[CLASSIC][TUTORIAL] How to play new ISOs without umd inserted

Discussion in 'PSP Newbie Corner & Tutorials' started by Escultor, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 0
    Escultor

Escultor Guest

Hey dudes, here it's am easy tutorial to play at new games without umd inserted into the PSP (ideal if you have broken the umd drive):

1-Copy RunUmd Patched to MS./PSP/GAME/RunUmd/ (where MS is your memory stick), giving yes everything when it asks to us if we want to overwrite the data. (You can find it in this post --->http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=23578&page=5 :D )

2- Copy the "X" folder to MS:/ (From any old RunUmd loader)

3-Start the Devhook 0.4xx and we formed the following options (always they will be equal):
    Press circle and play !!

Important: This metod does not load all the games, but the majority if. In addition, in some cases one loses the function save and/or wifi, but enough they work to the 100%. The Devhook is not included 0.4xx because almost every day new update leaves a version/and this method works from 0.42b. This method is compatible with the normal one of Reboot XMB to play with umd inserted, does not annul it.
    In order to play with ISOs older (Umdemulator, MPH) without umd inserted you can use the Devhook Evolved, previous version of present devhook. For the ISOs which they worked with RunUmd, this method also works, but with less compatibility.

Compatibility new ISOS list: (by the moment)
    - Fifa street 2
    -Me and my katamary
    -Tenchu
    -Micromachines v4
    -Tekken Dark Resurretction
    -LocoRoco (Retail)
    - Pirates of the Caribbean 2 (patched Iso)
    - Juiced Eliminator
    -Tomb Raider Legends
    -DBZ Full OST
    -Fifa world cup 2006
    -Crash tag team Racing EUR FULL
    -Valkyrie Profile
    -Ghost'n'Goblins
    -Mai Hime
    -Love Finder
    -Blade Dancer
    -Bomberman portable
    -Nana
    -Marvel Rise of the Imperfects
    -Lisa to Issho ni Tairiku Oudan JAP
    -Magna Carta Portable

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2006
  2. 563
    Ooops

Ooops New Member Loyal Member

Edit: no more relevant.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2006
  3. 884
    TheGame1594

TheGame1594 New Member Loyal Member

but why this is not in the new versions included too? i don't understand this.

4. 563
    Ooops

Because several sub-versions of DH0.43 have the 1.5flash mode broken and the 0.44 version aswell. Also Dh0.42 seems to have the best support for this mode: icon game launching for 1.5 and lower games and also NoUMD through RunUMD for many games up to 2.5 version.

5. 0
    dexxa05

dexxa05 Guest

Hi,

With Fifa Street 2 i have problem for save game....

6. 0
    Escultor

Escultor Guest

Yes, in some games hapens this, but not too many games :D

And for some ISOs you can find MeetJoeBlack's pactches to save this problems ;)

7. 563
    Ooops

The latest 0.45 and 0.46 versions of Devhook have the 1.5 NoUMD mode working back again so it's recommended to use them if you want to have also new emulation features (ie fw2.71 support).

8. 17
    rumblebee

rumblebee New Member Loyal Member

Saving works... You just have to ignore the error message at the start. Save and load through menu in My street.

9. 11
    Apollocre

Apollocre New Member Loyal Member

I don't see the option for that...

10. 43
    daxster

daxster New Member Loyal Member

Home Page:
    Originally Posted by Ooops
    The latest 0.45 and 0.46 versions of Devhook have the 1.5 NoUMD mode working back again so it's recommended to use them if you want to have also new emulation features (ie fw2.71 support).

i can not see this option as well

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2006
  11. 7
    theodevil

theodevil New Member Loyal Member

it works fine.. but i have problems with a lot of games (like tekken, micro machines and more) which refuse to start... when i try it after few seconds my psp turns off :( .. any ideas?? thanx

12. 0
    Escultor

Escultor Guest

mmmm this game should work untouched, maybe try to apply ppf patches to this ISOs, you can find it on the sticky "Mi Fix/Patches" from MeetJoeBlack.

Tell us then...

13. 7
    theodevil

theodevil New Member Loyal Member

thanx.. that was the trick :) .. tryed it with micro machines v4, works now great.. now i just have to find the fix for the 850mb version of tekken...

14. 26
    four_add

four_add New Member Loyal Member

after quitting the game.. there is a UMD game icon and the "firmware 2.XX update" UMD icon beneath it. what happens if it pressed? :confused:
    will it try to update firmware knowing that there is no UMD and lead to a brick psp?

15. 0
    Escultor

Escultor Guest

No, nothing happens, if yoy press the icon the psp freezes, but not gets upgraded, don't worry :)

16. 17
    mochzr

mochzr New Member Loyal Member

Trouble w/ loading

I'm having trouble getting this to work. I have multiple ISOs, all > 2.50 required, and none of them will boot. Once I run devhook w/ runumd (I got the x folder from online), it will just go blank and turn off. Does anyone have a link to a working x folder? ( I think mine is bad). I got the runumd and patched it, both from this forum. Please help =(. i am discouraged.

17. 0
    nofear04

nofear04 Guest

google search for run umd x folder. you'll find it. thats how i found mine and im pretty much a noob as well. at least psp-wise i am and im not sure if i gave you too much infomation. sorry mods if i did :(

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2006
  18. 2
    joeblow

joeblow New Member Loyal Member

thanks a lot for the tutorial. i have a broken umd drive and i was able to play using devhook.

i tried spiderman and micromachines and both worked (with save). too bad i can't switch between iso's when i go back in the xmb but it's a small price to pay :). (it says that i need to update in order to make it work)

in short: thanks (to you and to ooops).

19. 0
    DrummerBummer

DrummerBummer Guest

Damn It!

I feel so stupid...:(
    I normally seem to get things pretty fast, but now I've used TOO much time trying to understand how I can execute what I want.

First, let me give you some info:
    I have a 2.71 firmware psp, a newly broken UMDdrive, and NO skill in homebrew/emulators/allofthat...

So i figured, since I've allready bought these games, it wouldn't be immorally(spelled like that??) to download the games that I "already own".

And then, I try to find out how i do this and that, and it has no end!

The question tha comes back to me is, is it possible for me to run these dovnoaded iso's I have, without de original UMD?

Then:
    I've understood that one need the 1.5 FW to launch the many emulationprograms on the psp? Is this the answer?

COULD SOME TALENTED PSP-PRODIGY JUST LAY IT OUT THERE FOR AN EXTREMELY IRRITATED, NORWEGIAN MORON?!

*phuh*

Thanks!

20. 17
    mochzr

mochzr New Member Loyal Member

I was in your same position, and it was very, very frustrating. This is what I've learned (I was completely new to this a few weeks ago). First, get the 2.71 -> 1.5 downgrader. Here's the link: http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=7YJ2RFX3. Make sure you don't have the TA-082 motherboard in your PSP. When you run the downgrader program, it will show you how to check for this (it's very easy).

Just plug in your PSP with a USB cable, set it to USB mode, and run the program. All you have to do is tell it what drive your PSP is (for example, E:/ or G:/)

The problem with this downgrader is that apparently, it doesn't work perfectly. The programs that you will use to boot off of ISOs don't like this downgrader. So, what you have to do is Upgrade to 2.00, downgrade again using MPH's downgrader to 1.5.

To upgrade to 2.00, download this: http://www.psp-hacks.com/downloads/EBOOT_2_0_US.zip and extract it to your PSP. For this example, Let's say G:/ is your PSP. So, the EBOOT.PBP would go in G:/PSP/UPDATE. Make sure they're all in caps. Go ahead and update your PSP to 2.00 by going to the games icon in your PSP, and then go to the memory stick.

To downgrade back down to 1.5, use this webpage as a guide. It contains all the files you need as well.
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/psp-downgrade.php

Once you're back to 1.5, you'll have to install DevHook. DevHook runs on 1.5 Firmwire. It has the ability to emulate 2.71 firmwire directly off of a memory stick. It will also allow you to run early games (games which only require 1.5) without a UMD drive. You can run later games, but it will require a working UMD drive. However, when combined with RunUMD, it has the abillity to boot newer games without a working UMD drive.

DevHook comes with a menu option to use RunUMD, but you must install RunUMD seperately for it all to work properly.

To install DevHook, just link up your PSP to your computer with the USB cable again, and set it to USB mode. Now, run Ultimate Installer 1.1 and select your PSP drive like before. This will install DevHook 0.46 automatically (I believe this is the latest version). Ultimate Installer 1.1. will ask you what to install, just select the first option (Install DevHook 0.46 with 2.71 firmwire) You can get Ultimate installer 1.1 here: http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/673

Now, you have to install RunUMD. I'll post that later and instructions as well.

While I'm doing that, you need to make sure your ISOs are good. Some ISOs will boot without any problems. I know this is true for Metal Gear Acid! 2, Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai, Ridge Racer, etc. Some will require a PPF Patch. You can get these from here: http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=21719

Just download the PPF-O-Matic program, and follow the instructions. Tekken Dark Ressurection Japanese requires this. You can also compress your ISOs to take up less memory by using CISO utility. This will also help compatibility as well. Find that here:http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=21374 This will convert your ISOs to CSOs, which basically do the same thing on your PSP, only that the CSOs take up less space. You do not lose functionality (movies, etc) with this utility.

If your ISO still doesnt boot after all this, it might be a bad ISO from online. You can always borrow a friends UMD and rip it using rip utilities. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to use those.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.