Best games ...ever?

Discussion in 'Computers / PC Gaming / Support Corner' started by Gamba, Aug 19, 2011.

1. 548
    sabin1981

sabin1981 Agent Sparrow Loyal Member

Home Page:
  2. 229
    Gamba

Gamba Loyal Member

Wow, I never ever knew that Demakes existed. Will check this out for sure. Anyway, I've just recently finished Heavy rain and.. Oh my God. This game is simply phenomenal in its own right. Folks, you've got to play this game. You have to. The story is so engrossing, the gameplay simple yet challenging (especially at the end ;) and the music/soundtrack sublime. Seriously, this game has got me thinking, guessed, and I, really, felt that every decision were important/crucial (to the point of stressing really bad ). There's a lot of plot-twist and a lot of ''Oh my god, this can't be real'' to it.

Pirate this baby or buy it or rent it. Really, do yourself a favor and get this game immediately.

This game is seriously one of the best games I've played in my life and I am even not saying this lightly.

3. 548
    sabin1981

Home Page:
    Absolutely agree 100% --like I said, Heavy Rain is the game I bought my PS3 for. Nothing else.

4. 68
    Mack

Mack Loyal Member

Industrial Electrician
    I am going to have to go with Super Mario RPG on The Snes and All The Paper Mario Games for most of the nintendo consoles :D Hopefully they make more of these in the future.

5. 229
    Gamba

Gamba Loyal Member

Wow! Yep, it's a gem. I am playing ATM Indigo prophecy from the same developer and really, it's really good. Total different story thought, really dark. Although I'm 1/4 way on it, it's really freaky and if you haven't check it out, it's on PC. The only bad thing I can pinpoint now is the control -- other than that it looks like a really good game :).

On another hand, I've recently finished MGS4 and oh boy, I'm a huge sucker for the MGS series but this one, in term of story almost takes the cake. It's really one of the best ps3 games out there. I urge anyone to play the MGS series and MGS4. The storyline is one of the most deepest storyline on any game I've played (except maybe for Planetscape Torment) but I beg anyone to play this gem.

On a light note, I've finished L.A Noire and I was, to be honest, really suprised (in a good way). This game is really ' a breath of fresh air ' so-sort to speak. It's a great game -- the voice acting is phenomenal. The storyline is so intriguing. Makes you guess a lot and act a lot. The soundtrack is awesome. The atmosphere, dear lord, the atmosphere is simply amazing. A lot of plot-twist, full of ''omg that can't be real'' moments. I was suprised because I thought the game was overhyped/overrated and thought also that it was, like many people said, a GTA4 game. But really, it's not. And although you are a detective, the game doesn't really help you much so you've got to be wise. I swear I thought this game would be easy in term but boy was I wrong.

TL;DR : Play LA NOIRE/MGS4/Indigo Prophecy

6. 548
    sabin1981

Home Page:
    Aye, we call it "Fahrenheit" over here and it's made by Quantic Dream, one of my favourite studios. Fahrenheit is an absolutely GODLY game, with a fantastic story, outstanding voice acting and enjoyable gameplay. I've had the PC version since it was released =) QD also have another game prior to Fahrenheit called "Omikron - The Nomad Soul" which is a third-person action/adventure game with massive freeform gameplay. You can't "die" per-se, instead your soul simply inhabits another body, you can BE anyone and go anywhere. I especially loved the David Bowie/Reeves Gabrels in-game concert ;)

7. 229
    Gamba

Gamba Loyal Member

Wow, insane I didn't know about that. By the way, I've heard that they won't be doing a sequel (Heavy Rain 2). Sucks, do you have any clue on what they are workin' on? Honestly, they should implement the L.A noire face recognition technology into their upcoming game. I'm not saying it was bad in anyway (pretty much EXCELLENT) but the facial recognition technology implemented on L.A noire is simply as real as it can get.

:) Thanks for the informative post sabin by the way

8. 548
    sabin1981

Home Page:
    You're right; they're not doing a sequel to Heavy Rain. David Cage has long said that HR is a contained story and that they don't intend to carry on with it... even the original DLC/side-along expansions have been put on hold, after The Taxidermist, though this was more the fault of Sony than QD - Sony forced QD to put their DLC work on hold in order to add support for the Move controller. HR was supposed to be THE game to shift the Move. It's a shame, but at least there wasn't a cliff-hanger or any major unanswered questions. HR is a full game in its own right - and, to be honest, Cage even said that it was *meant* to only be played once. Repeated plays kill the magic and the vision, he said.

Pretty radical stuff from an extremely radical company.

As for what else they're doing? Working on Infraworld, last I heard. It's been in development for years now and already cancelled once, heh. A lot of fans are still screaming for QD to get back to work on Omikron 2, which was announced a long-ass time ago but then heard nothing from since.

9. 68
    Mack

Mack Loyal Member

Industrial Electrician
    Heavy Rain was for sure my favorite PS3 game , man that game was on a whole new level. Loved it!

10. 4,100
    gDrive

gDrive Not Your Mommas Tranny Staff Member Clean-Up Crew

Home Page:
    THAT, and for me, Metal Gear Solid 4!

I heard the Uncharted series is critically acclaimed as well so I will try it out.

11. 229
    Gamba

Gamba Loyal Member

What a shame. Really. I hope they are at least going to announce something really soon. They have the talent -- hopefully theyll be more ''open'' about their games and start listening to their fan.

12. 4,100
    gDrive

Home Page:
    Sorry to resurrect this thread :p - but I felt that I had to resurrect this thread simply because I wanted to ask you what games you have played this year (2012) so far that has grabbed your attention up to the point that you've decided to play it and you would consider it to be (one of) your favorite game(s).

13. 506
    AlbedoAtoned

AlbedoAtoned Loyal Member

Am I the only one here that likes Majora's mask more than Ocarina? Ocarina is a good game, I just enjoy MM more and play it a heck of a lot more.

Here is my breakdown.
    Nes - Legend of Zelda / Zelda 2/Super Mario 3/ super mario bros.
    Snes - Super Mario RPG / A Link to the Past/ Terranigma/ illusion of gaia
    N64 - Majora's mask / Ocarina/ paper mario/ super mario 64
    Gamecube - zelda/paper mario thousand year door/ fire emblem/ resident evil 0
    wii - skyward sword/ fire emblem/ super smash bros brawl/ tales of symphonia dawn of the new world
    gb - Zelda Link's awakening/ pokemon red
    gbc - Zelda Oracle games (both) / pokemon crystal
    gba - Zelda minish cap / Fire emblem
    ds -
    ps1 - Megaman legends 2/xenogears/ final fantasy 8/ digimon world 3
    ps2 final fantasy 10/ xenosaga 3/ okami/ jak 3
    ps3 - bioshock 2 / infamous 2/ uncharted 2/ nier
    360 - Alan Wake/ Crackdown
    Genesis - Sonic 3 & Knuckles/ Sonic 2/ Sonic 1
    3ds - All I have is Ocarina 3d

14. 4,100
    gDrive

Home Page:
    Nope you're not the only one AlbedoAtoned! I even enjoy Majora's Mask a lot more than Ocarina of Time, mainly because of the scenery and the fact that I found it more challenging than Ocarina of Time.

[hr][/hr]
    Speaking of favourite games so far in 2012, I'm currently on Level 21 (Gurak Warship) in The Last Story, and in actual fact, this was the only game out of the Operation Rainfall trio of games that I was actually looking forward to before I have decided to give Xenoblade Chronicles a try - to be honest though, I prefer The Last Story over Xenoblade Chronicles so far - I'm also gonna check out Pandora's Tower out when it comes out in April

15. 1
    Andrewu

Andrewu Loyal Member

I used to this game very much in my childhood. I had been spending most my hours to ply this game. Insist point for child.Lolz..

16. 13,441
    billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Home Page:

nonsense post...... check
    bumping a retro thread...... check
    first post..... check

hello mr spambot.

EllioneDHunter, gDrive and retro4ever like this.
  17. 13,441
    billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Home Page:
    welcome to the dustbin of history (this thread was from 2011)

some decent choices there though.

i'll add a few..

nes
    little sampson
    bubble bobble 2
    startropics

snes
    the enix/quintet souls trilogy (soulblazer, illusion of gaia, teranigma)
    earthbound
    chrono trigger
    zelda: link to the past.

18. 2
    Kinectgamer

Kinectgamer Loyal Member

For PS 4 , I would love to play "Tomb Rader". In Xbox Kinect, I'm addicted to Dance Central.

19. 6
    Marina_Lovering

Marina_Lovering Loyal Member

I always love to play Super Mario Bros. and Final Fantasy VII.