Newz' started by osnoozeo, May 30, 2011.

1. 888
      wewii

wewii Loyal Member

Nurture how?

00-360 - License to Hack? :confused:

LOL:p

2. 5,609
      Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
      Its no point in sueing a 14 year old anyway, or anyone who most likely can never pay $ for their "crimes".

3. 21
      kyjoe9

kyjoe9 Loyal Member

sue this kids parents! parents need to disipline their kids!

4. 83
      Clxmj

Clxmj Loyal Member

Home Page:
    5. 725
      Hamsterman-SWE

Hamsterman-SWE Loyal Member

Well either way nobody got sued, that's a good thing in this story. However if this was sony that would be a another story.;)

6. 26,565
      Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Staff Member Clean-Up Crew

Yeah, yeah.

7. 5,715
      danight

danight Loyal Member

I know its old but still funny. :p

http://mobile.techcores.com/2011/01/microsoft-endorses-windows-phone-jailbreaking/
      Microsoft is a trip if nothing else. At the time when sony wanted geohots head on a stick. Microsoft wanted to give him a free phone. I wonder if he ever emailed them?

8. 8,169
      msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

Yeah I don't think ms is going to be handing out applications to anybody that does a glitch in call of duty... for what I hear the entire game is one big glitch. Seriously though, IF the hack was something more sophisticated I don't doubt ms would reach out to the person, or at the very least try to figure out how it happened, and stop it on the technical level... as opposed to some other company who shall remain nameless.

9. 59
      HyperG

HyperG Loyal Member

Home Page:
      If you come off ignorant then of course they will not want to work with anyone... anyone intelligent in breaking programs to doing what you shouldn't is always a benefit for a company to have.

10. 174
      DrEggman

DrEggman Loyal Member

Home Page:
      Have we all forgotten hacker history with MS?! The Xbox 1 alone...
      -_-

11. 1,405
      unwanted

unwanted Loyal Member

nurture the kid's talents to cheat? so when are companies gonna use anti cheat servers and software for their games... little kids that hack games to cheat wreck online games...

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2011
    12. 449
      osnoozeo

osnoozeo Loyal Member

i mean the whole thing was handled alot better than sony, Ever handled any of there ****! also ive mentioned it atleast 20times, but on the front page ceo of sony doesnt know y they were attacked! lol!!!

13. 79
      iTz FiNaL

iTz FiNaL Loyal Member

14. 6,199
      Retroboy

Retroboy Banned MaxConsole Troll BANNED FOREVER

I sell online ads for a living, but love to compla
      Jolly Old England, The Land of the Trolls
      Home Page:
      even if it was true, theres a BIG difference in hacking a game not owend by MS and someone hacking MS software, like sony did with hackers hacking its FW.

the fact is that hackers was hacking the fw and releasing it to the public, the fact that sony kept blocking the hacks and the hackers kept hacking, end of the day its sonys company if they choose to stop hackers through courts thats upto them.

the only people who has a problem with this are the fanboys who love to hate sony regardless and those who hate sony because theyre blocking the hacks.

end of the day i have a ps3 with cfw because i choose to have it, but i dont cry because sony do not want to support it. why should they.

15. 416
      shakoor_h

shakoor_h Loyal Member

QFT. I don't see why other people don't understand this. Sony shouldn't support hackers, if they did their publishing partners would be pissed, it is natural for a company to protect it's product, if you want to hack it, it's up to you, but if you release all the info to the public on your blog, AND you were dumb enough not to stay anonymous, what do you expect?

16. 6,199
      Retroboy

Home Page:
      funny to see that someone else out there can see this.

instead we see anything sony related the fanboys start bashing them, (more recently because of sony stoping hackers hacking the ps3) making up facts that arent 100% true and kick off when you try saying this to them.

We get it, you hate sony, you dont have to keep telling us in every single topic, if you dont like sony, why are you in the topics?

17. 8,169
      msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

Well I'm quite sure the publishers, investors, their grandmas' are much happier with the way sony handled the situation and the way things played out :rolleyes:

It's not a matter of "supporting" hackers, but coming off your high horse and admiting when you've been had and acting like mature people. Instead of going all "SUE THE INTERNETSSS... DO YOU HEAR ME? SUUUUUEEEE THE INTERNETSSSS" they should have taken the time to learn what was wrong, and fix it. Scary tactics will not work on everybody.

What I don't understand is how some of you can still defend sony's actions, not because it goes against hackers, not because you don't hate them, but because the facts have proven that their actions were WRONG! You tell me, what good came of resorting to the courts? the saying "adding fuel to the fire" holds very true in this case.

All in all, even if MS were to hire some kid for hacking we all should understand that they wouldn't normally want that info leaking because it's one thing to make a business decision of working with someone you rather have as an ally than an enemy, and quite another to paint a bulls-eye on yourself and shout "If you can hit me, I'll pay you"

LOL! the way you can totally block out reality is mesmerizing... or sad... or disgusting... maybe all 3, but probably more disgusting than anything else. Oh and hey... you do remember the PSN was utterly violated right?... wait a second, you're clueless, stringer is clueless... you have an undying love for sony... stringer looks to have some "weird" needs.... .... I rather not delve deeper into this.

18. 0
      wiggim

wiggim Guest

Well - first no one ACTUALLY hacked the PS3 firmware. Granted the PS3jailbreak was kind of a hack used as a stepping stone - but more of an exploit of a USB library sony used (outdated of course)
      The 'hackers' simply got sonys private signing key by doing algebra, with really big numbers. Unlike every other gaming console ever released (aside from cartridge and DC games) the console required a standard USB stick to be hacked. This was only because the PS3 don't just 'run' things, they need to be installed. If there was a way to do this from a retail console a CFW would have never appeared.

On to the point - Sony could have hired the hackers to use their knowledge to protect against future hacks, patch the current hacks, or use their knowledge from OTHER companies (which sony LOVES) to improve theirs. This isn't exactly supporting them, rather its investing in your companys assets. If someone who has no formal knowledge of your product can make it do the one thing you try to diligently to prevent, Its likley wise not to cross them.

Any software developer should encourage you to find exploits, flaws, problems or oversights in their software so it can be improved. No other gaming company has raided and sued tinkerers of their devices but sony. They made it clear they do NOT want that to happen, and we all know where it lead them.

19. 6,199
      Retroboy

Home Page:
      ok

so please state exactly whats wrong, someone hacks your software/product you as a company has no legal right to stop them? ohhh wait no in your blinded world companys MUST work with hackers, erm why when sony can stop them with a update, the fact remains that hacker would have then hacked the next update ect ect ect.

so what do you do, keep blocking the hacker or attack the hacker and take him out the picture???

end of the day your still crying because sony sued, so what, its upto them how they act against hackers, the fact remains the PS3 isnt wide open to piracy like the 360 and wii, and i sometimes wonder if this is why so many of you are crying...

end of if sony sue hackers, it doesnt affect you, so whats the big deal??