Article: Sony: Hackers just want our games for free

Discussion in 'General Undergound Newz' started by Zeus, Jun 29, 2011.

By Zeus on Jun 29, 2011 at 3:15 PM
  1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team Staff Member MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:

Comments

Discussion in 'General Undergound Newz' started by Zeus, Jun 29, 2011.

1. 6
      Erikih

Erikih New Member Loyal Member

No, we want Linux back on our ps3's.

2. 1,199
      DanASBO

DanASBO New Member Loyal Member

Bollocks. Pirates pirate. Hackers hack.

3. 764
      dwrecording

dwrecording Member Loyal Member

That is like cell phones. I hack my cell phone so it will run faster. Not so i can get free games.

4. 0
      ando2k5

ando2k5 Guest

your not essentially hacking though

someones already done the work for you your merely copying it

5. 122
      HyperTech

HyperTech New Member Loyal Member

wrong, hacker dont want your freaking game for free, they dont give a $hit of your game. all they want is challenge and get back our previously paid feature that has been removed with mandatory update.

one easy rule to folow is, you dont remove of alter a feature that you previously sold to someone, even if you THINK nobody use it.

the only personne that want your game for free is the poeple that cant even afford a ps3.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2011
    6. 53
      dazbobaby

dazbobaby New Member Loyal Member

Home Page:
      No, you were hacked because your security was poor, so poor even I, a non-technical person could have hacked your servers in less than 1 hour.
      You were targeted because you not only wanted to control your games, you also wanted to control everything we do with our own equipment. Wake up Sony, being blinkered will only hinder you to the truth... You are a greedy, controlling, manipulative corporation.

I can understand you want to prevent piracy, but nothing that Geogot and friends did enabled that, yet you still wanted to screw them, and anyone who even visted a youtube video.

7. 5
      Marshcroft

Marshcroft New Member Loyal Member

I just cant get over the total stupidity of the People and PR that Sony keeps throwing out to the public. It is almost as if they are just being begged by any hacking community to take them out again.:confused:

8. 818
      WoIverine

WoIverine Active Member Loyal Member

Sony Sony Sony, when will you ever learn? Get ready for another wave of PSN downtime people. LOL, my god they're so stupid, they deserve another LulzSec torpedo just for good measure.

9. 965
      John Crichton

John Crichton New Member Loyal Member

Tried a pc?

10. 144
      vishvender

vishvender New Member Loyal Member

So you want crippled and outdated Linux on your ps3? 256MB ram doesn't really help. PS3 linux was always a joke.

11. 0
      wiggim

wiggim Guest

Seems like you want a UI with video output and a kb/mouse...
      Didn't know ubuntu 11.04 was outdated, and 256MB ram + RSX access = smooth experience
      the 'hacker' implementation is quite nice for the available hardware. Sony only removed it because they were losing money...no security issues were at fault, geohot just happened to line up nicely for an excuse.

Sony's implementation wasn't a joke- but it wasn't useful as a desktop environment, which you would think the majority of PS3 owners would do on their HDTV. Due to their cheapness compared to renting cell processing servers from IBM..

Hackers want the raw number-crunching ability, and a network connection to ssh or telnet into. Not something to watch movies on or browse facebook

12. 8,169
      msanchez

msanchez New Member Loyal Member

Yes I'm sure graf just wants to play free ps3 games... Sweet Lord these guys always exceed my expectations with their stupid statements. Are there people that just want free games? yes I don't think we can deny that, but F*CK YOU SONY! you screwed us all merely based on your cynicism. Free games? Do these flipping idiots thinks that someone that goes through all that trouble was going to buy their sorry excuse for game anyways? Good job pissing off paying customers to get rid of non-paying customers a-holes.

... Oh if only somebody would knock down the PSN permanently. Instead of worrying about pirates, worry bout the quality of your games, and keeping your customers happy (and I'm not talking about the SDF cause as long as it's sony they'll give up their virginity, or even their kids virginity).

After all that's happened they still DON'T GET IT!

[​IMG]

13. 5,715
      danight

danight New Member Loyal Member

Actually they did get to play games for free. Sony offered free games as a welcome back gift. The shady thing is sony added the cost of those free games into the estimate of damages the hackers caused. So its not really a free gift if its being charged off to hackers.

Now the father of the ps3 crazy ken is retiring. Probably forced. Kaz is being promoted (probably the best choice) and stringer and trenton are still hiding and denying.

14. 7,336
      ThreeDog

ThreeDog New Member Loyal Member

I agree with you. An added benefit is that Kazuo has viral marketing potential and could actually be one of the most recognisable faces behind the Playstation brand. When he gets to the point of CEO they should use him in advertising along with Kevin Buttler.

Envision Kevin sitting on the Sofa playing Vita. Kazuo Hirai walks into the living room and asks Kevin what he's playing. Kevin begins screaming it's RIDGE RACER! RIDGE RACERRRRRRRR!!! A packshot of Ridge Racer flies up on the screen followed by a blast of Ridge Racer, Kaz says It's Ridge Racer. I guarantee sales of the game will go through the roof.

15. 0
      MicroNut

MicroNut Guest

No they dont. They are still in Tactical denial. lol
      Yes they did...

Please dont forget that Geohot's Glitch hack required special hardware
      and software using firmware 3.15 (the latest firmware at the time)

A rough history after the Glitch hack was revealed.
      -OtherOS Removed.
      -A lot of customers really pissed off.
      -Someone else entirely releases the first AVR/Dongle service jig hack and charges for it. (enabling Warez)
      -Sony quietly finds and sues the crap of him. (an under reported story imho)
      -Sony quietly finds Graf, has the cops raid his home and take all his stuff...
      -Geohot releases PS3 root key, posting it directly on the www.
      (after reversing it using f0f and Graf's data... keeps the NPDRM keys for himself)
      -Geohot releases warez locked CFW (using NPDRM keys)
      -Sony finds GeoHot and sues him into PS3 oblivion.
      -Sony has the cops raid Graf's home and take all his stuff... again. (my fracking Hero!)
      -Anonymous and friends bring down the house...
      -Not a single pirate busted.

16. 3,798
      iLLNESS

iLLNESS New Member Loyal Member

HV Industrial Electrician, Mechanic + Emergency Re
      im curious if you own a car, or a tv, or a cellphone, or even a toothbrush.

wouldnt it just suck if you bought any of these items one day, then the next the auto manufacturer limited your rpms by half or removed 1/4 of the radio stations you listened to. all because someone was working on a way to 'tune' the engines ecu through the radio.
      or 1/4 of your channels were removed from the tv, or 1/4 of the resolution was dropped. hell, what if the remote was disabled because there was some random guy working on an exploit to take advantage of the power of the tv.
      perhaps the cellphone you own had the contact list removed or the web browser disabled because someone used those items to 'hack' into your phone and steal your data.
      even the toothbrush. maybe oralb decided you only needed half of the handle because someone figured out how to file it down to a shiv and hurt someone.

it doesnt matter if you use the features, or want them. they were there when you purchased the items. quit being such a blind person and atleast understand that. it REALLY isn't hard. people out there wanted the feature, and it was removed. who the **** cares otherwise.

you should do all these companies a favor and just tell them to come to you when they want to sign some contracts. after about 2 months you probably wont care what happens with the contract anyways so its a big win for that company.

17. 4,436
      JonathanD

JonathanD New Member Loyal Member

I would agree with Sony except... I have my PS3 hacked, I could play almost all the games out for the PS3. The most interesting thing coming for hacked PS3 phats? Being able to load my old PS1/PS2 games off of the hard drive and play those. Honestly I did download one game for the PS3 and that was out of curiosity to compare it to the PC version which I bought. Other then that the 5 or 6 PS3 games I was interested in I bought. On the note of the PS3 game? It compared pretty good considering I don't a keyboard or mouse for it, I played it for a few hours then deleted it. Hacked PS3's work great for media playback (much better then the media playback on a non hacked PS3) Emulators run fantastic, you can play all 3.55 and some newer games with patches if you wanted too, install Linux back and have that fully functional even better then what Sony offered. The trade off is that you lose PSN and all its associated goodies, some newer games you cannot play at all.The great news for hackers is that work is being done to get the latest firmware hacked and so those hacked consoles will be back on PSN (I probably will not bother since 3.55 does everything I want it to.)

18. 8,169
      msanchez

msanchez New Member Loyal Member

I really can't understand why, just WHY that is so hard to understand. Even if it is hard to understand, I don't see why some feel the need to come to sony's aid whenever somebody says anything about the removal of OtherOS. If sony says they will add a smell-o-vision output to the ps3, as useless as I think it will be, I won't complain about it. Why should I? The same way, us asking for linux even if it is useless to all of you... hell it's useless even to some of us demanding it back, it doesn't affect any of you in anyway.... oh that's right, some people actually believe sony had to remove it to add other features... LOL! I wonder which is funnier believing that, or that they did it for security reasons (after all the hardware that's been leaked, and the whole PSN fiasco, it's obvious sony has no clue what the word security means)

I still think the ones losing thanks to that scenario are sony, I spent more money than I care to admit on impulse buys on the PSN... so in a way thanks sony, I have more money for beer thanks to you :D

19. 146
      Vik Abominae X

Vik Abominae X New Member Loyal Member

Sorry, but you can't compare Other OS removal (a minor side-addition to the PS3's capabilities at launch likely included so that they could categorize the PS3 as a PC and not a toy in Europe) to "losing 1/4 of your TV channels"...maybe if those TV channels were odd, highly technical stations that only 1 in 1,000,000 people even knew were part of your TV package and that you had to have technical knowledge to even access...and that each individual user had to download and install the package for off the internet on a separate PC, and install command-line.... Same thing with all of the other bullshit comparisons...Other OS was a tacked-in thing that was half-disabled from the get-go anyway! It wasn't like Sony had a fresh copy of Linux included pre-loaded on the PS3 in the retail box. It was a side note of "if you get a distribution of Linux and find out how to go through the command prompt installation procedures, it is physically possible to install a legal, half-crippled version of Linux for demonstration purposes on this machine".

The PS3's Other OS mode didn't even allow RSX access from Linux. It was a crippled feature just included to meet a government/political classification criteria. I love when people wax poetic about how it is some GRAND feature that was STRIPPED AWAY! Woe to the consumers, as we have lost one of the primary and greatest things that the PS3 could do! Complete bullshit. Everyone just jumped on the bandwagon because it is cool to hate Sony and, yes, because hacking the PS3 gets you free games...

By the way, 3.55 and all of the other CFWs have been out for around a year now, right? Where is the 3.55 CFW Homebrew that has nothing to do with piracy? All I see are emulators (as much as they are awesome and great and allow you to play stuff that is otherwise virtually unavailable, they are still ILLEGAL and PIRACY! Emulated ROMs that you did not personally rip from the cartridge/disc that you currently own are still PIRATED GAMES), loaders (all they load is illegal content - again, if the copy you have was not personally ripped and a copy of software that you purchased and still own, it is illegal), and security circumvention.

There is almost NO real PS3 Homebrew that doesn't have its roots in some form or another of piracy or security circumvention...even your precious "restore Linux/Other OS" idea goes BEYOND the scope of what the original Other OS did, and enables RSX access which is not what Sony wanted. They disabled RSX access for reasons of their own, which likely entailed, that Other OS was never meant to be anything more than a tool to get European classification as a PC and not a toy.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2011