Chaitin Tech to discuss & maybe release PS4 Exploit at Zer0Con

Discussion in 'Underground PlayStation Scene' started by GaryOPA, Mar 11, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Mar 11, 2017 at 10:18 AM
  1. 23,894
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    5lipper from @ChaitinTech will discuss his PS4 hacking experience at Zer0Con on April 13/14 in South Korea.

The Chinese Team Chaitin Tech, which became world famous after demo'ing their pwning of PlayStation 4 firmware v4.01 running Linux and playing Mario in an emulator at GeekPwn'16 are now talking at another upcoming exploit conference called Zer0Con.
    [​IMG]
    Rumor is they are going to discuss and possibly release their PS4 Exploit at this conference, now of course will it be the same v4.01 one that is now blocked by Sony as per their agreement for winning the contest at GeekPwn'16, or will it be an updated v4.50 one, no one knows, and we may never know as Zer0Con is an 'CLOSED CONFERENCE' with only 120 private invited guests and some speakers, and like before if its anything new, they most likely have already informed Sony about it, as they an 'security research team' only out for e-Fame!

5lipper.png

OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://zer0con.org/#services-section

NEWS SOURCE: @vangelis_at_POC (via) Twitter

Comments

Discussion in 'Underground PlayStation Scene' started by GaryOPA, Mar 11, 2017.

1. 454
      STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Loyal Member

Title Reads?
      Chaitin Tech to discuss/release PS4 Exploit at Zer0Con

but then body of the article says this:
      Rumor is they are
      going to discuss and possibly release their PS4 Exploit

A bit misleading title there (hell at least put "?" mark at the end)..... Basically you read this and you can say its speculation at best but hey gets some clicks right.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    2. 23,894
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      Not much is know, except what is on their site: - Btw, title been updated, and i never been into clicks, it does nothing for me or the site, just sometimes i am too quick on headline, and i am limited in number of chars. also for it. :)

Hopefully one of the invited 120 guests will leak what is disclosed if anything. -- But so far it sounds like it will be similar to marcan style ccc lightning talk, just alot of 'info' but nothing too detailed to help noobies out in figuring it out, and I doubt it will be anything pass v4.01 that they demo'ed before. :)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    3. 454
      STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Loyal Member

Its misleading the way you wrote the title, Your title suggest a release is coming but NO details suggest that. (get tired of the click-bait mentality )

Edit: Now changed i see to "maybe" which is better then it was.