Bricked N2 elite

Discussion in 'Official 'N^2 Elite' Support Forum' started by Agge, Apr 4, 2017.

1. 6
    Agge

Agge Loyal Member

Recently bought a N2 elite It worked fine for 3 days and then suddenly when I changed from one character to one other it died.

It don't show up on my switch or on my phone at all.
    I think that somthing made the rfid chip die.

Anyone have any ideeas if it is posible to fix?

I have alredy contacted cymods but have not goten any responces from them yet.

2. 13
    NoobGW

NoobGW Loyal Member

Send e-mail to the n2elite.com, they will notice the site to reply you.

3. 6
    Agge

Agge Loyal Member

Do you have a email adress I can only find the tech@ adress on the site.

4. 6
    AltxF4

AltxF4 Loyal Member

Hey Agge, did you ever find a solution? I am having the same problem on my 2nd N2 in a row.

5. 6
    Agge

Agge Loyal Member

Hi AltxF4.

Sorry haven't found any ways to get if working again. I might have some ideas about why it died in the first place.

Do you know what bin file you ware using when it died? My theories right now is that it is ether overheating or a corrupt bin file.

6. 6
    AltxF4

AltxF4 Loyal Member

I actually just found out something interesting. By using my really old Galaxy S3, I was able to scan the N2 with the app, and see it was stuck on a bank that I could only assume was corrupt in some way that the device had a hard time being scanned ( I assume the newer protocols used by the switch and the S7 prevent the tag from being read), that the older protocols of the S3 allowed the tag to be scanned. Even after deleting the bin in that particular bank, it would always get caught up again on that bank even with a different bin.

7. 4
    ACECO

ACECO Loyal Member

Can you "tab" or "click" past that "corrupt bank" if you have nothing in it when using it with the wiiu or switch? Or does everything come to a screeching halt once you are using the N2 elite and you get to that bank with your Wii U or switch? Or can the switch and wiiu still not access it but the Samsung s3 can? Got a friend with the issue and am tryin to get some info for him. Thanks.

8. 6
    Agge

Agge Loyal Member

Hm it is interesting that it showed up on your S3.
    I know that they have been changing the chips used for NFC in phones lately so it might be that the older chip is less effected by problems.
    I will se if I can find my old S4 and test if it can resurrect one of my bricked units.

9. 6
    AltxF4

AltxF4 Loyal Member

AECO, on mine my switch acts as if I am not even scanning anything. pressing the button to switch does nothing.

10. 4
    ACECO

ACECO Loyal Member

Is the n2 unit unlocked? Cuz mine actually just arrived earlier today and mine works fine when it's "locked". But as soon as I unlock it it isn't detectable by my Switch. So I had to put it back on my USB rw module and lock it, then it worked.

11. 4
    ACECO

ACECO Loyal Member

I'm trying to compare how mine works to my buddies who said he has a problem but he had to snatch his back from me to tinker with it so i just know what mine does as of now.

12. 6
    Agge

Agge Loyal Member

Just tested with the 3 st n2 elite that was bricked and my old Galaxy S4 could see them and change the active bank.
    After changing the active bank I could edit it on my P6 nexus and after I remoed the bad bank the tag worked perfectly.

It looks like the Broadcom BCM20794 (S4) and NXP PN544 (S3) is more compatible with the n2 elite then NXP 67T05 (S7) and NXP PN548 (6P)

After I removed the bad bin and added a new one I could move past it without any problms.

13. 6
    Agge

Agge Loyal Member

14. 6
    AltxF4

AltxF4 Loyal Member

Glad to see that worked for you Agge!